The Party

Picture Book of Memoirs

                At the apartment #34 the guys were talking about Danielle. “Hyungs, I want to know more about the new neighbor, Danielle.” Minwoo said. “Why? Are you interested in her?” asked Hyunseong. “Hmm, I think interested is not the word but I’m curious, she gives off this mysterious kind of aura.” The twins looked at each other and both said “We agree with Minwoo.” “Hahaha, seems like our maknaes are maturing now, already interested in a girl.” Jongmin teased the three youngest. “When we met Danielle on the elevator, I wasn’t able to stop myself from greeting her, so I guess there’s really that force drawing us to her.” Donghyun said. “Ok guys I have an idea, how about we do this.” And they leaned closer to each other and fell into a deeper discussion about their plan.

Strawberry-Cake-Recipe.jpg

                It was Friday night. Ding dong! Ding dong! Who could be ringing Danielle’s door bell?

                “Surprise!” #34 neighbors greeted. They were bringing a box of cake and drinks. “Just treat this as your house warming party, though we only brought these.” Donghyun said while showing her the cake and drinks. It was indeed a surprise, she hadn’t expected it at all “Wow! How sweet of you guys. Come on in!” She ushered them to the living room and went to the kitchen for plates and glasses. “Let me help you Danielle.” offered Minwoo and Hyunseong went along.

                Everything was now laid out on the table. Jongmin proposed a toast “This is to welcome our new neighbor, Danielle!” “Cheers!” “So Danielle if you don’t mind, how old are you?” Donghyun asked. “I’m 22, how ‘bout you guys?” “Really you’re already 22? But you look very young” Youngmin said. “Yeah we thought you are still on your teens.” Kwangmin seconded. Danielle giggled, everyone tells her she has a baby face, but hearing them compliment her just made her happy. “You’re our noona then. The twins and Minwoo are 16, I am 17, Hyunseong hyung is 18 and Donghyun hyung is 21.” Jongmin answered Danielle’s question.

                They bombarded Danielle with questions, eager to know more about her. They found out that she is not Korean at all but a half Caucasian, half Chinese. She looks more Asian though. a petite build with a dark brown hair and a beautiful young face. Youngmin was really amazed of her being multilingual. “Wait a minute. Now that I think of it, you look really familiar. I think I’ve seen you somewhere.” Donghyun said. “Ah!" he gasped as he remembered "You’re a famous photographer who has been featured in several magazines being the youngest successful photographer!” “Wow….” the rest of them said with their mouths hanging open. Danielle laughed at their amusing reactions “Oh, come on guys, don’t look at me like that, I’m not that good. Those magazines are just exaggerating. I just do what I do in my job.” “Wow, I can’t believe it, that we’re actually neighbors with someone like you!” Donghyun said while shaking her hand out of excitement. “By the way guys I want to ask you not to spread any news about me being here. I came here for a quiet vacation.” “Sure! You can definitely trust us Noona!”

                Danielle has always been busy with her photography. Although she loves doing it but she barely has time for herself. No one else knows about her being in Korea and she doesn’t want to be bothered by job offers in the middle of her vacation.

                The night got deeper and they all got to know each other well. Just for a short period of time they felt that they have long been friends. Her #34 neighbors are now calling her Noona. She took some pictures with them too to remember this totally unexpected but enjoyable house warming party. It was already midnight when the party ended and the guys went back to their own apartment.

boyfriend.jpg