Chapter 2

I'm Sorry

D.O POV

 

“Hyung, how are you doing?” I asked Kyungjoo hyung through the phone.

 

“I’m fine, little brother. What about you?”

 

“You have Dr. Taehyung to tell you about my condition and you asked me?” I chuckled at him.

 

“You better answer me or I’ll tell dad about your condition.” He threatens me.

 

“I’m good. You better keep your promise, hyung.”

 

“But, why? Why didn’t you tell them the truth so they won’t hate you anymore?”

 

“I’m not ready yet.” I gulped. “How was mom?”

 

“Oh ya, that’s the thing. Next week, the Navy are going to hold a festival called ‘Safe Sea, Happy Korea’ and mom’s the planner for the whole festival.”

 

“So?”

 

“We want to invite EXO to perform during the festival.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Yah, don’t ask too many question. The main thing is, you’re going to perform. We already called the SM Entertainment director.” He scolded me.

 

“Whatever, hyung. I need to go, bye.” I told him.

 

“Okay. Take care.” He ended the call.

 

During lunch time,

 

“Guys, the director told me that you’re going to have a performance at the ‘Safe Sea, Happy Korea’ festival at the end of next week.” Our manager told us during the lunch.

 

“Really?” Suho hyung confirmed.

 

“Yes, Suho. You can ask D.O here. His mother is the one who planned everything.” I chocked on my food. I grabbed a glass of water and drank it immediately.

 

“Why didn’t you tell us ealier?” Suho hyung asked me.

 

“My brother just told me today. How can I tell you earlier?” I rolled my eyes and continued eating my meal.

 

At the festival,

 

“So hyung, where is the stage by the way?” I asked my brother, Kyungjoo hyung who walked with me, visiting the festival area. My other friends left us alone for our talk.

 

“At the end of this way. Just beside the port.” He pointed to the port which was located in front of us.

 

“Wow, quite large. Unfortunately, it’s under the sun. And the opening ceremony starts at 11 o’clock. Are you going to fry some people?” I frowned at the stage and the seats in front of the stage. All the seats were under the roof except for the stage. “Anyway, who’s the special guest?”

 

“You guys.” Kyungjoo hyung smiled brightly. I rolled my eyes at him and I punched his shoulder playfully.

 

“That’s not what I meant.” I continued to punch his shoulder as he laughed at me.

 

“Yah, stop it. If I punch you, you’ll be a dead body immediately.” He chuckled.

 

“In your dreams. I know you won’t hit me, because you love me too much.” I stucked my tongue at him before I walked pass him.

 

“Fine, all the Navy officers will be here because there will be some speeches.” My brother walked by my side again. “Including our dad.”

 

I stopped walking and gulped. My heart beats faster than usual and I knew it wasn’t a good sign at all.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah, are you okay? Why are you so pale?” My brother asked me as I gasped for air. My legs weaken causing me to drop into my brother arms.

 

“I need my pills.” I whispered slowly. “Our waiting room.”

 

“Alright.” He helped me to walk to our waiting room which was inside the hotel in front of the port.

 

We arrived at the dressing room which was empty. Kyungjoo hyung put me down on the sofa as he took the bag with my name on it. He searched the bag for my medicine and fortunately, he found it. He took the mineral water from my bag and opened the cap. He took the 2 pills from the bottle and gave me the pills. I closed my eyes and leaned on the sofa.

 

It took a few minutes for the medicine to do its role. I took a deep breath before I opened my eyes because I know my brother was staring at me. And I was right. I sighed as I straighten my body and face him.

 

“I thought that you said you’re getting better. This is not ‘better’ at all.” He said with a cold voice.

 

“I’m sorry, hyung. I just don’t want you to worry about me. I don’t want burden anyone.” I lowered my head as I heard he sighed.

 

“Not if it’s about you, my baby Kyungsoo. It’s because you are my one and only little brother. And nobody can take it from me, bear that in mind.” He pulled me into a hug.