the guys next door

the (not so) great trip /Rewriting/

Kyungsoo P.O.V.

Liquid fire running through my veins. That was all I felt. A burning heat all throughout my body. I needed for it to stop. Dying would be better than this.

As the pain burned even hotter I gave up all hope of this stopping and I let my life slip through my fingers. The pain was numbed by the feeling of my slowing hearbeat. The darkness slowly started to envelop me and I let myself sink into it.

Just before the darkness surrounded me competely I heard a familiar voice: "Come on Kyung hyung, you can do this! I know you can!"

It was Kai. My dear Jongin. I couldn't leave him behind, it would break him. I had to live, for him.

I felt my heartbeat becomming stronger as the darkness faded, taking the burning pain with it.

I heard unfamiliar voices, but I couldn't hear what they were saying. There was a hand holding my wrist but it left as soon as I slowly opened my eyes.

I was in a small, dark room. The walls were made of concrete except for the one on my left, which consisted of steel bars through which I could see five guys of around my age, though most of them were probably a little older.

"Hi Kyungsoo! I'm Seungri!" The boy closest to the bars said cheery. He had short, black hair which was shaved on the sides and he looked Korean, like the other guys, except for his eyes that were bright purple and seemed to look straight into your soul.

Then something clicked in my mind. How did he know my name?! "I can read minds and when I touch people, I can look into their soul. I saw your name in there."

"Y-you looked into my soul?" Why did he do that? "Sorry. I had to. I could hear you giving up on life and I couldn't let you die. I looked into your soul and I saw your boyfriend so I pulled up a memory of him. I didn't see anything else, don't worry."

I felt reliefed, he only used his power to save me.

"I think we have to introduce ourselves. I'm Youngbae!" Said a guy with a mowhawk wearing a black leather outfit covered in straps.

"I'm Daesung, nice to meet you!" Said the guy in the back who's blond hair covered one of his eyes. He was shirtless exept for a few black straps across his chest.

"Hi Kyungsoo, my name is Jiyong!" said the guy with red hair. At last was a guy with a long black trenchcoat and a big hat who introduced himself as Seunghyun.

"What is this place?" I asked. "It's some kind of scientific institute that mutates people and performs tests on them. You and your friends were injected with something that mutates you according to your DNA." Seunghyun said.

When I asked how he knew he told me he was a cyborg and that the computers weren't secured very well.

The others told me their powers. Apparently Jiyong was part dragon so he had control over fire. Youngbae had sun-energy inside him and he was able to create small balls of light that radiated warmth like miniature suns. Daesung was part beast and could transform into a sort of wild version of himself.

"I wonder what your power is. I hope it can help us escape..." Seungri wondered. He seemed too young to be locked up. The bags underneath his eyes reminded me of Tao and I hoped I could help.

I closed my eyes and tried to move some sort of power to my hands. "Try reaching inside of yourself." I heard Seungri inside of my head. In my heart I could see a glowing ball, my power.

I guided it to the world around me and I could feel the walls around me. I could feel every little pebble and the vast amount of earth underneath me.

I tried to move the pebbles and they danced around the ground, listening to my every command like parts of my own body. I gave the wall a soft push and huge cracks appeared on it's surface.

"Ready to leave this place?" I asked the five boys in the other cell and they nodded exitedly.

I let the back walls of our cells explode outwards and we ran towards our freedom.

I felt a line of footsteps in the loose soil. They were made by someone very lightfooted, almost like a deer. I knew only one person who could have made them and I motioned for my friends to follow me and we ran towards my temporairy home.