Something Fluttered

Guardian Angel

Since that day, they couldn’t stop texting each other. Jonghyun would sometime call him when he got bored, or when he didn’t do anything at the moment. Which made Jonghyun’s phone bill raise rapidly. and Kibum, he had no time to hang out with Taemin, his roommate. But they both could less care, maybe not Kibum, he was so sorry for not being able to be with Taemin as much as he used to. it was not like he could do something about it. every time he spent with Kim Jonghyun, was the highlight of his day.

 

‘We should try to hang out sometimes’ Jonghyun sent the message

‘and by hang out you mean?’

‘eat, walk around the park, drive around the town’

‘are you usually that oblivious?’ Kibum replied, obviously waiting for another answer

‘what?’ Jonghyun lied, he knew what the other wanted to hear, but he wouldn’t make it easy

‘uhm nothing, okay when?’

‘tomorrow, 5pm sharp. I’ll pick you up’

‘okay. see you tomorrow’

 

“Taemin! go change, we’re going shopping” Kibum said, slamming the door on Taemin’s room

“knock. Please” Taemin groaned

“ya, there’s no time to knock. I have a date tomorrow, I need to look nice” Kibum dropped himself on the bed beside Taemin “what are you doing? I’m going to tell your mom if you do something weird online!”

“oh please do tell my mom that working my school project is totally weird, please hyung please”

“don’t be such a dramatic”

“look who said it” Taemin hissed

“whatever” Kibum rolled his eyes “your school project can wait. My date can’t wait. Go change!” Kibum ruffled Taemin’s hair playfully

“Ya! This is due tomorrow and hyung, you are the guy with the most clothes that I know!”

“well, maybe I am but Taemin….” Kibum whined. Sometimes, Kibum could be so immature and Taemin had to step in and be the mature one.

“Hyung, listen up” Taemin made sure Kibum got his attention before he continued “You remember about my first date? When I freak out about what to do and what to wear?”

“And you asked me which rose to give her because you think she likes rose but it turned out that she’s allergic to flowers? I sure do”

“Ugh that’s not the point. But, you once said, when someone likes you, they should like you for what you are. not what covers you, but deep down inside you. That’s the only thing they should like, wait no, love about you” Taemin remarked. He was pretty satisfied with his advice to his hyung

“Uhm point taken. But Taemin, he’s special. I want to be special whenever he’s around”

“Aha! That’s the point! He has to be the one who makes you feel special!”

Key bit his lower lips, that was the sign that he got something bothered him in his mind. Taemin was right, Jonghyun should be the one who made him feel special. and he should make Jonghyun felt special when he was around.

“So? Do you still want to go on shopping?” Taemin teased but his eyes still fixed on books in front of him.

“Nah, I’ll make dinner. Finish your homework quickly, okay?”  Taemin nodded excitedly. Kibum only giggled to the other’s action.

 

Meanwhile on Jonghyun’s apartment…

“Minho! you gotta help me. he’s a keeper and I don’t want to look bad. What should I do? Should I wear insoles? He’s taller than me! Oh Minho I’m freaking out you gotta help me or else I’m going to die right this moment” Jonghyun panicked while running around his apartment with phone on his ear.

“Hyung hyung! Breathe! Breathe! Inhale…exhale” A husky voice on the other line said. Jonghyun did what he told. “Calm enough? I’ll help you okay. I’ll be there in 5” he hang up the phone

Jonghyun wasn’t used to the kind of situation, where he was the one to ask someone for a date.

“It’s not a date. No. we’re going to stroll around the city, maybe dinner but not date. No it’s not date” He practically said to himself multiple times.

Girls used to ask him for a date, and since he proclaimed himself as a gay, guys took him for a date. But never before he asked someone to go on date with him. so it was new for him. He wanted to make everything as special as it could be. The most important, made Kibum feel special, because to Jonghyun, Kibum was special.

The doorbell rang, Jonghyun jumped in surprise. it was Minho.

“So, tell me about her”

“him”

“oh yeah right, him. Sometimes I forget that you dig boys, hyung. You’re too handsome. It’s somewhat a shame” Minho stated.

“don’t even come to me when you finally meet your prince charming” Jonghyun hissed

“you mean, beautiful princess? I dig girls, hyung”

“I once said it, but look at me now”

“whatever, okay here’s the thing. Dressed as exactly like what you were the last time you met him”

“And that’s because…?”

“Gosh, hyung! Because the fact that you guys kissed on the first time you met, he was basically dig for you the way you look that moment. How can a soon-to-be-surgeon be this ignorant sometimes?”

“Ya! I’m your sunbaenim. Act respectfully” Jonghyun scolded.

“For someone much shorter than me, I am respectfully enough” Minho ran to the kitchen as soon as Jonghyun cursed him on the air.

***

 

To : Kibum

From : Jonghyun

I’ll pick you at 5. Be ready :)

 

Send.

“Crap! I never use that cheesy smiley. Crap” Jonghyun scolded himself

To : Jonghyun

From : Kibum

Okay. what’s with the smiley thing?

 

To : Kibum

From : Jonghyun

I’m just excited to meet you

 

Send

“Oh wait, am I being too cheesy? Ah what’s got into me” Jonghyun groaned.

 

On the other side, Kibum was so happy about the messages. He was a person who against the cheesiness, but this cheesiness, he loved it so much. No, not love, it was way too early. Definitely not love. Kibum thought.

He sent another messages to Jonghyun, he checked it once again made sure not to make the other drowned in happiness before heading to his bedroom and get ready for the date. At least that was what Kibum believed. Date.

***

Jonghyun just got out from the bathroom, drying his hair with towels while checked on his phone.

1 message received

Suddenly his heart dropped, he wasn’t expecting any reply so it was kind of surprising for him

To : Jonghyun

From : Kibum

Me too J

 

Kibum failed big time, because what happened next was Jonghyun jump all around his room only with his towel on.

***

After put on the clothes that he (and Minho with lots of argued) picked, Perfume sprayed here and there, making sure he wouldn’t smell. Even though he just spent 30 minutes in the shower. Jonghyun hummed happily as he checked his look for the 10th time, and walked across the hall and when he started his car’s engine, he kept humming the happy song. He just too happy that time.

To : Kibum

From : Jonghyun

I’m here!

“He’s here he’s here!” Kibum panicked “Oh Taemin, do I look good? I do look good, right?”

“You look hot, hyung” Taemin tried to sound sarcastic

Kibum looked at his reflection in the mirror, fixing his hair here and there “uhm, you’re right. I do look hot. Okay, I’m going. Don’t wait for me”

Taemin looked at him with a suspicious look then he grinned by the uncomfortable look on Kibum’s face “ohhh~ Kim Kibum will be doing it tonight? Stay safe you lovebirds” Taemin said as he pushed his hyung out of the house and bid him goodbye

The door slammed in front of him. he wanted to be mad but something about the younger boy’s words got him smile. His cheeks felt burning. His stomach grumbled even though he just ate. He didn’t even know was it normal to feel that kind of feels. He never felt it before, no one was able to make him like what Jonghyun did to him. it was beautiful, according to Kibum.

Jonghyun parked his car and walk to the front door of the building, waiting for Kibum, like a well-behaved gentleman he was. He kept reminding himself that it wasn’t a date, it was 2 friends going out for dinner and stuffs. Not date.

Not date.

“Hey!” A familiar voice woke him from his daydreaming. He turned around only to break everything he had in his mind.

‘it is really a date’ Jonghyun mumbled

Blue navy skinny jeans, white tshirt with denim jacket, and red converse shoes and the cute dimples on his cheeks. That’s all Kibum needed to make Jonghyun head over heels for him. He took Taemin’s advice and didn’t put too much effort on his looks.

Jonghyun, in the other hand, was trying to manage his breathing because he felt like something blocking his air ways. He was so astonished, unable to speak. The skies still bright, but Kibum’s eyes shined the brightest.

“Hey! are you okay?” Kibum waved his hands in front of stunned Jonghyun. “why? Is there something weird on me? sh-should I change?”

Jonghyun was snapped back to reality “No! please don’t, you look stunning”

“Thanks” Kibum whispered shyly. The red tinted on his cheeks, so did on Jonghyun’s.

They both stayed like that for few moments. Enjoying the awkwardness, but the beautiful awkwardness. Kibum’s hair breezed as the wind blew softly revealing more Kibum’s pure skin. Jonghyun could feel his cheeks burned even more, so he decided to grab Kibum’s hand and escorted him to his car before he would embarrassed himself even more.

Kibum liked it, the way their hands intertwined, it felt like it was made for one another.

They arrived at a park downtown. Jonghyun got out first and ran toward Kibum’s side to opened the door for him, like a gentleman he was. Kibum couldn’t help it but smile and muttered a little thank you, like a diva he was.

The wind blew softly causing Kibum’s hair messed up a little bit. Jonghyun noticed it and give a hand to fix it. “You look fine, now”

Kibum mentally cursed himself for being unable to control his blush.

Jonghyun mentally slapped himself, for being unable to control his smirk.

They went to the nearest inconvenience store nearby and bought ice creams. Jonghyun suggested to go for a walk around the park before the sunset. Kibum agreed.

Walked around the park with Kibum made Jonghyun realize few things. First, despite all his divaness, Kibum was a humble person. Second, Kibum had feline eyes, he realized it when he fixed Kibum’s hair and took a glimpse of the other’s eyes. Third, he was in love.

After walked for a while, they sat down on a bench. Enjoying the orange skies upon them, secretly wishing to the sun for another day like it was.

The sun finally set, and the two boys decided to go for a dinner.

Kibum’s phone went off, it was text from Taemin

To : Kibum Hyung

From : Taeminnie

Hyung, you didn’t cook did you? I’m starving

 

Kibum slapped his forehead, he forgot to cook his little friend dinner. he couldn’t imagine the younger boy went to his kitchen and messing it up. He took a mental note to taught Taemin how to cook next time.

 

To : Taeminnie

From : Kibum Hyung

I’m so sorry baby. I might go home late. You know where my car key is right, go buy yourself a dinner, it’s on me.

Kibum immediately his decision to lend his car to someone who just got their driver license a week before.

To : Kibum Hyung

From : Taeminnie

Assaa~ thanks hyung!

 

Taemin quickly grabbed Kibum’s car key after decided where to eat. Little did he know, the place he chose was going to change everything he was.



 

a/n : woaahhhhhh chapter 10th huh? okay I dont know how many chapter this would be but I need to finished this soon before continue my other ongoing fics huhuuhuh T.T 

by the way, next chapter would be so fluffy....or romantic? idk but hope you'll like it. oh and I forgot about the pic spam, so here we go!

 

Kibum looked like a shy cat and Jjong looked like a brave puppyyy huhuu

something will never change, huh? <333

because Kibum is Jonghyun's sunflower

lol<3

 

anw, comment and subs!