01 ~ Separation

Card Captors: The Lost Memories [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you think something terrible happened to mom and dad, Uncle Toya?" Shion asked as she was huddled in her thick blanket.

"Don't worry, Shi-chan. They'll be fine." Toya assured her with a smile while patting her on the head although he was deeply worried inside.

Toya, Yukito, and Tomoyo arrived at the twin's home after they received a distress called from the sisters after coming home from finishing their classes today.

"Ren-chan and I made snacks!" Yukito announced as he and Renge entered the living room. "Try to eat something, Shi-chan."

He told her as he set a few plates on the coffee table before taking some for himself and offering one to Toya.

"Thanks Yuki." Toya thanked taking a bite.

"Yeah, Shion. Can't worry on an empty stomach." Renge agreed as she handed her sister a small plate with a strawberry cheesecake slice on it. "It'll help a bit."

Shion shot her sister a small smile before taking the plate. "Thanks, Renge."

"You're welcome." Renge returned the smile before taking a mini plate herself. "Where's Auntie Tomoyo?"

"Right here." A soft voice answered as Tomoyo came down the stairs with a camcorder. "Although everything's a mess, there's nothing missing from what I can tell."

She joined the quartet, but continued to film everyone and around the living room.

"Do you want some cake, Tomo-chan?" Yukito offered.

"N-" She paused for a bit before answering. "Yes, please. I would like some."

Tomoyo took the offered plate and set both the plate and her camcorder beside her next to her bag. No one paid attention to the little plush-like figure hacking away at the piece of cake as they continued to talk about the disappearance of the sisters' parents.

"Shouldn't we call the police?" Shion asked after finishing another bite of her cake. "What about grandpa?"

"Dad's doing an archaelogical expo in Europe for the rest of the week. I don't want to worry him until he returns." Toya informed. "Let's keep the police out of this. They don't need to know."

"Why?" Renge asked confused. "They could help us out so much better."

Toya had his reason. The disapperance of his sister and his brother-in-law was not natural. It was supernatural. Although Toya gave up his magical abilities to Yue to sustain himself and Yukito, Toya was still able to sense such auras.

Before Toya could answer, Tomoyo answered instead in his aid. "Because we can't re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter