Yonghwa art school

blind melodies

Seunghyun P.O.V.

"Goodbye umma. I'll call you soon!" "Goodbye son. Take good care of yourself okay?" "Yes umma!" I said, picking up my suitcase and turning towards the large gates. 'Yonghwa art school' they said.

Finally my dream would come true. Finally I was able to go to art school. I never could because of my situation. Here was a special program for people with a situation like mine so I could take up all the lessions I missed.

My acceptance letter had said I had to go to the principal so I was now standing in front of his office. I knocked on the door and I walked in as I got permission to enter.

"Ah, Seunghyun. You have arrived. How are you?" "A bit tired as always, but very exited." "Great! We'll just go over your information once more to see if everything is alright and then you'll get a tour around the campus." "Okay sir."

"So your full name is Choi Seunghyun, you're here for the drawing courses and our special program because you have kidney failures so you have to go to the hospital for a few hours every two days for dialysis."

I affirmed his information and he asked what my place was on the donor list. "I'm number nineteen at the moment." "Okay, here is your scedule and your key. Now it's time for your tour." he said handing over a key and my schedule before getting out of his chair.

I followed him outside and classes were just finished. "Minseok! Can you come over here for a moment?" Another boy of about my age came over and asked what was wrong.

"This is our new student, I want you to show him his dorm and give him a tour." The boy nodded and I introduced myself: "Annyeong-haseo! My name is Choi Seunghyun."

He suddenly looked up at my face as if he didn't expect it to be so high. "My name is Kim Minseok, but everyone calls me Xiumin." He awnsered, not making eyecontact and not taking the hand that I held out to him, which seemed rather rude to me.

"So... What house are you in? It'd be best if we drop your stuff first." I ended up being in the house dinosaur, which surprised Xiumin.

"Dinosaur is normally for people in a wheelchair or with trouble walking because it's close to both the main building, the park and the library, while the sportshall and the field are at the other side of the campus. I think you're the only one in there who can walk properly."

"I think it's because I'm always drained of energy so I don't have to walk so much." "Why are you allways so tired? Do you have insomnia?"

"No, dialysis always wears me out and I have to go really often so I don't have time to recover before I have to go again." "So you're in the program?" "Yeah..."

We reached the dinosaur house and we met a girl in a wheelchair. "Hi Xiumin! Why are you here?" "Hi Yoona! I'm showing your new house mate where he's going to live."

"Hi! I'm Yoona, welcome to the dinosaur house!" She seemed like a nice girl. I introduced myself and she took Xiumin and I to my room and I dropped my bags.

"Is it okay of I take a cup of coffee before we go? I just had dialysis so I'm dead on my feet." I asked, stiffling a yawn.

"Well, a bully got into our house a week ago and put the coffee on the highest shelf. No one in this house can stand by themselves so we can't reach it..." "Seunghyun is tall, he can get it!" Xiumin said exited and after I took down the coffee Yoona made a big pot of it.

"Guys! There's coffee!" She yelled through the house and within seconds two boys raced into the room, asking for coffee.

"Who is the hero that got us coffee?" A boy with pink hair asked and I raised my hand. "You're a saint. Thank you so much! One more day without and I would've died!" The other boy added.

I introduced myself and I found out that they were called Jiyong and Yongbae. Jiyong explained that his lower body had been paralized from birth and Yongbae's left knee was damaged behond healing so he was on crutches.

"Don't you have to take medicines hyung?" Xiumin asked, still not making eyecontact and I chuckled. "Medicines won't help. My kidneys have died off completely."

Suddenly Xiumin grabbed my hand and dragged me out for my tour around the campus.