Rain

Guardian Angel

Kibum just got home from the exhausting day on the college. He totally had a rough day that day. His lecturer decided to split them into few studying group and Kibum didn’t like his partner, at all. They also had to made sketches for the next annual fashion show. Kibum had so many ideas in his mind, but according to his partner, his designs were too girly. Which was weird, because the lecturer specially ordered them to make clothes for girls.  If it wasn’t enough to make Kibum going insane, the fact that it was raining hard made everything even worse. He felt slightly regret of ignoring the weatherman that morning. He knew he should bring umbrella or something that might cover him from the pouring water. But no, his postman bag was filled with his sketches and all the important thing beside umbrella on the rainy day.

Not to mention, his car got broke because some certain friend of him, Lee Taemin, was trying to sneak out and meet his frog face boyfriend, Choi Minho in the middle of the night, and did I tell you that it was storm outside? Taemin was lucky because Kibum loved him more than he loved his car. Taemin was grounded for his life. He had to do the dishes from that on.

 Luckily, his boyfriend who was in his last few months before completing his medical degree was willing to give him a ride despite of how overwhelmed he was with his own assignments before final. Because Jonghyun just love Kibum too much, or maybe Kibum’s nagging was something he didn’t want to feel that moment.  

It had been raining for all week and when Kibum thought his day couldn’t get any worse, his boyfriend didn’t show up at time he should to pick him up. Kibum tried to call Jonghyun for many times but still no answer from the said boy. He groaned once again when rain hit him and soaked his body. Cursing himself for not brought umbrella at the first place, he ran to the bus stop and decided to take a bus home instead of waiting for his boyfriend. He knew his boyfriend well, despite his well-built body Jonghyun boyfriend was a coward to thunders and lightning.

He kept calling Jonghyun on his way home. It always ended up on his mailbox. It made Kibum slightly worried, should he check on Jonghyun or no. his soaked clothes deciding it was time to go home to change. He didn’t want to get sick and gave the whole annual fashion show preparation to his annoying partner.

Kibum sent a message to Jonghyun saying he was on his way home and he didn’t have to pick him up. He spent his way home with slightly worried mind. Jonghyun was the type of guy who would text his boyfriend back no matter how tired and how busy he was. It wasn’t his thing to hang Kibum and didn’t replied his message. That dino head should be pay for this, Kibum thought.

As soon as he got home, he went straight to the bathroom and stripped down himself. Took the warm shower, he could feel his tensed muscle relaxed. After he finished showering, he put on some warm clothes and made himself a hot chocolate. He checked his phone, but still no replied nor calls from Jonghyun.

Kibum decided to call Minho, Jonghyun’s friend. Since Minho lived in the same building as Jonghyun, he might know where Jonghyun was, Kibum thought.

“Hello?”

 

“Hyuuuungg~” The familiar voice greated him

 

“Ya! Lee Taemin, where are you? Why are you picking Minho’s phone?”

 

“Hmm..you know rain. Got stuck. Uhm”

 

Kibum rolled his eyes. His innocent Taemin turned into a not-so-innocent little Taemin ever since a certain frog face date him “okay I don’t need to know more. Oh can you ask Minho where Jonghyun is? I’ve been trying to call him all day”

“Jonghyun hyung? He stopped by 2 hours ago saying he would pick you up” Taemin said

 

“Really? I am home, and he never showed up”

 

“I don’t know if I supposed to say this, he planned a cheesy surprise for you. Oh wait was it a surprise? he asked Minho where he bought those flowers he sent to me before, he said it was all pretty.”

 

“Ah, I see” Kibum cheeks reddened. he knew how Jonghyun obsessed over those sappy romantic thing where it flowers and rainbows everyday “Have fun with Minho. whatever it means”

 

“We will!” Minho replied

 

“Oh Hi frog face! Thank you to turned Taemin into a holic you ert”

 

“woah woah hold on. It was your fault, you introduced me to that holic okay”

 

“Ya!!!!!!!” Taemin’s yell could be heard at the end of the phone

 

“Fine fine, bye you erts!”

 

“Bye hyung”

 

Kibum hang up the phone. Still, something made him worry. he felt like he have to go and find Jonghyun himself. Shaking of the silly thought, he sat down on the comfortable couch in front of the TV. The cup of hot chocolate still on his hand, sipping it slowly he could feel the warmness on his throat. TV’s remote on his other free hand, wandering around channel after channel but nothing seemed to get his attention from his phone. He tried to call Jonghyun for more times, but still no answer.

After finished watching the re-run of his favorite tv show, he decided it was time for nap even though it was already 5 pm. He tried to call Jonghyun for the thousand times, and still no answer. He knew he should be worried by then, but he kept his positive mind. as he placed his stiffened body on bed, the doorbell rang.

 

“Jonghyun!” he yelled. Guessing the person who was in front of the door as he ran towards the door.

He was right. It was Jonghyun, his body was drenched by water. It still raining outside, so Kibum thought it was because of it. Kibum looked at the boy in front of him carefully, his infamous puppy eyes and a sweet smile Kibum adored the most still lingered on Jonghyun’s his face. Kibum was glad Jonghyun was there, his worries all washed away by Jonghyun, standing in front of him.

 

“Hi Bummie..”


 

Hi! I'm currently writing for the last 2 parts despite I have exam week ahead //deep sigh//. so please cheer me up by subscribe comments and every possible option :))))