The Past is in the Past

❉ Slave of Love ❉

(MINHO)

"Been playing around with some slaves, I see?" The Boss said. I shrugged.

"Do whatever the hell you want with them. As long as they're alive and able to make us money," he said cruelly. I almost got mad. But I knew to keep my emotions inside. I had been feeling... Feelings lately. It wasn't good. I needed to go back to not feeling anything, it was so much easier like that...

I left the Boss' room and went into the slave room Yuri was in. I saw the girls all sitting around, telling stories or something like that. I opened the door and pointed at Yuri, motioning for her to come to me.

The other girls' faces furrowed with worry but Yuri kept a comfident face and walked to me, following me out to a private room, which I locked right away.

"Why'd you lock it?" Yuri asked. "Don't even THINK about pulling anything disgustingly ual."

I shook my head, but took ahold of Yuri's hand, sitting down on the sofa with her. 

"Wh-what are you doing?" She asked, confused. I was confused at myself too. Yuri just made me into a completely different person when I was with her.

"Do you ever wonder why I work here, at this filthy place?" I asked her.

"Um... I guess so," Yuri said. "The money?"

"Nah, the money I earn, my dad just takes. Well, I never considered him as my dad..." I mumbled. She looked even more confused. I sighed deeply and got ready to spill my hurtful story.

"My birth father is the owner of this awful place, everything that goes on here is commanded by him, and everything is his idea. I have no choice, really, to work here. I guess I could run away but he would probably send his men after me or something, not because he wants me back as his son, its because he wants me back as a worker. That man couldn't care less about me," I explained. Then I had a memory of my past, explaining everything to Yuri as I thought about my past.

[Flashback - 4 Years Old]

I didn't remember anything. All I remembered was coldness, confusion and pain. I would sleep everyday a different place during spring and summer, I could sleep outside away from my parents. Winter, I had no choice but to stay in the house. The disgusting house.

The house where every single day, my father would never be because he would be out partying and drinking, and my mother would be making money with her body.

[Flashback - 7 Years Old]

Even when I was seven, I knew that could be an awful thing. I heard my mom scream every night with the random men she took into her bedroom.

I heard my dad in pleasure as he was drunk and murmured about ual desires.

And back then, I actually cared. One time, I tried going into my mother's room because she was screaming so much. I saw a large man ing at an extreme pace and shoving my mother onto her bed. I stared in shock and didnt know what to do.

But the man who was ing my mom knocked me out cold that day, and when I woke up, I saw my own blood covering my face.

[Flashback - 10 years old]

It hurt. Each whip hurt like a . But I stayed still, knowing that if I flinched, there would only be more whips. I knew because it happened everyday. 5 whips in the morning, 10 at night. Even more if my father was wasted or upset for no reason.

Why did he whip me? Why did he love laughing at my tears? I didn't know.

So I became stiffer. And more emotionless.

Because the less I cared, the less it hurt. 

[Flashback - 11 Yeard Old]

i could never be normal.

I could never love.

And by the time I was eleven, I accepted that.

I learned to become emotionless. And the pain gradually faded.

The less you loved, the less you got hurt.

So I promised to never love anyone.

[Current Time]

Yuri had listened carefully to my whole story. I realized she was crying.

"Yuri... I promised to never love anyone but you kinda messed that up for me. I can't help but change when I see you," I confessed.

"I... I think its great that you're learning to love again. And don't worry. The past is in the past. But promise me one thing... Help me and all of the other girls get out of here. Lets at least try. Please?" she asked.

It was a difficult thing to agree to. But looking into her eyes, I found the courage to nod, and I held her in my arms as I let my tears flow out for the first time in more than 10 years. I was feeling again.