Epilogue

Guardian Angel

Sunlight drifted into Kibum’s dream, refracts into something ticklish and rough. Probably, something that involved grass or sand or both. Kibum turned around and the rough sand transformed into soft linens. The white clouds and blue skies were replaced by the ceiling, not too high but not so close to reach for. Also, a window that showed the whole city as the sunshine came through it. He could still smell the lavender scent, probably from the scented candle that he burnt last night. 5 minutes before his alarm went off, he felt proud of himself. One of those days when he beat the alarm clock.

 

There was this habit that Kibum picked up ever since he started studying in university, drink coffee every single morning. He blamed all the sleepless night caused by the never ending tasks given by his lecturers. But it was mostly because Kibum keep fighting the urge to go back to his hometown and never looked back. Accounting was so not Kibum yet, he had to drown himself into the journals balancing debit and credit and other things in between. The free soul of Kibum wanted something else, something that involves cutting fabric and the soft satin on his skin instead being strangled by the countless numbers, but no, he had an obligation to continue his parent’s heritage as an only child. Hence, like it or not he had to stay.

 

After freshening himself, he grabbed his jacket and sluggishly wrapped it around his shoulder. It was his morning routine, he would grabbed a cup of espresso on the café in the corner of the street and walk back home if he hadn’t have to be in class like that morning. Kibum didn’t really know what brought him to the same street every morning, probably the smell of a fresh bakery or the coffee from the café. He knew from the back of his head, and he swore he could walk to the café blindfolded which the only reason to not doing it because it would be look weird whatsoever.

 

“Hi Kibum!” A man greeted him, he was a son of the café’s owner. up until now it still surprised Kibum how a man with such a small face could have a deep voice.

 

“Hi Minho! I’m going for a coffee..”

 

“Ah, sorry. About that well, we’re going to close for a day. Family’s business” Minho informed

 

“Oh well…” he said trying to sound normal but the disappointment really showing much to his liking. Kibum’s heels spun around before Minho called him back “But Kibum, if you still want a coffee, I know a diner near here. And it is really good”

 

So Kibum walked to the said diner that Minho recommended. The weird thing was the fact that Kibum really take the recommendation seriously. Usually, he would just go home and make his home made coffee, he wouldn’t bother with walk further to some place he didn’t even know. And Kibum himself didn’t know why some new place excited him that much.

 

The diner wasn’t that far from Minho’s café. The building wasn’t that small and wasn’t big either, with red roof and the window glass covered most of it making the inside visible from the outside. Kibum was slightly surprised he hadn’t stop by to the place that rousing. The bell chimed as he open and closed the door signaling a new costumer came. Kibum’s eyes gazed around the diner, nose scrunched realizing this diner wasn’t just as like the ordinary ones he knew. A diner supposed to look like a diner, where people rushed around and even more no piano. It made the diner looked a more like a café.

 

Kibum settled in one of the booth where he could take a good look on the piano. It was a long time since he ran his fingers to the white and black keys. The rushed feeling when it made sounds and turn into a beautiful song. He missed the feeling. His mother personally taught them how to play piano, and he admitted he wasn’t the best player in town but the big black shiny thing was his sweet escape ever since he was a little child.

 

“hi! Ready to order?” A voice snapped Kibum back to reality, he had been zoon out too long apparently.

 

“oh yeah one espresso and pancake please” Kibum said

 

The waitress excused themselves and left Kibum alone again. He beamed at the piano again when all of a sudden a man took a seat in front of the piano.

 

Something about the blond haired, not so tall but with well-built body made his stomach flipped. he didn’t know why but something about the piano guy (he made up the name on his mind) seemed so familiar to him. it was like he already know the guy from many many years before. He tried to remember where he ever seen that guy, and he failed. That guy obviously wasn’t one of his college mate, nor his highschool or old hometown friends because Kibum remember every single friend of him. Kibum was sure he just saw the guy that day, but what was it about him that so familiar to Kibum?

 

The piano guy started playing a soft tune, unconsciously, Kibum hummed along at the song. Surprised, he closed his mouth with his hands. Kibum knew he haven’t listen to the song before and the fact that he hummed along to the song was surprised him. and that was an understatement. Kibum froze at his place when the piano guy stole glances on him. the shining eyes like a pleaded cute puppy eyes, Kibum knew those eyes. Tears rolled down on his cheeks, and Kibum didn’t even know why.

 

After the piano guy finished the song, the whole place applauded him. And Kibum, he was too mesmerized to even proceeded the fact that the song was finished and the piano guy walk straight to him

 

What? No wait what? How- he- i- why-

 

Kibum watched the guy get closer and closer to him. smile never leave his face, and those puppy eyes were glowing and Kibum liked it. Kibum’s heart beat so fast that some point Kibum couldn’t feel it anymore.

 

Is it normal? Is it how it feels when you’re about to die? get a grip Kim Kibum. no don’t go near i-  Kibum thought

 

The piano guy stood in front of Kibum, tears accumulated in his eyes. Kibum stood up and almost threw himself into the man’s embrace. The piano guy smiled at him once again as Kibum looked him at his eyes and he knew what was it about the man that excite him so much to the point his heart was going to burst out

 

“Hey” the piano man greeted “I missed you

 



 

Oh hi! so I decided to write the epilogue, and I pretty much satisfied with this. The whole plot of this epilogue is their "new life", referring to Jonghyun's letter on the last chapter that he would come for Kibum, and so he came....sorta? it is just, I read too much about meeting your loved ones in the next life and everything would come together and it's beautiful so I wanted to write it at least once. This is totally the last one. 

Aaaaannnddd...... they just announced SHINee World Concert III in Jakarta, Indonesia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which means.....I'm going to see them in 2 months!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

 

 

okay so once again, thank you so much for reading this. it means a lot for me :))) 

 

lovelove!