Old "Friend"

the GazettE - One Shots

Walking down the street, Takanori and Akira talked about their last concert, smiling and laughing about their great time. “The excited expressions of our fans were the best”, Akira grinned and looked ahead. “Yea, but the whole atmosphere was..”, the singer didn’t end his sentence and just kept on smiling. “I know what you mean”, Akira sighed and pulled a cigarette out of his pocket, lighting it. “It was amazing”

 

They kept on walking in silence, until Akira saw his favorite coffee shop in the distance. “Hey Takanori, how about we go there?”, he asked as he pointed to the small shop but before the singer could reply, he gasped in surprise as he bumped into someone. The woman in which he ran into fell to the ground, dropping the books she was holding. “Ah, gomen nasai!”, Takanori said quickly and helped her stand up. While they both picked up the fallen books, Akira watched them in amusement.

 

“I’m really sorry”, Takanori said again and gave her the books back. “Thank you”, the woman took the books and looked up, froze immediately. Her eyes got wide and so did Takanori’s.

 

You”, they said at the same time, staring at each other. Akira looked at them confused. What was going on? Passers gave them confused and annoyed looks as they walked by, why were they standing in the middle of the sidewalk?

 

“You didn’t change at all”, the woman smiled slightly but her eyes sparkled in amusement. “But you did”, Takanori said and smiled back at her. “Huh? In which way?”, the woman let out a laugh and put the books Takanori gave her back on top of the others. “Not telling you”, she let out a sigh but still smiled. “You really are still the same”

 

Akira still watched them, the cigarette in his hand was forgotten. “Do you know each other?”, he asked stupidly. “Oh, how rude of me. I’m ___ ___. Takanori and I went to the same High School”, she said and bowed slightly.

 

Back in High School, both of them were enemies, always teasing or playing pranks at each other. They even argued over the smallest things and it never seemed to have an end, but then they graduated, both going their own ways. But both of them didn’t expect to meet again in the crowed streets of Tokyo.

 

“Ah! My name is Akira Suzuki. Takanori talked about you a lot”, he grinned and bowed also. The singer stared at him angrily but ___ just laughed. “He did? Let me guess, he talked about our little fights?”, Akira nodded and grinned. “Yes, I never laughed this much”, ___ chuckled quietly and looked at her watch. “Oh no, I really have to go!”, she took out a piece of paper and a pen out of her pocket and scribble something down on it, handing it to Takanori. “You should call me sometime, so that we can talk about the old times”, she grinned with sparkling eyes. As Takanori took the piece of paper, he immediately looked at it and saw that she wrote down her number. “Sayonara”, she bowed at both of them and hurried down the street.

 

“That was ___ ___?”, Akira asked as they continued to walk to the coffee shop. Takanori could only nod. “She is pretty”, Takanori looked at his friend with a disapproving look which he (luckily) didn’t notice.

 

 

After Takanori and Akira bought their coffee, they went to the PS Company building, making their way to the practise room. Yutaka and Yuu were already there. Yutaka was sitting on a chair near the window and smoking a cigarette while Yuu played something on his guitar. “Ohayou gozaimasu”, Yutaka grinned as he saw them enter the room. “Ohayou”, they said back, set down their coffee cups and removed their jackets.

 

“We met someone interessting today”, Akira grinned and sat down next to Yuu after he grabbed his coffee. “Akira, don’t-”, Kouyou entered the room and smiled brightly. “Ohayou gozaimasu”, he removed his jacket and took his guitar. “Morning Kouyou. Where was I?.. Ah yes”, Akiar grinned at Takanori evily. “Spit it out Akira”, Yutaka laughed and puffed out the smoke of his cigarette. “As we were on our way to buy some coffee, Takanori bumped into ___ ___”, the bassist grinned and took a sip of his coffee. While the guys ‘ooh’ed and laughed, Takanori growled a “Thanks a lot”, in Akira’s direction.

 

“___ ___? The cheeky girl you talked about before?”, Yuu laughed and set his guitar aside. “Yes”, Takanori sighed and walked to the window, leaning against the wall next to it. He took a cigarette out of his pocket and lighted it, not noticing that a piece of paper slipped out. Yutaka picked it up and laughed loud. “Guys, he got her phone number!”, now they got even louder as Takanori just lowered his head in annoyance. 

 

A/N: Please tell me, should I make another part to this? Because requested is a fanfiction (more chapters I think?) but I'm not surec: Thank you~