The start of my journey

The Red Dragon

 

"Son... Do you really want to do this?" My father asked me.

My father looked very concerned. It broke my heart to see him like that. But I knew that he would be very proud if I found the dragon and brought its head home. I would do anything that could make my father proud. He is the most important person in my life.

My mother died when my little brother Kai was born. The fortuneteller had told my mother to kill the child, but my mother was 6 months pregnant. My father wanted to kill the child, but my mother couldn't do that. My father told us that she was in so much pain. She insi sted and didn't want to kill the child. She said that the baby was a human and she didn’t want to kill a human and never her own child. When Kai was born my mother died a few minutes later.  My father was or still is the most powerful wizard. He tried everything to make her live again but nothing worked. My father loved my mother so much that he had gone insane for 2 months. I can't remember my mother's face. I don't know how she was like. I have only seen portraits of her. She looks very beautiful. She has the warmest smile in every portrait. My father had told us that she was the most beautiful woman on earth. I really wish I could meet her once. My father put himself together after 2 months. He tried to be everything to us a mother, an uncle, a friend and a powerful teacher. We only have him and he has only us.     

"Father I will not disappoint you" I said to him. Inside I was really nervous. It was only me who could do this. "Okay son I believe in you" he agreed finally. 

"What did you guys talk about so long and alone." Kris asked curiously.  All my brother looked at me too. I have 11 brothers. We are very popular in the village. My brothers look very handsome. They all have 11 different charms. In the village we are known for exo. I’m not quite sure but it has to do with a planet which is very far away, a term referring to planets outside of the Solar System.

"I am going to travel for while. It would be good to know more about the world and what is going on,” I said to them. They don't know about the secret of the red dragon. My father doesn’t want to tell them that so that they don't get involved in this. He only said it to me. My father is not a good talker and he is a very silent man. He can only talk with me without to be the powerful wizard but just a good friend.  "Let me come with you" Suho said. What should I say to that? What excuse should I make? I can't just say no.

"No it was Chanyeol's dream to do that, so he should do it alone" my father said to him. I was really thankful.  The maid had packed me some food and other necessary things I would need. All my brothers’ eyes were on me. All of them looked concerned and some of them were a little envy of me. I took my horse that is my best buddy. I have named him Jungchil. I really like my horse. He is fastest horse. He also knows my mind. Even though I don't call him he comes when he sees me. 

"Take good care my son. Use every sense and weapon if you get in danger. I know that you won't come back empty handed" he gave me a clap on my shoulder. I tried to smile.   I really hope that I don't come empty handed home. I gave everybody a hug, even the maids. I got on my horse and went on to start my adventure. 

I was still in the wood when it got dark. I found a place to start fire and to sleep.   Many things got on my mind. How does the dragon look like in person? Will it take me years to find her because I don't even know how she looks like? It would be very difficult to find her. But I need to find this person. I can't go back empty handed. That would make me a coward. *Yawns* ash I need to sleep now. 

I wake up from the sound of a girl screaming. The sound comes from far away. I look around but I can't see anything. I pack my things and get on my horse. I ride a for while and nothing happens. It could be that it was just my imagination. So I just ride north like my father told me to do.

After a while I  see a girl with white dress straight forward a little far away. I can only see her back. I can't see her face. She is holding her right arm very thigh. It looks like she has hurt her right hand. She struggles to go on. I quietly jump of the horse. She stops to take a break, so do I stop. She goes on again. I follow her quietly. It doesn't look like she knows I follow her. Then suddenly she falls backwards and I try to hold her. She falls right in my arms. Wow her face. She is very beautiful. Her skin is porcelain white. Her hair is light brown. Her lips are red. She is very warm. I gently touch her forehead to see if she has fever. It is like she is burning. I take a look at her wound. It looks very deep. She must have bleed a lot because she looks so pale.  I find a lake to get water. I wash her wound. I take some my of herb medicine and applies on her arm. I wrap some of my shirt and cover her hand with it. I gently wash her face. I have seen many girls in my village but I have never seen such a beautiful girl before. She looks very peaceful with eyes closed. She looks almost like an angel with the white long dress.