Chapter 3

Eli X Reader - That new popular guy

As soon as you processed what was happening, you pushed him away, slapping and clawing him in the process. You managed to free yourself as he back off, protecting his face from your nails with his arms.

 

“WHAT THE DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!”

 

He moved back, just far enough so you couldn’t reach him if you tried attacking him, and wiped off the blood that was slowly starting to flow from the line you had traced on the right side of his face with your nails. You were a weird person who liked to shape your nails as claws. And, for once, that shape had been useful. You probably couldn’t have pushed him away that much if you had had normal nails. Still, he smirked, ignoring the pain.

 

“I’m kissing you.”

“Who the do you think you are?! You don’t go and kiss someone like that!”

“I go and kiss whoever I want.”

“No you don’t, you !”

“Whoever I want that I love.”

 

You stayed silent for a second before you got your pencil case back and threw him at him again. He didn’t even try to dodge and received it in the face, the zipper getting stuck on his piercing a little and actually almost tearing it off his face. He winced in pain again, but didn’t move other than that.

 

“That actually hurt…”

 

You hissed at him before you gathered your things, going past him to get your pencil case, not even looking at him. But your claws were ready to dig into his flesh if he dared step towards you. You took your own laptop with you, put everything in your backpack and left the room with your lunchbox. You had another class later that day, but you didn’t give a flying . The teacher of that other class would have to accept the fact that you hated his class almost as much as the logos, signs and symbols class. The only difference was that the teacher for that class was horribly incompetent. Wait, no, that didn’t make a difference, that made them the exact same. Incompetent, boring and s. Pretty much like your partner.

 

You looked back, just to make sure he wasn’t following you. He wasn’t. Good. You went back home, eating your lunch, and hid in your room, not wanting to come out. He had kissed you. It was finally kicking in for real.

 

That had stolen your first kiss.

 

**********************************

You came out of your room the day after to go to school. Unfortunately, he would be in your multimedia class that day. But this time you were prepared. You had carefully sharpened your claws the night before, so you were ready to welcome him with more future scars if he dared try to kiss you again. Luckily for him, he didn’t try any of that. Instead, he stayed far from you, looking at you from afar, his dark eyes full of sadness. It was surprising, actually. You didn’t think it affected him that much. You thought he was just being a playful , but… it seemed like he was really sad that you had pushed him away like that…

 

But tsk. Oh well. You didn’t care about him. You would be forced to work with him, but other than that…

 

“Hey,” someone in your class suddenly whispered to you.

“Quoi,” you replied, known for not being very sociable.

“T’écoutes du kpop right?”

“Ouain, pourquoi?”

“Tu connais ce groupe-là?” she asked while showing you a picture.

“Non, pourquoi?”

“À ce qu’il paraît, un de leurs membres est dans notre école!”

 

You rolled your eyes. She was just basically telling you that one of the members of a kpop band was in your school. Yeah, right. Like you’d believe that. You didn’t care, and you decided to tell her that right now so she wouldn’t bother you with trivial things like that again.

 

“M’en fous.”

“Mais…”

“Je m’en calice.”

 

You went back to your animation in silence. You left class early though, since you hated working in the middle of a class full of people being stupidly annoyingly loud. But, before you could go three steps out of the class, a large hand touched your shoulder softly. You broke free violently, recognizing Trou-D’Cul’s touch. You kept your claws in his sight so he would understand that you were not kidding. Of course it would only hurt him a little, but that little pain was often enough so that people would stop bothering you.

 

“What the do you want,” you growled at him.

“Talk to you,” he said in a soft voice.

“I have nothing to talk to you about.”

“Please. Wait.”

“I’m not waiting, I’m going home.”

“Please? I’ll treat you to lunch.”

“I don’t care, I have lunch at home.”

“Senzuru.”

 

You froze. Senzuru was your favorite sushi restaurant. And it wasn’t too far. It was a little bit expensive, especially when you weren’t too hungry, since it was an all-you-can-eat restaurant…

 

“Okay.”

 

He smiled a little.

 

“Let’s go, then.”

 

You cursed yourself for being buyable with food, but followed him at a distance, not wanting to go anywhere near him. You had noticed the scratches on his face due to your self-defense of the day before, but you didn’t feel bad about them. He deserved them. Tsk.

 

You took the metro together to go to the restaurant, and you sat with a sigh of relief once you were inside. You your lips looking at the menu, and felt your stomach requesting attention. You stared at Eli before ordering anything.

“Swear on your head that you’re paying.”

“I swear on my head, my piercings, my laptop, my career… whatever you want, I’ll be paying for the sushi.”

“Good,” you said softly, satisfied, before you chose what you wanted to eat.

 

You stayed silent for a while after you ordered, looking at your iPod until he coughed softly. You ignored him, and he coughed some more. You ignored him again until he coughed one last time. You looked at him with annoyed eyes.

 

“Are you sick? If you are, please stay away from me.”

 

He rolled his eyes.

 

“I’m not sick. I’m trying to get your attention.”

“Saying someone’s name isn’t that hard.”

“I don’t even know your name.”

“I don’t know yours either. I personally call your Trou-D’Cul.”

 

His knowledge of French was high enough to let him know you were basically calling him an . He sighed.

 

“You can’t forgive me, right?”

“I called you that even before you ing kissed me.”

“Why do you hate me so much?”

“Well I have new reasons now.”

“But before?”

“I told you. I could practically write a whole 10 minutes monologue about my hatred towards you.”

“Do it.”

“Eh?”

“I want to know why you hate me so much.”

“er, you kissed me.”

“But you hated me before that. I want to know all of the reasons why so I can correct what I can correct.”

“You can’t correct your birth.”

 

He stayed silent, his eyes filling with sadness, and you thought that maybe you had been a little too harsh there.

 

“You can’t correct your birth, you can’t correct the fact that you came here, you can’t correct your existence itself. You can’t correct your presence in our school. My life was perfectly fine before you arrived. The girls were annoying, but they didn’t make the floor slippery by drooling over you.”

“I’m sorry for being myself.”

“I don’t care about your apologies. I don’t want to see you. You invaded every class, worsened the boring ones and turned the good ones into Hell.”

 

His eyes were so sad. But he was popular, annoying arrogant, and he had dared steal your first kiss. And you were a very unforgiving person. If there were a flaw of yours you had no choice but to admit, it was this one. You had once had a very small conflict with a friend you had had for years. She was a bit less unforgiving as you, and that was probably the only reason why you had started talking to each other again. Because you were determined not to speak to her again, and you wouldn’t have spoken to her again if she hadn’t said hi on Skype after a month and a half. You were pretty stubborn too, so that probably didn’t help your flaw. All of this to say that you didn’t plan on forgiving anytime soon. You were the kind of person who never forgets. Too proud and independent to forgive people if they didn’t apologize first.

 

And he had not apologized for having kissed you. He had also not apologized for insulting you, though you perfectly knew about your horrible personality. He had done actions, said words that were almost apologies. But you wanted him to say it. To say he was sorry. Directly. But not now. You wouldn’t forgive him now. It was too soon. He sighed.

 

“Listen. If you hate me, I can’t help it. But don’t let it affect our work for LSS. You don’t want to fail and it’s the same for me. So…”

 

He kept on talking, but you weren’t listening anymore. So this was all for LSS? It wasn’t a question of having kissed you or not? It wasn’t a question of you hating him? It was just a question of failing this ing class or not? You felt your mood go dangerously down.

 

“… are you listening to me?”

 

You glared at him.

 

“I’m not. Because you’re a er, an arrogant er who thinks it’s right to kiss people for no ing reason.”

“But-”

“No but. I gave you your chance. Yesterday I thought for a second that you might be a good guy. But you turned out to be an . An who tries to stay mysterious but just ends up being ing suspicious.”

“U-KISS.”

“Eh?”

 

He stared at you, his eyes dark and sad.

 

“When you arrive home, search that. U-KISS. ‘U’ as in the letter. The rest as what I did to you yesterday.”

“Why would I do that?”

“Just do it. And tomorrow, tell me what you found about it.”

“What good will it do me to do whatever you might say?”

“It will give you answers.”

 

There he was, trying to be mysterious again. It only made him annoying. And yet, at the same time… you were curious. Answers, eh?

 

“You can search on Twitter too if you’d like,” he added softly.

 

You frowned, but didn’t say anything else. You ate in silence until you felt like you’d burst, and you went home after letting him pay. You opened your laptop once you were there and searched quickly. First on Google, then on Twitter. The first one gave you info about a kpop band. Okay yeah sure…

 

The second gave you @ukisskorea as the first result, simply named U-KISS on top of it, but the second result caught you attention more. The icon picture was clearly showing someone you knew. The username was @u_kisseli, and the name was Eli Kim. You clicked on the link. The latest post was a photo of Trou-D’Cul, with the scratches clearly visible.

 

im sry 4 being a jerk, pls forgive me 4 not telling u i wanted to keep this a secret for longer, hope u enjoyed the sushi & sry again

 

You kept on going. The post before was another photo of him with the scratches definitely more freshly made than on the other picture.

 

u probably wont read this, but im sry

 

The other one had clearly been posted right after you had left, since the wounds were freshly made and he was still in the class.

 

kissmes pls dont hate that person i was a stupid jerk… shouldnt have done that, if u read, im sry

 

The comments were clearly hating whoever had hurt that guy, which meant, you. He had so many followers… U-KISS… Eli Kim… You facepalmed. How slower could you be?

 

That guy you hated so much, Eli Kim, was one of the members of a popular kpop band.