Chapter 7

I'm Sorry

D.O POV

A week later,

“Yah-hyung, give me my phone back!” I yelled at Kyungjoo hyung who snatched my phone away from me. Kyunghoo hyung was helping him because Kyunghoo hyung was holding my hand firmly and I won’t get away from his strong grip anytime soon.

“You had enough time with your phone. Now, it’s time to rest.” Kyunghoo hyung said with his stern voice. I gulped at his fierce expression but I’m not giving in that easily.

“Hyung, give me the phone.” I yelled again as Kyungjoo hyung stucked his tongue out at me. “Hyung!”

“Enough!!” Both of us looked at Kyunghoo hyung who stared at both of us. “If you two don’t stop this instant, I’ll ban the usage of any phone, tab or laptop for you, Kyungsoo. Is that clear?”

“But, why me?” I pouted at him. “It’s not fair.”

“You’re the one who’s sick. And I don’t care if it’s fair or not because that’s the way it runs here. I’m your hyung and you will follow my words.” Kyunghoo hyung replied. I opened my mouth to protest but when the door opened, I stopped. A couple of husband and wife with two guys entered the room.

“I’m sorry, but is this Do Kyung Soo room?” The woman asked properly.

“Yes, it is.” Kyunghoo hyung stood and bowed at them. “Why?”

“I want to talk to him about something. Can I?” She asked properly.

“Please, help yourself.” My brother gestured at the chair where he sat a moment ago as he walked to Kyungjoo hyung who was still standing beside my bed. The woman along with his family walked towards me and the woman sat on the chair. I don’t know why but my heart clenched when I looked into the woman’s eyes.

“I heard you have a new heart.” She started but her eyes already had a pool of tear.

“Yes.” I answered slowly.

“It used to belong to my daughter.” I saw her tears escaped her eyes and her husband hugged her to calm her down. I don’t know why but I felt like I’m going to cry. Pain strucked my heart like thousands of needles. My tears dripped down my cheeks without me realizing. I put my hand on my chest and feel my heartbeat. The strange feeling makes me want to cry upon seeing the pain in the woman eyes.

“What’s her name?” I asked slowly.

“Shin Hye Rim.” One of her brothers answered. “She’s one of your fans and she adores you, very much.”

“I promise I will take care of her heart forever.” I finally said to them.

“Can I hear her heartbeat?” Her mother hesitated to ask but I don’t know why; I nodded almost immediately. It’s like having another instinct that I don’t understand, building in me. Her mother put her ear on my chest but I don’t felt embarrassed, instead, I felt very calm and at peace. I closed my eyes and hugged the woman as my instinct told so. I can tell that the woman was shocked at my sudden action because she winced at first.

“I’m sorry but I guess this new heart influenced me.” I chuckled after I released her from my hug. I noticed that my brothers stared at me with unbelievable expression. “What?!” I snapped at them.

“I think we should go now. Thank you for letting me hear your heartbeat.” The woman said to us. I bowed slightly at her and her family. Before they stepped out the room, I said something that I didn’t even though I would.

“If you miss her, you are welcome to see me.” They stopped and stared at me for a moment. At last, they nodded with a smile on their faces.

“Thank you.” They closed the door behind them. I looked at my brothers who once again stared at me. “What’s wrong with you guys today?!”

“Hyung, I don’t think our brother is the same anymore.” Kyungjoo hyung elbowed Kyunghoo hyung who nodded immediately.

“Yah-hyung!!” I snapped at them as both of them laughed at me.

A month later,

I was in our dressing room with my friends and I was very happy because this will be the first showcase after I underwent the surgery. I remembered when I pleaded my parents to allow me join this showcase a week ago. Luckily, I used a strong reason to make them agreed with my request; the dance will be ruined without a member and it may take time for them to adjust everything. And apparently they allowed me after thinking for a while.

“D.O-yah, somebody wants to meet you outside?” Chanyeol hyung said to me as I played with my phone.

“Okay, thank you.” I stood and walked out the room. My parents and my brothers were waiting for me outside the room with bags in their hand. I walked to them and greeted them with my happy face. “Hello. You bring something to me?”

“No, these are from your fans. They still send presents to our home and it’s a lot of them.” Kyungjoo hyung brought the bags to me as I took the bag from his hand.

“I’m sorry. After this, they won’t send anything to the house because my news of coming back to the EXO dorm is already out. So, don’t worry.” I smiled at them as I put the bag aside.

“But now I know how popular my son is.” My father ruffled my hair causing me to jerk backward.

“Dad, my stylist will be mad if she sees my hair like this.” I fixed my hair as my family laughed at me. Then, I saw some peoples walked to us and I smiled when I recognized them.

“Mommy?!” The word escaped my mouth with my realization. I put my hand on my mouth as I closed my eyes and regretted my action immediately. When I opened my eyes, I saw all of them stared at me causing me to blushed more as my face heated up more. “I don’t know why I said that.” I stuttered.

“It’s okay. I feel like my daughter is still with us because she’s the only one who used that word on me.” Hyerim’s mother stated with a small smile. “You can call me that if you want. But, I won’t force you.”

“I will, mommy.” I answered after a few moments. “All of you are my family too now because your daughter’s heart is in my body.” I put my hand on my chest and lowered my head with a smile.

“Anyway, we come here to see your performance because I want to know why my daughter loved you so much.” Hyerim’s father said with a bright smile.

“We came here for that too, little prince. So, make sure you do your best.” Kyungjoo hyung winked at me causing me to chuckled and nodded at him.

“D.O-yah, our stylist wants to check our appearance for the last time before the performance. So, please come in.” Suho hyung peeked through the door. When he noticed my hair, “What happen to your hair?”

“Something.” I smirked at him before I bowed to my family and went inside the room. “Wait for our performance.”

On the stage,

“Please welcome EXO!!” The MC shouted as the song started and EXO K walked to the stage to perform MAMA, our debut song.

When my parts came, I smiled all the time because I saw my family watched me from their seat at the front row. Apparently, my brothers shouted my name when I sang my part. After the first part, EXO M entered the stage as we got off the stage. (Like their performance at the Golden Disk Award in Malaysia) Our second song is History using the same concept as MAMA but EXO M will start first. After History, Baekhyun and I performed What Is Love. Our showcase continued with Wolf, XOXO (EXO K), Peter Pan (EXO M), Baby Don’t Cry (EXO K), Lucky (EXO M) and Growl.

“You are amazing, little Kyungsoo.” Both of my brothers ruffled my hair. “Now you can’t stop us because your showcase is over.”

“Whatever.” I rolled my eyes at them as I continued to wipe my sweat using the tissue.

 

 

THE END~~