The (Un)Callback

Guardian Angel

Both boys were waiting for the announcement. But it was Kibum who was more anxious than Jonghyun. Even though Kibum knew how talented his boyfriend was, he wasn’t quite sure that his boyfriend would get the callback.

One week passed,

two weeks passed,

on the 3rd week, Kibum and Jonghyun were not so concerned about the callbacks, Kibum did check Jonghyun’s email every few days just to make sure, but he also get less and less care about it.  Until that one day..

Kibum was home early, one of his lecture that day call a day of earlier. Of course everybody was glad about it. Jonghyun texted him earlier that he would stop by for lunch before meeting Jinki on the hospital .after cleaned himself, he went to the kitchen and cooked meal for both of them since Taemin would have his lunch on Minho’s as usual.

As he  finished preparing the food on the table, there was still no sign of Jonghyun. So as usual, he grabbed his laptop and surfed on the internet. He remembered about Jonghyun’s application, so he checked on Jonghyun’s email account. He knew the password, since Jonghyun practically had the same password for everything. Their anniversary.

He lazily scrolled down on Jonghyun’s email and mentally scolded his boyfriend about how he should check his email every once in a while. Kibum’s eyes widened by what he saw “Callback for SM Audition”. He shut his mouth by his hand to prevent him from squealing. He had to tell Jonghyun,or he should surprise him. yes, he had to.

While waiting for Jonghyun to got home, he cooked some well dishes for dinner for some reasons. One, for celebrating Jonghyun’s call back, two, because he thought celebrating it for dinner outside was kind of wasting money and three, he felt like cooking

Door slammed and groan of frustration was heard. Taemin was home. Kibum grab a banana milk on the fridge and went to check the younger boy “Minho?” Taemin looked up and nodded as Kibum giving him his favorite banana milk. Kibum always amazed by the fact how fast Taemin would react to banana milk. He should told Minho to just buy Taemin tons of banana milk to prevent them from arguing. Oh and there was his reason number 4, Taemin would be having dinner with them, because he couldn’t just let the other starving without his prince charming, a.k.a Minho to come and save him.

Taemin sniffed, he smelled something nice “Hyung, are you cooking?” Kibum nodded before storming out to the kitchen afraid he might be burned something if he left it too long.

Taemin stood up from the couch he had been lying as his phone went off. It was from Minho, how did Kibum know? Because Taemin rejected it, and it went off again and Taemin rejected it, again. Multiple time. Kibum couldn’t take it, when the phone went off, he was running to it before the younger could rejected it again. He snatched it from Taemin who gave him a glare.

Kibum huffed “Ya Choi Minho, what did you do to my baby?” Taemin watched his hyung with dazed look. Sometimes he loved it when Kibum would step in and throw grenade on Minho’s face, even though sometimes Minho would ask Jonghyun to step in and back him up and Kibum and him would ended up in a fight as well.

“K-Kibum? Give it back to him” Minho was shocked

“No! You come here and talk to him. man up frog face!” Kibum yelled before hanging up the phone and gave it to Taemin. Taemin mouthed a thank you and Kibum replied it with a wink.

An hour later, the doorbell goes off “Taemin ah! Your frog prince is here!” Kibum yelled from the dining room as he managing the table.

Taemin lazily dragged himself from his room to the front door. Kibum was right, there Minho was, standing outside their apartment with a bouquet of roses. Taemin huffed “Of course roses could solve anything, right?”

“I know it isn’t, but it does help, right?”

“Actually, no Choi”

“Then how ‘bout this” Minho put down the roses and grab something from his bag. A banana milk “Is this help?”

Taemin tried to hide his smirk “okay fine, come in” Minho smiled “I am still mad at you” Taemin stated.

“How can I make you un-mad at me?” Minho asked, almost pleaded. “I know I know I was wrong but please Taemin”

“Kiss me!” Taemin whispered to Minho’s ear making the taller guy shivered . Minho grabbed Taemin’s shoulder and pushed him to the wall, he tilted the younger’s face up and pressed his lips towards the other. it was so passionate Taemin declared it as the kiss of the year. He loved it when the other were passionate like it.

“You like it that way?” Minho teased

“shut up” Taemin whined crumpling Minho’s shirt. Minho thought it was the cutest thing ever, so he grabbed it and ‘marked’ him as his by pulling the younger boy to another passionate kiss.

“Yeo- hey!you two are making up already? Awww that’s good. Where’s Kibum?” Jonghyun barged in making the couple broke the kiss.

There was an embarrassment looked on Taemin’s face “h-he is in the kitchen”

“okay, you two just make out okay I am going to meet my baby” Jonghyun shooed them to Taemin’s room. “Yeobooo where are you?” Jonghyun yelled

“here!” Kibum answered. Jonghyun went straight to the kitchen as he found the most eye-catching human being he had ever met, he was cooking with the pink apron he gave for the other’s birthday. Jonghyun couldn’t take it any longer, he wrapped his arms around Kibum’s waist “yeobo I’m home” Jonghyun sang as he placed a pecked on Kibum’s cheek. Kibum would be lying if his heart wasn’t fluttered whenever the other doing that to him.

“I know, so how’s your day?” Kibum asked, hands and eyes were fixed to his cooking.

“Good, if you don’t count of how nagging Minho was about Taemin being mad at him. You?”Jonghyun said, placing his index finger tone of Kibum’s masterpiece and it. kibum cringed, and slap Jonghyun’s hand away. Jonghyun mouthed a sorry.

“Uhm me? Well, good, except the fact that Taemin was nagging about Minho”

Jonghyun cleared his throat,Kibum noticed it and he knew his boyfriend were going to talk something serious. “So Kibum, I got the email”

Kibum turned around, looking at Jonghyun “w-what email?”

“I got the callback”

Kibum startled, he never thought his boyfriend would constantly checking on his email “Oh so you know.”

Jonghyun raised one eyebrow “Me know? Of course I know, I am checking it everyday. I was kinda expecting it as well tho” Jonghyun said shyly

Kibum huffed, “So? You’re going to keep on, right?” Kibum asked, looking straight to Jonghyun’s eyes wondered what he was thinking. Whether he would make it or no

Jonghyun let out a sigh. He shook his head. Kibum’s eyes widened, “What?” Kibum yelled

“Jagi, haven’t you read the rules?”

“N-no, why?”

“They said no dating allowed. And I am dating you. So?”

Kibum wanted to speak but quickly closed his mouth, afraid he might say something that could ruin their relationship. He wanted to be with Jonghyun more than anything in life, so did Jonghyun. But in the other hand, he would love to see his boyfriend make it to the business, and for some reason, Jonghyun started to love the idea as well.

“Then let’s do it secretly” Kibum said lowly, almost whispering. Suddenly the floor looked so not boring that Kibum looking down on it for a while, or he didn’t want to see Jonghyun’s look on his face

“No, Kim Kibum. I love you, and I love you the most. And if being a singer means that I couldn’t show you off to everyone then, I won’t do it. even for the world” Jonghyun said soothingly. He grabbed the feline boy’s chin up so he could see the look on his face, his eyes “But really Kibum, I won’t do it. I am sorry for letting you down but I won’t” Jonghyun tiptoed a little as he reached out for Kibum’s lips and place his towards it.

Kibum felt hot stream down on his face. He couldn’t believe Jonghyun would leave that kind of opportunity to be with him, and only him. Once again, he fell hard for the dino-faced with puppy eyes boy. He fell hard and he couldn’t get up, he loved that kind of fall. He loved every single second of it.

They let go of each other to catch a breath. Jonghyun noticed the tears on his boyfriend’s face, he wiped those away “I love you so much Kibummie, I couldn’t just let you go because of that something” Jonghyun reassured. Kibum nodded. He believed that boy anyday.

“But you would still sing to me, right?”

“I don’t know, you need to set a stage for me and…” Kibum punched the latter lightly on his stomach. “Of course baby, any day, anytime”


 

after a long time figuring out how to end this story, I finally came up with one, and I am still working on it. probably 10 more chapters? hehehehe comment and subscribe!