Chapter 6 – The Confession

He's Gone

Donghae’s POV

                I woke up feeling refreshed and calm. I looked at the clock and saw that it was just 6am. Hyukjae won’t wake up until 7am and will leave for work at 8am.

                Work at the office starts at 8am but Hyukjae goes to work at 9am so the employees will have enough time to prepare for the day at the office. He doesn’t want to enter the office with the employees scramming here and there. He wants them organized when he comes so he comes in late.

                I started to prepare for the day. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I cooked breakfast for the two of us and went to see if Hyukjae’s awake already.

                When I entered Hyukjae’s room, I saw his bed already made and I heard the shower running. I prepared his suit for today and tidied up his room a little bit.

                I knocked on the bathroom door after tidying up some of his things.

                “Hyukkie, I already prepared your suit. It’s on the bed. Come to the dining room after fixing yourself. Breakfast’s ready.”

                “Okay, Hae. I’ll be out in a bit.” He called after me.

                I left his room and went to the dining room. I sat on the chair and thought about my plan.

                Should I tell him before he goes to work or after work when he gets home? But what if he goes out partying again tonight? He’ll be tipsy when he gets home and I won’t get to talk to him seriously. Sigh. What should I do? When should I tell him?

                I was so busy talking to myself, I didn’t notice Hyukjae entering the room.

                I was brought back to reality when I heard the chair being pulled and Hyukjae sitting already.

                “What are you thinking about so deeply?” He asked me.

                “Nothing. Let’s eat?” I smiled at him and diverted his attention to the food.

                “Okay. If you say so. By the way, the food looks delicious, Hae. It smells delicious too! Hmm~”

                I blushed at his remark and started eating.

                I started to think about my confession again.

                Okay. I’ll just tell him when he gets home after work.

                “Hyuk, will you come home straight from work?” I asked.

                “Why? Is there something going on later?” He asked back.

                “None. It’s just that I have something to talk to you about.”

                “Okay, then.” He answered then continued eating.

                After breakfast, I sent Hyuk to the door and bid him goodbye.

                “Don’t forget to come home after work, okay? It’s something important.” I reminded him.

                “Don’t worry, Hae. I won’t forget. What’s so important anyway? Can’t you just tell it now?” He stubbornly asked.

                “Nope~ I’ll tell it to you later. Come home early if you want to know.” I stuck my tongue out at him childishly. “Goodbye now, Hyukjae. Drive safely!”

                I pushed him out the door and waved goodbye.

                “Fine.” He sulked. “Bye, Hae! See you later.”

                ‘Bye, Hyukkie. I love you.’ I whispered to myself.

                I closed the door and lied down the couch.

                I better prepare for tonight. Tonight should be perfect. I don’t care if he accepts or rejects me. What matters is that I let him know about my feelings. I won’t ask for more. Just him acknowledging what I feel is enough.

                You can do this, Donghae. Fighting!

Third Person POV

                Donghae then went to the supermarket to buy everything he needs for the dinner. He decided to cook Hyukjae's favorite food. He also bought a strawberry cake for dessert. Everything he prepared is Hyukjae's favorite.

                This dinner is for Hyukjae, he thought.

                The day passed and as the time for Hyukjae's arrival grew closer, Donghae became more nervous. He still hasn't planned on what he's going to say.

                He was sitting on the sofa when he heard the door click open.

Donghae's POV

                I stood up as I heard the door click open.

                "Hyuk, you're home! Rest for a while then go wash yourself. Let's eat after you've finished washing."

                "Ugh, Hae. Today's so tiring." Hyukjae whined as he sat beside me and rested his head on my shoulder.

                I looked at him and saw him close his eyes. I admired his face for a little bit then patted his cheek. "Come now, Hyukkie. Get up and wash up so we can eat already. I know you're tired so hurry up. You can continue resting after dinner."

                He opened his eyes and looked straight into my eyes. I averted my gaze and blushed. I don't know why he looks at me like that. I like it but, I don't know. It stirs something inside me and it feels good.

                "Hae, what are you thinking about? You're zoning out again." I heard him say.

                I quickly composed myself. "Nothing! I just remembered that I have to heat up the food first. I'll prepare the food and the table, okay? Come to the dining after you've done washing up."

                "Okay. I'll be quick." He kissed my cheek then ran into his bedroom.

                I hurriedly went to the kitchen and calmed myself down. I heat up our dinner and prepare the table.

                A few minutes later, Hyukjae came in and we started to eat.

                I ate quietly because I didn’t know how to start. I bet Hyukjae noticed when he started to get my attention.

                “Hae, I remember you telling me this morning that you have something to say.” He started.

                . What do I do? What do I say? How should I start this? Sigh. Let’s just get it over with.

                “Uhm ... It’s ... How do I say this?” I started talking to myself.

                Hyukjae placed his hand above mine and started caressing the back of my hand.

                “Don’t be nervous. You know you can tell me anything.” He smiled.

                I smiled back and took a deep breath. Here we go.

                “Hyuk ... I ... I hope nothing will change between us after I tell you this.” I honestly told him my worry.

                “I promise. Nothing will change.” He assured me.

                “Okay, then. Here goes. I ... I’ve always been in love with you.” I whispered. “Ever since I saw you at school, I liked you. I didn’t tell you because I’m afraid. What if you reject me? But I’m taking the risk right now because I can’t keep it inside anymore. This overflowing feeling is too much; it’s starting to feel heavy. I’m not telling you this because I want you to return my feelings. I just wanted to get it out of me in order to lessen the weight I feel inside. And something inside me just makes me want you to know.”

                There. I said it. I finally said it. I closed my eyes and waited for his answer.


Yeay~ Updated! :3 How's it, gais?

Sorry for the sudden change in POV. I just don't find it suitable in Donghae's POV. 

Comment and let me know your opinion