Meeting

Picture Book of Memoirs

               ‘Ding!’ sounded the elevator that Danielle has been waiting for at the lobby. Along with her luggage she boarded the elevator. She just arrived in Korea and is heading towards her rented apartment.  Just when the doors were about to close, two hands stopped them. That moment, she felt like time has slowed its motion. Two guys were standing in front holding the elevator doors and not just any other two guys. They were twins, really good looking twins! She unconsciously gaped  at their beautiful eyes and perfect hair that looks really shiny and soft. She just caught herself staring at them and hurriedly looked down to cover her embarrassment.

                The twins then boarded the elevator followed by four other guys who are as equally attractive! Danielle was smiling asking herself what exactly is happening. Is it raining of gorgeous people today? She felt that she is really going to have fun on her vacation and with these good looking guys with her in the elevator just seems like a good luck sign from heaven. She has always been into eye-candies and just wanted to make them her models for her photos whenever she sees one.

She’s a brilliant freelance photographer and already has made her name in the industry.  She decided to go to Korea for her 3 months break from the busy world she’s always into. She is really excited about this trip and getting more keyed up by the minute. She can’t wait to see Korea, experience its culture and meet a lot of friends. She might be considered foreigner but she has a good grasp of their language. She has been studying different languages and one of them is Korea’s language. It’s now time to put it into practice.

                While on their way up she noticed that these guys didn’t press any other button on the elevator. Exactly! She realized they are going to the same floor. ‘Ahhh’ Danielle sighed. Luck is indeed on her side today. “Hi!” said the red haired guy. She didn’t expect that friendly greeting. She awkwardly smiled at him and returned the greetings. “Is it you who’s going to occupy apartment number 33?” she was surprised. “How’d you know?” she asked. “Well we have noticed the fuss going on the next door. You see we live in number 34.” “Oh I see. That was because I’ve sent my other stuffs before I came here so it would be ready by the time I arrive.” She explained.

                “Ah, we are neighbours then!” said the curly haired guy with a cute eye smile. “Isn’t that obvious?” said the guy who seems the youngest among them, while laughing because of that obvious remark. “Oh, I’m sorry. I’m just excited.” Danielle smiled at their bantering, they look like a family together and she felt the warmness in her heart.

                “Ah! I’m sorry for our rudeness we forgot to introduce ourselves.” the red haired guy interrupted the chitchat. “I am Donghyun, this is Youngmin and Kwangmin” while ponting at the twins, “this is Jongmin , Minwoo” the guys who started the bantering, “and this is Hyunseong.” the last guy with a warm smile. “It’s really nice meeting my new neighbours. I’m Danielle. Please take care of me while being here.”

                And that is how Danielle met her new Korean friends and she is looking forward to her stay in Korea.

               Danielle, unlike others who keeps diaries, she has a picture book. She calls it picture book of memoirs. She keeps memorable photos in them with her thoughts in writing. And she is hoping to add more photos in her picture book of memoirs.

 

8149-7fac5d8skg.jpg