Almost There

❉ Slave of Love ❉

(MINHO)

I tousled my hair in worry as I reviewed the plans once again.

i couldn't believe I was helping slaves go free. Was this who I truly was? Was this the boy beneath the emotionless shield, the one who was righteous and brave?

No, I thought. I was far from brave. I ran away and never properly dealt with my parents at an earlier time, when it could have been stopped. I was the one who chose to put up with that, even though they were the ones abusing me. I ran my hand across my back, the place I was whipped the most. The scars still burned, even to this day. I could feel the scratchy, jagged scars and I winced in pain and memory.

I shook my head. I needed to snap out of it. Tonight was the night. 

I checked the time-9:30pm. We would leave in 6 hours, at 3:30 am.

The day passed by in a blur, each your either seemed to whiz by or drag on, there was no in between.

Around midnight, the guards and I walked around to check all of the slaves, then went to sleep. Only I remained awake.

Then, at 1am, I went to see Yuri. She and the other girls were already ready. 

"Yuri.. You know I can't save all of the girls, right?" I said. 

"I know... But you'll try, right?" she asked, looking at me with pleading eyes. I nodded and kissed her forehead. It was hard to believe that these slaves would finally be able to be free.

" I told each room of slaves that whoever is willing to take the risk could come. Let's review the plan again," I said, and the 8 other girls in Yuri's room came to gather around.

"At 3:20, I will go around to every room with the slave girls. Whoever wants to come can come, but some don't trust me and others aren't willing to risk it. The ones who are brave enough and want it enough will come with me."

"Do you have the keys?" Hyoyeon asked. 

"right here," I replied, dangling the keys lightly so they didn't make a loud noise. "okay, meanwhile Yuri will have the keys to one of the trucks that the workers use. She will meet me and the rest of the girls at 3:30, where we will set off and drive as far as the gas left in the truck can take us. Then, we'll fill up the gas again and keep driving far, far away. You guys know the secret pathway so none of the workers will catch you?"

"Yes, we all memorized it," Sooyoung answered.

"Perfect. Good luck, girls. I hope the best for all of us," I said.

"What about you, Minho?" Yuri asked me. "you're just leaving your father and-"

"He isn't my father!" I snapped, a little too harshly. "sorry... I just... I just... Yeah."

"What are you going to do when you get out?" Yuri repeated.

"Spend a genuine, beautiful life with you, of course," I answered. I heard the other girls "aww"ing but all i focused on was the way Yuri's cheeks turned pink and the way she smiled at me. I couldn't wait to get out.

"Okay... Now we have around 2 hours left. Again, good luck. I'll see you ladies soon..."