Chapter 5

I'm Sorry

Kyungjoo POV

“Mom, I’m going home first. I want to change into something casual because I had worn this uniform since the morning.” I told my mom who sat on the chair next to Kyungsoo’s bed. Kyungsoo still hasn’t waked up after he fainted at the festival. The doctor said that he was too tired and him expose to the sun worsen his condition. My mother didn’t answer but she nodded slowly as an agreement.

I walked to the door and opened it. I took a glance at my little brother before I closed the door behind me. I was shocked when I saw the members of EXO were still there waiting for my brother. They looked at me when I got out of the room but they didn’t say a word.

“You should go back to your house and have some rest.” I said to them as they looked at me.

“But we want to be with Kyungsoo when he wake up.” The leader said slowly.

“I know you guys are worried about him but you need rest too. You can come again tomorrow and take care of him. I promise I’ll call you if anything should happen to him. I have Kyungsoo’s phone with me, so don’t worry.” I told them. They nodded in agreement and bowed at me before they walked away. I smiled and followed them out the hospital. I went to my car and drove my car to the house.

“Where have you been?” My father greeted me as I entered the house. Apparently, he and Kyunghoo hyung were at the living room; watching the television.

“Kyungsoo is in the hospital right now. I hope you can visit him.” I replied. My father stood and turned around to face me.

“That is what he gets for being an insolence son. Serves him right.” He chuckled. “What a weak person. He just fainted and he can have special treatment at some famous hospital.” I stared at my dad with anger boiling in me.

“He’s dying. And you’re insulting him like this. I can’t believe I had a father who is so foolish. I’m not proud to be your son; not anymore.” I shouted at him causing him to freeze and stared at me. “You were wrong all this time. He is never an insolence son; he didn’t join the Navy because he can’t. I didn’t know what he did to deserve this. He had some heart problem causing him to not be qualified to be a member of Navy.” My tears dripped down my cheeks again. Kyunghoo hyung was shocked when he heard the news as he stood and turned around to us.

“He knew about his heart condition before he joined the audition at SM Entertainment but he never told anybody about it, including me. After he officially became a trainee at SM Entertainment, I found his health profile inside his drawer. That was when I knew about his real reason for not joining the Navy.” My voice cracked due to my crying but I don’t care, they must know the truth now or they will never regret. “Even after I knew about his illness, he still didn’t show his pain and smiles all the time. I’m proud at him for being the strongest person that I ever met in my life. He’s in great pain all this time but he never told anybody about it. He rather smile through his pain than sharing it with others.”

“You better meet him now or you’ll never have the chance to see him again. He is in a chronic state. If he can’t get a heart transplant anytime soon, we’ll never have a chance to see his smile again.” I looked to the both of them who already had pools of tears in their eyes. “Make the right choice.” That was my last word to them before I walked to my room upstairs. After I took a short shower and wore a new set of clothes, I went back to the hospital. Before I left the house, I saw neither of them at the living room anymore but I didn’t waste my time searching for them because Kyungsoo was my top priority right now.