Chapter 2 - Arranged Marriage

He's Gone

Donghae’s POV

                I don’t know what to feel. I felt anger, sadness, and betrayal. My mom knows how I don’t want my life to be planned for me. She knows that very well so I don’t know why she agreed to this arranged marriage.

                She knows I’m in love with someone, with Hyukjae. I don’t get why she agreed but I can’t say anything. I was too stunned to react.

                I was about to say anything when she stopped me saying, “Before you react, baby, I want you to listen to me.” She might’ve noticed the look on my face.

                I nodded. I know my mother won’t do anything to hurt me or my feelings so I listened to her.

                “You know very well that I won’t agree to anything that will hurt you, right?” I nodded.

                “Okay. Let me tell you why I agreed to this arranged marriage. I know that you love someone. And that someone is Lee Hyukjae, the heir of Lee Corporation, right?” I nodded again.

                “I agreed to this because this agreement is from Lee Corporation.”

                Okay. Let me process that ... The agreement is from Lee Corporation. Hyukjae is the heir of Lee Corporation. Does it mean that I will be married to Hyukjae if I agreed to this arranged marriage? Oh crap! Did I just say my thoughts out loud?

                “Yes, darling. I was about to decline but when I saw who the spouse will be, I quickly accepted knowing that this is the chance you’ve been waiting for.” I stared at her.

                “But mom, shouldn’t we consider Hyukjae’s opinion first? What if he doesn’t like the idea of arranged marriages?”

                Knowing Hyukjae, I feel like he’ll oppose this.

                “We’ll talk about it with him soon. I just wanted to let you know first. It’s not yet the final decision. Don’t worry.” She hugged me then left the room.

                Left alone, I started to think about the pros and cons of this arrangement.

                I love Hyukjae. There’s no denying that. This arrangement is one hundred percent in favour of me but I don’t like to ignore the idea of Hyukjae hating me because of this. If I can have him, I want it to be on his own free will not like this. It’s like he’s being forced to be with me.

                Thinking about it all night, I made my decision. I will respect Hyukjae’s decision. It doesn’t matter if I lose my chance with him. What matters most are his feelings.

Hyukjae’s POV

                I just got home from school and I’m very tired. I drowned myself in dancing to forget everything. I don’t want to think about anything for now. I just want to relax my mind and myself.

                It’s still early for dinner so I thought of taking a nap for a while.

                Lying down on my bed, I plugged my earphones and started listening to some classical music letting myself be lulled to sleep.

                I know I’m too young for classical music and it doesn’t suit my generation but hey, we’re free to listen to whatever we want, right?

                Sleep was slowly coming to me when someone suddenly barged into my room. I jerked, sitting up on my bed and glared at the intruder.

                “What do you want?” I asked the intruder coldly.

                “Hyukjae, there’s something I have to tell you.” My mother calmly answered as she walked near me.

                “Speak so I can get some rest.” I know I’m rude but I can’t help it. They never had time for me. It’s just normal if I let myself go further from them.

                “Your father set you up on an arranged marriage.” She answered straight to the point. I was shocked. I never expected my father to enter me into something like this. I thought he just wanted me to inherit the company. It never crossed my mind that once you inherit the company, you need a good wife to support you. Financially, that is.

                But that’s what I don’t get. Why need a financial support when we can carry it alone? I mean, aren’t we rich enough to carry everything on our own? These, I will never understand.

                “You never really have much of a choice, though. I don’t think your father will let you have a say in this.” My mother spoke again, seeing that I won’t speak or react sooner.

                I just sighed and said, “You said what you have to say. Now, leave.”

                Once she was out my room, I lied back down and thought of everything.

                Who will be my wife? Is she richer than us? Is she more powerful than my father? What will she get from this arranged marriage? Will she kill me after some of the properties have been transferred to her name?

                I can’t think of anything positive. Everything that runs inside my mind is negative. Maybe, I have always been this pessimistic. I just don’t realize it.

                I laughed at myself. There’s nothing positive in your life. Of course you have always been pessimistic.

                I can’t help but pity myself and think of how pathetic my life has been and always will be.

 


Hey, guys! How's this chapter? Let me know what you think. :3 Hihi.