CH18

The Best Friend Zone 2

REMINDER!!!

 

please read and understand the author's note because it is very important. THANK YOU

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

(Chen)

 

I was frozen as I watch Kyungsoo take Hani’s hand. Or Hani take Kyungsoo’s hand… I don’t know which….

 

“YAH CHENCHEN!!! YOU’LL LOSE TO US!!! HURRY UP!!!” I heard Hani suddenly yell and I turned to see the two of them already running towards the finish line and Sehun was with Luhan as well… and they were running. Kai was nowhere to be found and Baekhyun was with Chanyeol…

 

I snapped out of it for a bit, forgetting what I had felt and turned to Yura who was sitting there and looking at me confusedly, I grabbed her hand and I ran with her to the finish line.

 

“AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!!” the referee yelled, it wasn’t us though…

 

“number 12!! What’s your name son?” the referee asked

 

“D-Do Kyungsoo…” Kyungsoo breathed out

 

“well well well Mr. Kyungsoo… let’s see what you got as the bring me…” the referee said and Kyungsoo handed him the piece of paper…

 

“oooooooooooh~!!!! This is interesting…” the referee smiled. What is it?? what was written on that paper???

 

“first, let me ask, Miss, what is your name?” he turned to Hani

 

“Moon Hani.” Hani replied and that’s when I noticed, their hands were interlaced again…

 

OUCH. BIG TIME. UGH!!! WHY DOES IT FREAKING HURT SO MUCH!?!?

 

“well Ms. Moon… what is your relationship with Mr. Kyungsoo?” the referee asked

 

“HE’S HER PRINCE!!!” someone yelled and we turned to see Kai with someone we don’t know.

 

“what the?? What took you so long??” Baekhyun asked

 

“THERE YOU ARE CHANYEOL!!! WHAT THE HELL!?!? WHERE DID YOU FIND HIM!?!” Kai whined at Baekhyun

 

“I texted him to come here since I needed his assistance.” Baekhyun deadpanned and Kai squat down the floor in dismay.

 

“sorry kid, you’re the last. But now back to the winners…” the referee said and I was focused on him.

 

“the bring me, that Mr. Kyungsoo here had was….. DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!” the referee said and then there was a drum roll..

 

WHAT IS IT??? WHAT DID IT SAY??? I’M SO CURIOUS DAMN IT!!!

 

“BRING THE PERSON YOU LOVE!!!” he read out loud in his mic.

 

My ears were pierced with a thousand screams from the students…

 

“OH MY GOSH!! I TOLD YOU THEY WERE A THING!!! IT WAS OBVIOUS ON THE FIRST DAY THAT CUTE GUY TRANSFERRED!!!!” a girl yelled

 

“OH MY GOODNESS THAT IS SO SWEET!!!!“ another yelled

 

“KISS!!!” someone started and I unconsciously glared at the person and I turned to Hani and Kyungsoo… they won’t right???

 

RIGHT??????

 

“sorry guys. Not yet official.” Kyungsoo bowed shyly and everyone aww-ed.

 

“WOW!!! THIS IS THE SCHOOL FESTIVAL BUT YOU’RE TURNING IT INTO A VALENTINE’S DAY EVENT!!! We should crown you…. COUPLE OF THE YEAR!!!” the referee said and everyone cheered once again

 

“WINNER!!! COUPLE OF THE YEAR!!!” he added and raised Kyungsoo’s hands, Kyungsoo raised both of his hands and I stared at their interlaced fingers….

 

I feel so numb.

 

--

 

Saturday came and we all snuck in Chanyeol’s house with the help of his older sister… I didn’t know Chanyeol had an older sister and she has the same name as Yura.

 

Although speaking of Yura, she can’t come because of family matters. I forgot to ask what… or I think she told me but I can’t remember…

 

Hani came and Kyungsoo wasn’t around… Kai was helping out in the decorations while I was left in the kitchen with Luhan and Hani…

 

“no Luhan, you put the eggs first…” Hani said

 

“how come you know so much about baking?? I know you like cooking but baking??” Luhan asked and I was curious too…. I had thought about it before

 

“well.. I don’t really enjoy it at first, but then Kyungsoo taught me lots of things about baking back in Japan so….” Hani smiled shyly and I saw her blush…

 

“Kyungsoo can really make you blush huh?” Luhan teased

 

“and… he’s the one that can make you smile so much… a smile that isn’t fake… unlike those you’ve been showing us before.” Luhan admitted.

 

“oh shut up Lu…” Hani said and hit Luhan with the wooden spoon

 

“YAH! I’m serious!! I mean, before you smile a fake one… and I’m not even gonna say why… but you know what I mean…” Luhan said and I froze…

 

So Hani…. all those time you were smiling towards me was fake?? All those times, that I thought your eyes were sparkling because you’re happy… was because you were sad and were about to burst into tears??

 

“can we not talk about that?” Hani then said and I snapped my head up at her, she was looking down and stirring the mixture slowly

 

“oh. Sorry.” Luhan then said and we continued to work in silence…

 

It’s so awkward.  The person responsible for her fake smiles was me, and now…. I wanted to be the one to bring the old Hani back, no fake smiles, just pure joy and happiness… but…. There’s already someone else doing that for her…

 

“LUHAN!! COME HERE I NEED A HAND!!” Baekhyun suddenly yelled from outside

 

“WAIT A MINUTE!!!” Luhan yelled back

 

“I’ll be right back.” Luhan faced Hani and she gave a nod before running out.

 

Well… this is awkward----er.

 

Hani and I were quiet. DAMN IT I AM NOT USED TO THIS!!!! Say something Jongdae!!!

 

“uhm.. need a hand?” I asked with a soft voice

 

“hm? Oh yeah sure. You can help me pour this.” She smiled and I felt light. Please show me this smile more often Hani… but also… please tell me I’m the reason why you smile like this… Her smile was so bright and I could feel… butterflies in my stomach.

 

“YAH!!” Hani’s yell woke me up

 

“h-huh?” I asked and she frowned. She looks so cute!!! But whyyyyyyyyyyy??? I didn’t take note of that before but now-----GAH!!!!

 

“HONEYBEE!!!” I yelled because I felt flour on my face.

 

“DON’T HONEYBEE ME!! YOU WEREN’T PAYING ATTENTION!!” she whined and I couldn’t help but laugh. She’s just so adorable like this!!! Aish!!! She can change my mood to sour to completely happy….

 

She has that effect on me before but now… it seems to have escalated to a whole new level..

 

“s-sorry. Haha! okay okay. I’ll help…” I smiled and walked over to her to pour the mixture.

 

--

 

We were waiting for the cake and cupcakes to bake, Hani was busy with her phone and I was busy… looking at her. Thinking about my feelings…

 

Am I really in love with her? Can’t I categorize this as a crush?? But why now?? Why her??? Not that I don’t like her… I really like her--------

 

Wait a minute… Did I just…. Admit?

 

 

 

-------------------------------

AUTHOR'S LONG NOTE:

so yeah. hello. I need to apolgize for some things:

1. for leaving a cliffhanger

2. for leaving --- let me explain this... I need to be on a full two-three week hiatus. exams are right around the corner and I need to be in some places late at night.... I also need to finish requirements before Christmas break... so yeah...

 

I'M SORRY AND I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND :)