The Girls

❉ Slave of Love ❉

(YURI)

I was alone, Minho had left. I continued to cry and cry until it felt like there was just no more water in my body to cry out. 

"Hey? Hey," a feminine voice called out. I looked up and saw a girl with brown, shoulder length to medium length hair and big eyes. "Hi... I'm #209. I'm a slave here too. I see... I see that you got here today?" she asked. I nodded slowly.

"We all went the light the same thing you're through right now. It's hard... It's the most difficult thing in the world. It really is awful, but we went through it. We hope that you can endure and stay strong," another voice said. She was very tall. "I'm #174."

"Numbers? What are your names?" I asked shyly.

"My real name is Yoona... Im Yoona. But I'm just so used to the people here calling me #209," she replied.

"My name... My name..." the second girl who spoke to me said. Her eyes watered up more and she started crying. "I can't remember my real name. I've been here for so long... I don't know how long. but just away from my family and friends, being treated worse than trash."

My heart broke at the sound of her story, but I was also afraid that I would be here for a very long time as well. It could be so long...

"How about... Sooyoung?" I suggested. She looked confused. "We could call you Sooyoung. We don't deserve to be treated like just a number. I think Sooyoung is a gorgeous name that goes along with your gorgeous features," I complimented.

"I was a model before I was dragged here. And thank you. I love that name. What's yours? And what number did they give you?" Sooyoung asked.

"I'm Yuri, and I don't know what my number is. I passed out," I confessed.

"Just check your wrist," Yoona said. My wrist? I shakily lifted my arm and saw, to my horror, that a number was branded in thick black onto my wrist. #238

"N-number 238..." I murmured. "How could they... Put a tattoo of..."

"It really is a heartless place. My own cousin brought me here... I can't believe him," a high pitched voice said. I looked to see who it was and saw someone with lot brown hair and eyes that had lost their sparkle. "I was one of the first to be brought here, and I'm #7," she said. "But I still remember my name. It's one of the only things I remember. Jessica."

"How long have you been here?" I asked.

"I was taken here when I was 15. I don't know the rest," she replied solemnly.

"So.. How many people are in this... Cage?" I questioned. There were other girls, but they weren't speaking up. 

"Nine, including you," Jessica explained. "There's #96, me, #164, #189, #203,  you, #209, #174 and #231. The ones who remember their names or made one are #189 (Sunny), #203 (Tiffany), #209 (Yoona), I guess #174 is Sooyoung now, and because #231 (Seohyun) was brought in recently too, she remembers her name."

"Everyone deserves a name," I declared. "Let's make some new ones for those who don't remember, and we'll introduce ourselves officially after that. #96... I think.... Taeyeon would go well with you? Do you like the name Taeyeon?" She nodded, and I smiled a little.

"And #164, I think the name Hyoyeon really suits you!" Yoona said, brighter than before. Hyoyeon smiled a little as well, and the girls caught on. Pretty soon, we were introducing ourselves.

"I'm Jessica," Jessica said.

"I'm Sunny."

"I'm Tiffany."

"I'm Yoona."

"I'm Sooyoung."

"I'm Yuri," I said.

"I'm Seohyun."

"I'm Hyoyeon," Hyoyeon said. "I'm... Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon. That's a really nice name. Thank your or coming up with it, Yoona."

The last, Taeyeon didn't speak. She opened , but no sound came out.

"Taeyeon is mute," Sunny spoke up. I nodded. 

With the new names in the cage, the feeling seemed to be just a bit brighter than it was before.

We were just a bunch of unclothed, unfortunate, and trapped slaves, but I then knew that the 8 girls there were going to be the 8 girls I would talk to and rely on.

I would need them to endure the pain that was ahead of me.