Out to Play

Picture Book of Memoirs

                Danielle was just out her door when she saw the twins and Hyunseong. “Hi noona! Where are you going?” “Hello guys! I’m off to the amusement park. I haven’t gone there yet so I’m off to play.” “You’re going there alone?” Kwangmin asked. “Hmm , yes in fact I am, it’s not like I know other people here except you guys.” Without reservation, Youngmin said “You can ask us to accompany you noona. We’ll be happy to go with you!” with a very big smile on his face. She laughed; she can see how their eyes brightened. Even though they have certain maturities in them but they are still babies, she finds them very cute.

                “Are you guys free? I can take you with me alright.” “Yes!” all of them excitedly answered. “Noona, Jongmin is also inside the house can we bring him along?” Hyunseong asked. “Sure, the more we are the better. Where are Donghyun and Minwoo by the way?” “Oh, they went out and we don’t know where. We’ll just send them a message later.”

                On their way to the amusement park, Donghyun called. “Hey! Why didn’t you wait for us? How dare you guys go out without us?” “Hyung, you and Minwoo went out without telling us anything. So I guess you know how we feel when you both go out without us too right?” Jongmin said. “I’m sorry, we went out to eat. Anyway were coming too, wait for us in the amusement park, okay? Tell noona we will be there.”

boyfriend.kpop2.jpg

 

               “Hyung we shouldn’t have sneaked out. Look, we were left behind.” Minwoo regretted following Donghyun. “I was hungry and there wasn’t any food in house. Besides I didn’t ask you to come with me.” “What’s done is done let’s just go and catch up to them.”

               Danielle, Youngmin, Kwangmin, Jongmin and Hyunseong arrived first at the park. “Wow, it’s so beautiful and there are lots of rides! Guys, I want us to have fun today with lots of pictures okay?” “Yes noona!” “Hmm, why don’t we go play first while waiting for Donghyun and Minwoo?” “That’s a good idea noona!” both Youngmin and Kwangmin said.

               They arrived at a shooting booth. “Why don’t we bet?” Jongmin said. “I like that!” Danielle said. She has a competitive streak in her as well. “But noona there are five of us, it won’t be even if we divide into two groups.”Youngmin said. “Why don’t we do this then? Danielle noona will get the prize we get from the booth, the looser will buy food later.” Hyunseong suggested. Danielle was kind of disappointed she wanted to play too but it’s alright she would get a stuffed toy either way.

               The teams were decided through rock, paper and scissors. Team A is Jongmin and Kwangmin while Team B is Hyunseong and Youngmin. First round, neither teams were able to hit the target. Second round, Team B won. Kwangmin was dissatisfied and said he wants another round. Third round, this time Team A won. Kwangmin and Jongmin were so happy while Team B got nervous, both teams wanted to win and get the prize for Danielle. Tie breaker, it was nerve racking. Both teams chose the twins as the representatives. Guns are ready, and then they both shoot. One bullet hit the target, the other missed. Danielle was speechless; Jongmin ran into Kwangmin and hugged him, they both jumped happily. Team A won! Hyunseong just patted Youngmin’s shoulder for their loss. The sportsmanship of both teams was very adorable.

rabbit-stuffed-plush-toy-1-Gallay.jpg

teddy-bear-38286.jpg                 This time Danielle tried shooting; she did want to play and wouldn’t like to pass up this chance. In just one try she was able to knock up the target. She’s not a bad shooter herself. The guys were very amazed. She gave her prize to the winning team. She got a half body size teddy bear while she gave the rabbit stuffed toy to Jongmin and Kwangmin. They went to other booths and played. There was lots of laughter in their group. Danielle was very glad she went out with them.

                Finally Donghyun and Minwoo arrived. “What took you so long? You’ve missed a lot. We had so much fun with noona.” Youngmin was making them both jealous. Donghyun and Minwoo were envious but they still wanted to play.  “Guys I’m hungry. Let’s go eat first then well go try the rides after.” Danielle said. As what was promised, both Youngmin and Hyunseong bought their food, Donghyun and Minwoo also bought some as compensation for being late.

               At the other table there were three girls. Danielle noticed they kept looking at their group. Well, she understands them, who could take their eyes off from her gorgeous neighbors. What she doesn’t like is how they look at her. They were throwing dagger-like looks at her. “Noona what’s wrong?”Minwoo asked. “Hmm, look at the girls on the next table, but don’t make it obvious okay. Do you know them?” she asked. “Nope, we don’t.” they said. “Well, they are looking at me nastily; I don’t think I’ve done something wrong though.”

               “That’s what you call jealousy noona. Don’t worry, just don’t mind them.” Jongmin said. Danielle was a bit puzzled. From where she came from, most of her friends are guys and nobody throw her such looks. She easily gets friends with guys than girls because for her, guys are not as complicated to deal with as girls.

                They’ve finished eating and went to the rides. She still noticed the three girls following them wherever they go. She was very uncomfortable with it. Donghyun noticed her uneasiness. “Noona, are you alright?” “Ah, yes, remember the girls I pointed out to you guys a while ago? They have been following us ever since.” “Really? Just ignore them, let’s have fun okay?” “Alight.” she said.

 
 

                She went to the powder room to fix herself. She was wet at the water rides they went to. When she was done, she went out but the three mean looking girls blocked her way. “Who do you think you are? You have such guts flirting with those guys. Just looking at you makes me sick.” the other girl said. She seems to be the group’s leader. Danielle wasn’t scared; she finally understood what Jongmin told her about jealousy. “You have no right to tell me that. I don’t know you, and I have no time to talk to you. My friends are waiting for me.” Danielle told them. The girl got irritated and was about to hit her. Danielle was able to catch her hand and pushed it away.

                “It seems like you’re doing the wrong thing here Miss. If you are interested with my friends, shouldn’t you befriend them instead of wasting your time bullying me?” Danielle glared at them. They looked very angry now, they didn't expect Danielle to fight back. From her back she heard Jongmin said “I don’t think we want to be friends with them though noona.” “Are you not ashamed of yourselves? Now get lost and don’t ever show yourselves again to us before we do anything to you.” Donghyun said forcefully. Danielle looked at her neighbors and they were really angry. The girls who bullied her were ashamed and they ran away.

                “Thank you, guys. You should have not done that though, I had the situation handled.” Danielle said. “We just don’t like our friends getting hurt, noona.” Minwoo said giving her a confident smile. She returned a smile to them “Okay, I think were done here. Let’s go eat dinner and then head home.”

                It was the first time she saw her neighbors angry. They protected her and she was really glad. She didn’t want to cause trouble with those girls. It was certainly a very interesting day for Danielle.