Chapter 6

I'm Sorry

Kyungjoo POV

The door opened and Dr. Taehyung entered the room with a smile.

“We have a replacement for his heart. We’ll begin his surgery in an hour.” He delivered the good news. I stood almost immediately from my seat.

“Really?” I asked him and he nodded as the answer. He smiled at me before he walked out of the room. I sat on the chair and looked at Kyungsoo who seemed at peace in his unconscious state.

“Don’t worry, Kyungsoo-ah. We already have a new heart for you; I promise you I’ll take care of you until you become healthy again. So, you better not give up or I’ll kill you myself in our next life.” I threaten him. “We’ll be waiting for you.”

When the surgery took place, I waited at the waiting room with my mother and all the members of EXO. We waited patiently because we knew Kyungsoo is strong and he can handle everything in his way. But, it didn’t destroy the worries building in us.

To my surprised, my father and Kyunghoo hyung entered the waiting room. They walked towards us as I stood from my seat. My mother just stared at them and didn’t greet them at all because she didn’t have any strength due to her worries.

“How is Kyungsoo?” My father asked.

“He’s undergoing the surgery right now. He’ll be out soon. It’s been 4 hours since they started.” I answered slowly. I took a stepped forward and hugged my dad. “Thank you, dad.” I whispered as I cried on his shoulder.

The door opened and Dr. Taehyung walked out of the room. All of us gathered around him automatically.

“How is he?” My father asked him with a concerned voice.

“I’m sorry; the new heart didn’t function properly. We lost him.” Dr. Taehyung said slowly as he lowered his head. I took a peek through the door as I gulped and tears escaped my eyes.

“No, you must be joking.” My father pushed Dr. Taehyung aside as he wanted to enter the room. But, some of the members of EXO stopped my father from entering. His tears dripped continuously as he cried. “No! No! It can’t be!” He muttered to himself but loud enough for us to hear. “Kyungsoo-ah, you better wake up or I’ll never forgive you.” He shouted his lung out before he went limp into one of the EXO members arm, crying.

“Doctor, his heart is beating. His vital is functioning again.” A nurse shouted from the room causing Dr. Taehyung to run into the room. I unconciously smiled to myself.

“You’re back.” I whispered.

The next morning,

“He is very lucky that the heart decided to work again. It’s magical that he can survive all this. You guys must treat him well this time because the god gave him a second chance.” Dr. Taehyung told us after he checked Kyungsoo once again after Kyungsoo was transferred back into his room. All of us gathered in the room including EXO and the doctor couldn’t really stop us because if he did that, his eyes may suffer when he goes home later. Besides, the room was large enough for all of us to fit in and maybe more.

“We will never waste this second chance. He’s our little prince, after all.” My father smiled to the doctor before he left the room. He sat on the chair next to Kyungsoo and stared at Kyungsoo’s face which he hasn’t see for some time. I knew he missed Kyungsoo very much because he loved Kyungsoo since his birth. Kyungsoo was always his favorite.

Kyungsoo decided to wake up the next morning. All of us were still in our dreams when I heard a small groan. I opened my eyes slowly and saw his fingers starting to move. I was so happy that I shouted for the doctor. Some of the others jerked because of my shout.

“Hyung, shut up. I’m tired.” I heard him whispered through the ventilator. I can hear the whispers because I was quite close with his face. But, he closed his eyes again just before the doctor entered the room.

“He’s fine. It’s normal for him to faint again because he is still tired. But, don’t worry , he’ll be up anytime soon.” Dr. Taehyung explained to us.

In the evening,

Kyungsoo opened his eyes slowly and blinked a few times before he could register everything. All of us staring at him. Yes, all of us including EXO except for my parents who had some urgent meeting right now. We surrounded his bed and stared at his face.

“Hello, sleeping beauty.” I greeted him. He looked at me before he whispered.

“Take it off.” He managed to whisper. I chuckled at his cuteness. Instead of greeting us, he wanted the ventilator to be taken off.

“Yes, little prince. Let me call the nurse first.”

D.O POV

“Finally, I can talk properly. That thing is irritating.” I told them but they kept on staring at me.

“Is there something on my face?” I touched my face.

“You didn’t seem sick at all. You look like you just woke up from a normal sleep rather than someone who underwent surgery yesterday.” Kyungjoo hyung narrowed his eyes at me. I chuckled at him.

“Whatever, I want to sleep.” I settled my head on the pillow and closed my eyes. “And stop staring at me.” I heard footsteps leaving my bed and I smiled to myself. “And I want real food when I wake up. Hospital food are .”

“Well, you’re really not sick anymore, huh?” I heard Kyungjoo hyung chuckled before I drifted to my peaceful sleep.

 

 

Is it the end??? Want to know whose heart is it???? Or should I leave it like this??? Decide!!