Chapter 4

I'm Sorry

D.O’s hyung (Kyungjoo) POV

Finally, after a while of waiting for the events to end, the MC announced, “For our last performance, please welcome EXO. Young and talented boys with their comeback song, Growl.” Loud cheers came from behind us whom I suspected was from the girls since many young girls came to this festival. This was the first time that the festival was so crowded with young girls, a.k.a students; because of EXO.

I looked to my brother and my dad who sat next to me. Well, they were both very uninterested because they hate everything about entertainment after the incident with Kyungsoo. I looked to the stage immediately as the song started. There were 6 of them on the stage but Kyungsoo was not one of them. So, I looked to the left of the stage and there he was; standing and totally enjoying the rhythm of the energetic song. My older brother, Kyunghoo seemed to be attracted to the song because his eyes were glued to their dance.

“They’re good, aren’t they?” I elbowed my brother.

“Not bad, nice dance.” He praised EXO as I chuckled slowly. The best part is yet to come.

Then, the other 6 walked up the stage and not long after, it’s Kyungsoo part. I looked to my brother and my dad; they were frowning. I struggled with myself not to laugh at their expression. Kyungsoo seemed to notice that we were at the front row as he looked at us when he sang his part. Even when he pointed, he pointed straight at me with a playful winked. My dad’s and my brother’s eyes were glued to Kyungsoo as their eyes followed him everywhere he went. This time I really can’t control myself as I chuckled softly. When Kyungsoo shouted, I smirked and winked at him as he looked at me. Apparently, he noticed that as he smiled back at me. The song ended before my eyes as I focused on my dad and my brother funny expression. The girls behind us once again cheers and clapped very loudly after their song ended.

“They were good, aren’t they?” I asked my brother causing him to look away from Kyungsoo who was currently leaving the stage. My brother turned to me and glared at me.

“This is all your plan, isn’t it?” I smirked at him before got up and leave my seat. I walked to the EXO who were currently still beside the stage. I walked straight to my little brother who was standing there, panting.

“Hey, Kyungsoo-ah.” I patted his shoulder causing him to look at me. What I didn’t expect was that he dropped into my arms; unconscious. “Kyungsoo-ah?!” I shook his body but I didn’t receive any respond from him. “Hey, guys. Lend me some help here.” I called the other members as they talked happily among themselves.

“What’s wrong? Oh my god, D.O-ah?” The EXO members rushed to us one by one.

“I’m bringing him to the hospital.” I took Kyungsoo in bridal style because he totally helpless. Kyungsoo is heavy but I can handle him easily without any help. “Can you please tell Mrs. Do about Kyungsoo condition?” They nodded immediately.

I took Kyungsoo to my car that was parked beside the hotel. I stopped when I bumped into my dad but I just ignore him and continued to walk with Kyungsoo in my arm.

At the hospital,

“You’re telling me that he was fine all this time and now, you said he need a heart transplant as soon as possible?!” I practically yelled at the Dr. Taehyung who was in charge of checking Kyungsoo’s condition.

“I’m sorry, Kyungjoo. This is your brother’s wish and I couldn’t say no.” He lowered his head.

“But, you shouldn’t have lied to me. You knew that he doesn’t have much time, but you still kept it as a secret when I asked about him. He’s my little brother; he doesn’t have anyone else by his side except for me and my mother.” I can’t control my tears anymore as my tears dripped down slowly. My legs weaken and I dropped to the hard and cold floor.

“Kyungjoo-ah, what’s happen to Kyungsoo?” My mother ran to me with the members of EXO. I stood with Dr. Taehyung’s help and walked to the nearby bench and I sat on it. My mother sat next to me with a concern face. I took no other action and hugged my mother while crying my heart out.

“Your son needs a heart transplant as soon as possible. If we cannot get him a suitable heart for him, I’m afraid he will not be able to stay with us for long.” Dr. Taehyun closed his eyes after he explained Kyungoo condition to the others. My mother frowned at the doctor as the others gasped of the sudden news.

“Kyungsoo needs heart transplant? But, he’s not sick.” My mother looked at the doctor as tears escaped her eyes.

“He is sick. He didn’t tell anybody about it because he didn’t want to look weak in front of others. That is why he became a singer instead of joining the Navy and continues with our family legacy.” I told them.

“But, why?! Why him?!” My mother punched me as her tears kept on dripping. I hugged her as she sobbed on my shoulder.