Chapter 2

Eli X Reader - That new popular guy

“Have you done any sketch?” he asked you softly the next week once you were in class after the theory.

“Nope, because we’re supposed to first meet whoever we’re doing this for.”

“But we can’t really meet them…”

“I know. But we should at least have a phone conversation with them.”

“ I can get us that with Skype… but you don’t speak Korean do you?”

“I speak French. And English.”

“I guess I’ll do the talking then.”

 

You left the room and went in a calmer place where nobody would bother you. He got his laptop and selected the contact. A voice you knew for hearing it in songs, interviews and TV shows came out of the laptop.

 

“Hello?” Park Jungsu, more commonly known as Leeteuk, spoke softly in Korean.

 

Trou-D’Cul replied to him in the same language and the two of them started talking before your partner turned to face you, activating the facecam since Leeteuk had done the same.

 

“What do you want to ask him?”

 

You showed him the list of questions you were supposed to ask, but he looked at you with a ‘are you kidding me’ kind of face.

 

“I hope you know that I’m not good at French.”

“Then why did you even come to a French Cégep?!”

“Because it was a great challenge for me. I ask people in class to explain the theory to me usually when I don’t understand.”

 

You sighed.

 

“Okay, fine.”

 

You translated the questions for him, and he translated them in Korean so Leeteuk could answer them. Why he was the one briefing you was a mystery. Wouldn’t it be more logical if one of the bosses did? Oh well, as long as Leeteuk didn’t say random stuff…

 

Your partner started writing things in Korean on a sheet of paper, asking precisions, receiving them, writing them down. You felt completely useless in this conversation, so you got up.

 

“I’m going to the restroom,” you sighed before walking away.

“Sure, but hurry, okay? I’ll need you to translate a few more questions.”

“Yeah, yeah.”

 

You did hurry, and when you came back it seemed like they were both waiting for you. You sat next to Trou-D’Cul again and took the question sheet.

 

“Was I too long?”

“No, we just finished that part.”
“Okay then.”

 

You kept on reading and translating the questions, only noticing after an hour or so that Trou-D’Cul wasn’t as bad as you thought he was. He was being serious while working, and he was clearly not as arrogant as the rumors depicted him to be. He was even a bit innocent, blushing like crazy as soon as Leeteuk was making what seemed to be dirty jokes.

 

You should probably have started fangirling over Leeteuk now that you thought about it. But it didn’t seem real. It all seemed like a dream. Because you know, how could you have been lucky enough to get to make Super Junior’s logo? Not a chance.

 

“Hey, you. Are you listening to me?” Trou-D’Cul asked, shaking you softly.

“Eh?”

“Okay, you were not. I asked you if you think we have any other question for Leeteuk-sunbaenim.”

“Wait… sunbaenim? Isn’t that…”

“When someone’s older than you in the same profession? Pretty much, yeah.”

“So the rumors…”

“Don’t mind the rumors, okay? So? Think we have anything else to ask him? It’s like eleven at night for him.”

 

Right…

 

“No, we don’t. Let him sleep.”

“Okay.”

 

He wished good night to Leeteuk and you used the little Korean vocabulary you had to try and do that too.

 

“Annyeonghi jumuseyo, Leeteuk-oppa,” you said hesitantly.

 

The wide, adorable smile you knew so well for seeing it on many pictures appeared, along with his characteristic dimple.

 

“You too, miina,” he said softly with a very heavy accent before he closed the conversation.

 

You decided not to think about the ‘miina’ part too much, and took a look at Trou-D’Cul’s sheet covered in hangeul.

 

“So… errh… anything useful in that?”

“Yeah,” he said softly before he started to translate everything in English.

“Positionnement…” you read in French. “What do we say about that?”

“That’s the part about what makes them different right?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, they’re a band with a LOT of members. And they do many styles.”

“So that’s what we’ll need to show in the logo.”

“Yep.”

 

You went back to class and started working on the first part of the project, which was analyzing the contract. You had to write who was your client, what was special about it, etc. You also had to conceive a pretty layout for the document. Seeing how they were Super Junior, well, you could easily find pictures of them to put them there.

 

You had a slight problem though when it came to showing the previous logo so that you could analyze it.

 

“They didn’t have a logo…” Trou-D’Cul mumbled.

“I know.”

“What do we do?”

“We put all of them and criticize all of them?”

“You’re crazy. That would take hours. Because we’ll need to put the Super Show logos, and the logos on their albums, and the logos of random stuff, and the logos on official merchandise, and-”

“Well it’s that, or we don’t put anything and we lose points.”

“Can’t we just put the last one they used? The one on Hero.”

“Speaking of the last one they used… isn’t Leeteuk supposed to be in the army? Because he’s not in Hero…”

“He is, but I asked S.M. to get us a good representative.”

“So what? Don’t tell me S.M. can control the army.”

“Maybe not the army, but someone who works for them?”

“He’s in the army, idiot. He’s not an idol right now.”

“I don’t know how they did, okay?”

 

He was starting to get pumped, and you too, because you liked having Super Junior as a client, but you were definitely not agreeing with the fact that you had no idea how Trou-D’Cul had managed to get you this contract. You got up.

 

“Not okay! You get us a contract with a freakin’ kpop band that’s internationally known, you make us speak to Park Jungsu when he’s clearly supposed to be in the army, and you’re expecting me to just go along with it and shut up?!”

 

He got up too, towering you and actually scaring you a little. The teacher wasn’t in the class and it seemed like everyone else had used that occasion to escape the room and go home or something. Trou-D’Cul was free to do whatever he wanted to you since nobody would know and nobody would witness…

 

His dark eyes plunged into yours, analyzing you to the deepest parts of your soul. You walked back, swallowing with difficulty. His voice was a threatening growl.

 

“Whatever you were implying, it’s not true. I got us this contract. I tried being nice to you despite your ing character. I tried telling myself that you would eventually warm up and stop being a . But you keep making me feel like I’m an . What the is your problem?”

 

Each word was an arrow deep into your heart. You were a bit surprised; you didn’t think you would mind his words that much. But he had hurt you, and you were too proud to let it go. You took your very heavy pencil case and threw it at his face. At this distance, you couldn’t have missed. You hit him right on the piercing on his left eyebrow, making him growl a bit in pain.

 

“You’re just a ing douchebag, espèce de trou de cul! Va te faire enculer pis laisse-moi tranquille, face!”

 

Of course he hadn’t understood the French parts. But that didn’t matter. He was probably smart enough to understand that you had insulted him in the most convenient language depending on what you wanted to say.

 

You turned away with the intention of leaving this class, but his hand suddenly grabbed your arm, strong enough to make you wince in pain.

 

“Let me go!”

“No,” he growled, his eyes dark and scary.

“Let me go or I’ll scream!”

“I won’t let you.”

 

You opened your mouth with the clear intention to make your threat get real, but before you could emit a single sound, he grabbed you hard, pulled you against him, and suddenly his mouth was on yours, muffling your scream and blocking your thoughts in a corner of your head. You instinctively closed your eyes.

 

A little voice in your head was laughing.

 

You were right to think he had kissable lips.