Chapter 9

Eli X Reader - That new popular guy

You spent the entire day just walking around Old Montreal, varying the places and the poses, spamming the heck out of that shutter button, filling your 8GB SD card and getting another one out before spamming again. You knew it would be a pain in the to choose which ones to keep after that, because he looked hot no matter what happened, but you knew you could at least delete the technically bad ones. Photos that were not properly focused, photos that had motion blur, photos that had unexpected problems in it such as a fly in the middle of the frame, you knew you would have no problem deleting those. The problem would be choosing which ones to keep when that would be done…

 

“Want to take a break?” Eli asked you in the middle of the afternoon.

 

You were so busy and happy to have a model that you hadn’t noticed the time. You weren’t even hungry…

 

“I don’t know. Why, you’re tired?”

“No, not really. I was just asking. You’re usually hungry around this time of the day, so I was wondering…”

How the heck did he notice…? “Oh, well, nah, I’m okay. Plus, I don’t have a model everyday, so I’m using this time wisely. Despite the fact that it’s you…”

 

Despite the fact that it was him, and that he was making you want to punch him really really really hard in the face because he was such a hot retarded dude.

 

“I see,” he replied softly. “Let’s keep on shooting then?”

“Yep.”

“Okay. Will you let me go change first though? So we can try another style.”

“Sure. You can go in that restaurant’s toilets, I think…”

“Yeah. I’ll go do that. Be right back.”

 

You watched him as he left. He had kept the same style since the morning, so you were pretty curious to see what he would get now… You took that time to look through your photos a bit, deleting the ones you didn’t like the composition of, deleting the ones that were blurred, too. That 3 inches screen was good enough to see if you had moved or if the focus hadn’t been perfectly reached when you zoomed in on the photo, so it would at least be something.

 

He came out before you were done viewing the ones on that new 8GB SD card you had put in your camera, but it was definitely worth it. Instead of having his long jacket on with the ‘cool dude’ style, he had a pretty and new-looking zipped hoodie that molded his body perfectly, showing his pectoral muscles and his strong waist, and seemingly straining to contain the muscles of his arms. He hadn’t changed pants, though, because his jeans were perfect with this hoodie too, but he had added a loose scarf that just added to the ‘chilling out’ style. He had also put on a belt he definitely didn’t have earlier, and, well, he overall looked perfect.

 

As usual, you reluctantly thought.

 

“So, think you can make me look hot like this?” he chuckled.

“Nah. Dongho would probably be hotter than you with those clothes on.”

“What, you think the baby maknae is hotter than me?”

“Yeah, he looks deliciously badass with the Man Man Ha Ni hair.”

“I can look badass too,” he pouted.

“You’re too chub to look badass.”

 

He pouted some more, and you chuckled. What a bunch of lies. He was hot. He was definitely hot. You didn’t even need to try, yourself, as a photographer. He was so perfect of a model you had nothing to do. Well, Dongho did look hot, especially when you were looking at photos of him in this 2013 September weather that still felt like summer to you, but Eli… Eli was… how to say that… Eli was a god amongst humans when it came to hotness. There was nothing else to say about him.

 

You helped him being a good model this time, though, because he was used to act as the cool guy, so he now had to be the chilling guy who was just taking it easy like Sunday morning, despite the fact that this was Saturday afternoon. Oh well.

 

You bit your lower lip when a girl suddenly started screaming and ran towards Eli. She was obviously a fangirl – just how many U-KISS pins did she have on her bag? – and she asked him for an autograph before asking him if it would bother him to dance a little, because she had never had the chance to see a U-KISS show. Well, you hadn’t had that chance either, but it wasn’t like it would change anything to your life. You didn’t have the money to buy a ticket anyway.

 

Eli chuckled, hearing the request, and he thought about it a little before he accepted. You wondered what he would dance though… and it seemed like he wondered, too.

 

“What do you want me to dance?” he asked the fangirl.

“What about… if I put a song, can you dance to it?”

“Oh… well, sure, why not.”

 

You mentally prayed to kpop gods that she would not put on the song you thought – were certain – she would put on.

 

And she sure did put that song. Of course she would. You facepalmed when Eli started dancing, the lyrics of the song being too familiar to you.

 

Hageshiku kimi wo najitte mitari utagattari
Kakehiki de shika erenai Tiny proof ni kachiwanai

Senobi e hajimatta kankei datta kedo
Toushindai de yatto omoeru To you
Ima mo KISU dake ga kawaranai mama de (You feel it?)
I, My, Me, Mine subete
Kakete egaku ai no Sign
Sono hitomi no oku ni hamari komu to nukedasenai
Tadaima ni oborete hanashi takunai kono mama (kono mama) kimi wo daite nemuru

This is Forbidden Love

 

You still took pictures though, mentally your lips and drooling. Those… ing… hips… Okay, yeah, he was kind of awkward when dancing this and when having those hip s, but it was still pretty ing tasty-looking. Sure, you knew guys who seemingly knew how to use that part of their body in a more efficient way, but it was still waking up your hormones. You bit your lower lip while taking photos, and wished for it to end soon.

 

, you didn’t want it to end soon. Or to end at all, actually. It was just too good to watch…

 

But it did end, and the fangirl thanked Eli by bowing deeply in front of him before she ran off, happy-looking, a hundred times more girly than you and your camera bag and dark jeans and black tank top and chains and spiky belt…

 

Oh well, you didn’t want to look girly. It was part of your pride to be able to look different from everyone else. People your age were usually just interested in drinking and going out in bars and being stupid drunk s, and there you were, having a lot more fun taking photos of a worldwide known – well, kinda – idol. Okay, yeah, people from all over the world knew him, even if there were only one or two dozens of people per country who actually knew who he was, but still. You called that worldwide.

 

You wondered, for a moment, if the guy in Chinatown at that kpop store would actually recognize Eli. But you weren’t curious enough to check that, and anyway you didn’t want to embarrass the guy, since he wasn’t selling anything, or almost anything, about U-KISS, but had tons of books and albums and stickers and cards of very popular bands like Super Junior. You had been there once, curious, and you had only seen one book that was a fanmade – or, well, not official, whatever if a fan had made it or not – compilation of U-KISS photos. It was just a cheap-looking book with badly printed images, it seemed, so you had just left the place.

 

“Now that was embarrassing…” Eli said softly, walking back to you, chuckling, a bit shy-looking. “I’m not used to, well… I… I don’t really dance Forbidden Love… especially not in the middle of a place where nobody knows who I am…”

“Especially not since you seem pretty awkward with your hips.”

 

Couldn’t resist. It was too easy.

 

“Oh… well…”

 

He blushed, looking away. “Yeah… I’m not very good with that…”

 

You laughed a little. “It’s fine. Let’s just keep on shooting. But you’ll need to go back to a normal color before anything.”

 

He sighed. “Yeah. Just give me a minute.”