The Last Trip

Picture Book of Memoirs

                “Wow! The view is really wonderful!” exclaimed Danielle. They were at a pool resort. “Noona lets unpack our things in our respective rooms first then head back in the pool area.” Donghyun said.

                 Yesterday morning Danielle was checking her e-mails. There was one that she hadn’t anticipated at all. She deeply thought about it and finally came into a decision. She then called her neighbors over to have dinner.

                  At Danielle’s place, she cooked delicious pasta for them. The boys really liked it. After dinner they started talking about their plans for the weekend. It has already been about two months since Danielle came to Korea and they haven’t gone together in a trip yet. The last time they were together was at the amusement park and it was just a one day experience. They planned to go somewhere farther in an overnight outing.

                “Noona let’s go to the pool resort!” suggested Minwoo. “That’s a great idea, I like that.” Danielle agreed. That is how they decided their weekend. Everyone was excited; the maknaes Youngmin, Kwangmin and Minwoo even bought new swim wears.

                They departed early in the morning. Everyone was getting more sleep on their way to the resort except Danielle who was busy taking pictures - the natural landscapes she saw, the sleeping guys and everything she found just beautiful.

boyfriend.kpop5.jpg

 

                At the resort Danielle has her own room; Youngmin, Kwangmin and Minwoo are sharing the same room while Jongmin, Hyunseong and Donghyun are using the other room.

                It was a beautiful and sunny day, just perfect to go swimming and get a little tanned. After about 30 minutes, all of them are already in their swim wear and went to the pool.

                They played all day in the pool, tried the water slide and played games too. Danielle had so much fun, it was a better experience compared to the one at the amusement park. She was treated like a princess by the guys. They would assist her in any way they can such as serve her food and drinks whenever it’s already time to eat. She has seen a lot of new sides of them. They were such cute gentlemen.

                It was already getting dark and they decided to get ready for dinner. They had their food outside, grilling samgyeopsal. Kwangmin even wrapped samgyeopsal for her, and she was really happy just for that small gesture.

                They were resting after they’ve eaten. “Guys since we barely have time to get together why don’t we make use of this time to say things we want to say to each other?” Danielle said. “Noona, why are you saying it like this would be the last time will see each other?” Youngmin asked. “No, it’s not like that. I just want us to become closer, that’s all.” But in her heart she knows she was making excuses, there really is not much time left. “Alright let’s play truth or dare then.” Jongmin suggested.

                They all agreed and decided who goes first by twirling a bottle and whoever gets pointed at will go first. The person on their right side gets to ask the question. When the bottle stopped, it pointed at Donghyun. “Ah, why am I the first?” he laughed.

boyfriend.donghyun.jpg

 

                 Minwoo got to ask the question and said “Donghyun hyung tell us honestly how do you feel about being our leader?” Donghyun’s expression became serious “Of course I like it, but at the same time I feel like it’s a really heavy responsibility for me. There are times when I screw up and being the leader that I am it’s kind of…..you know.” All fell silent, they felt Donghyun’s sincerity, “I’ve lectured and scolded you and acted like I’m better than everyone but I know all I’ve been doing is watching your backs as you grow and improve yourselves and I feel like I’m still rooted in the same spot that I was before and not growing at all.” The conversation really got serious and Donghyun was pouring his heart out, the members also felt a lump on their throats and didn’t know what to say.

boyfriend.jongmin.jpg

 

                Danielle took the courage to speak “Donghyun, you were given that responsibility because they knew you can handle it. It’s not always an easy road and Hyunseong, Jongmin and all of them know that you are not perfect so you really do make mistakes sometimes.” “Yes hyung, and we really appreciate it when you scold us sometimes so we know our mistakes, and don’t say that you are not improving at all. We who have always been watching you know that.” Hyunseong said. “Yes hyung and we are thankful that you have been treating us really well.” Jongmin seconded. The maknaes all have tears in their eyes; all the members were so touched by Donghyun’s confession. Donghyun smiled and was also happy of what he heard from s. “I will work harder from now on guys and if you have any problems don’t hesitate to tell me.” he said.

boyfriend.hyunseong.jpg

 

                The other members also got their turn. The maknaes were thankful for their hyungs taking care of them and sorry for sometimes being noisy and hard-headed and promised to work harder in the future. Hyunseong and Jongmin also promised to work harder and help Donghyun anytime. After their sharing everyone was in good spirit and felt that their burdens have been lifted. Danielle hated to destroy the mood but she has to tell them.

                At last it was her turn, the time she dreaded the most. Before anyone could ask her a question she said “Guys, I have something to tell you.” Seeing how her expression changed they quieted down and felt like something grave is coming. They were all eyes and ears to Danielle when she said “I’m leaving anytime this week.” “Why is it noona? Are you going out of town?” Youngmin asked. Danielle shook his head “No, I’m leaving for good. I’m going back to my real world.” They were all shocked and didn’t know what to say. It was like a bomb just exploded. Youngmin and Kwangmin had their big beautiful eyes looking at her in astonishment. Minwoo was looking at the floor like he can’t believe what he just heard. Jongmin, Hyunseong and Donghyun were looking at her with their jaws dropped.

               “Noona, please don’t joke like that. You’re only kidding right?” Kwangmin said with tears starting to shed in his eyes. When Danielle saw that she wasn’t able to help it and cried. “Ahh, I promised myself I wouldn’t cry, look at what you did.” she joked but it just made it worse. Everyone started crying. “Guys please don’t cry. I got a big job, as a photographer I have been waiting for this job and I can’t let this pass by. I’m waiting for their reply for the schedule and I’m pretty sure within this week I’ll be flying back to New York.”

               “Noona we understand that this job is your dream, it’s just that you’ve already become our friend and you going away just hurts.” Donghyun told her. “We can’t believe that we are already saying goodbye to you noona.” Minwoo said while wiping his tears. “Noona, do you really have to go? Please just stay here.” Youngmin pleaded. “Don’t ask that to noona Youngmin, you’re being selfish.” Kwangmin scolded Youngmin. "Noona your vacation isn't over yet, you've said your staying for 3 months. It's only been just 2 months and a couple of days." Jongmin said while wiping his tears. Her heart was aching, she herself didn’t want to say goodbye.

               Danielle decided to just tell them what she wanted to say. “Meeting you guys was a gift. You are all so charming and friendly. You made me feel welcome here with your bright personalities. I got to learn things from you and you cared for me while being here. You don’t know how thankful I am. You are my family here in Korea and you’ve never let me feel like I was a stranger.” her tears kept falling and even though it’s hard to talk while sobbing she tried to say the words in her heart. Her neighbors were also crying while listening to her. The thought of separation was very hard for all of them.

 
 

               “I will definitely miss you guys. You have to promise me that you’ll always take care of each other. Minwoo, Youngmin and Kwangmin always listen to your hyungs. Jongmin, Hyunseong and Donghyun also listen to your dongsaengs, take care of them and continue being a warm family that you are right now. Reach your dreams as I also reach mine. Don’t worry, we may not see each other as often as we like but we can still communicate through emails. I can still call you guys. It’s not the end for us. Whenever I have time I’ll come back here in Korea and we can still go out and play, okay? So let’s stop crying now. You will always be my little brothers and I’m still your noona.”

                They’ve always hated goodbyes; though they understand why Danielle is leaving they still can’t help but be sad. She has been like an older sister to them. She took care of them and they made such great memories together. They will surely miss Danielle and things will never be the same without her.