Chapter 5

Hear Me, Love Me

All day long you were so anxious and frantic that it felt like you were going insane. You lost count how many times you picked up your phone, intent on calling over there to see how Misun was doing. Each time you put it down though. Yongguk was at work by now and Heeyung might take Misun's phone away if she found it.
You wrote down the phone number to social services and despite some reluctance, started looking in to see about full custody. You didn't want to take her away from him but if he wasn't going to listen, you had to protect your daughter some how.
Then your heart sunk when you heard your phone go off. It was the ringtone that Misun had picked out.
"Baby." you said as you quickly answered it.
"Mommy." came a choked reply.
Your heart sped up at the sound of her voice. "Honey. What is it? What's wrong?"
Instead of saying anything, you heard her start crying.
"Misun." you whined, fearing the worse.
"Heeyung... hit me."
The room spun as your body went numb, her words echoing in your mind. Then you took a deep breath. "I'm coming." you told her. "I'm coming to get you right now."
"Okay." she said.
You grabbed your purse and your keys before running out the door. "I'll hurry. I'll be there in a few minutes."

When you got to the apartment, you banged loudly on the door. As soon as Heeyung opened it, you roughly pushed past her and into the living room.
"What are you doing?!" she demanded.
You ignored her and headed for the hallway. "Misun!" you called out as you went to her room.
She peeked out from under her blanket and as soon as she saw it was you, she threw it off and ran to you. "Mommy!"
You quickly picked her up, hugging her tightly. "I'm here." you said soothingly. "Mommy's here."
"What do you think you're doing?" You turned and saw Heeyung glaring at you. "You don't just barge into people's homes."
You glanced back at Misun as you set her down. "Get your stuff." Then you glared at Heeyung. "I'm taking Misun home."
"You can't do that." she sneered. "It's not your week. I'll call the cops."
"Go right ahead." you told her. "That way when they get here I can have you arrested for laying a hand on my daughter."
"She's a rotten brat." Heeyung claimed as she eyed you. "And with you as her mother is no wonder she's a little ."
Your hand flew up and smacked her across the face. She jerked back before staring at you with wide open and a hand on her cheek.
"Was that '' enough for you?" you sarcastically asked. Then you turned and picked Misun up once more before hurrying down the hallway.
Heeyung started yelling something at you but you ignored her as you reached the living room. Then you came to an abrupt halt at the sight of Yongguk.
"What's going on?" he questioned, looking between you and Heeyung.
"She's taking Misun." Heeyung informed him.
He looked at you, anger and hurt in his eyes. "Figures." he grumbled and then reached for Misun.
Before you could say anything, Misun let out a strangled cry and clutched at you.
He stopped and stared at her in shock. "Misun... Baby what.."
"I want mommy!" she proclaimed as she started crying.
His eyes widened even more as his arms fell away. "But... wha..." His gaze moved to you. "What..."
"Do you believe me now?" you asked him as you nodded at Heeyung.
He quickly turned and stared at her like it was his first time seeing her. "What did you do?"
"She wasn't listening.."
"What did you do?" he asked again, louder.
"You can't expect me to take care of her all the time."
"What did you do?!" he yelled.
"She hit Misun." you stated.
He glanced at you for a moment before looking back at her in disbelief. "You... hit her?"
Heeyung crossed her arms defensively. "She.."
"You don't ever lay a hand on her!!" he screamed and then she was yelling at him as well.

As they fought, you turned and hurried out the front door without bothering to close it behind you. You practically jogged to your car in your haste to get away. Even more so when you heard a familiar voice chasing after you. You managed to wretch the back door open and fasten Misun in when he grabbed you.
"Wait! Please!" Yongguk begged.
You slammed the door shut and hit the lock button on your keyring as he turned you to face him.
"Wait, I'm sorry." he earnestly said. "I didn't know."
You pushed him away and glared accusingly at him. "I tried to tell you but you wouldn't listen. You never listen!"
"You're right. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Then he moved closer to the car and peered in through the window as he tried to open the door. "Baby, I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!"
"It doesn't matter anymore." you said.
He straightened real fast and stared at you, fear in his eyes. "Wha..."
"I tried to talk to you but you wouldn't let me. It's because of your stubbornness that Misun got hurt." you stated, your voice steady even as your heart raced.
"No." he uttered. "No. No please..."
You took a deep breath and held his gaze. "If this is what it takes to protect her, then so be it. Tomorrow morning I'm calling social services to come out. Then I'll get full custody and... And no visitation."
Tears quickly started falling from his eyes and a strangled whine escaped him. "No, don't! Please! I'll do anything! Don't take her from me! You can't!"
You turned and unlocked the driver door with the key before opening it. He grabbed you to stop you from entering your vehicle and you had to roughly push him away, smacking at his arms and ignoring his desperate pleas. When you managed to slip in, you quickly closed and locked on the door. You started the car and the engine helped partially drown out his voice, but you still heard him calling out for his daughter.
You put the car in reverse and slowly creeped out of the parking stall so you wouldn't hurt him. Then when you noticed he had moved back, you sped up and quickly drove away. A glance in the rearview mirror and you saw him crouched on the ground with his head in his hands, looking defeated.