Chapter 5 – Married Life

He's Gone

Third Person POV

                Ever since they got married, Donghae always sees to it that he takes care of Hyukjae very well. He makes sure that he is always giving Hyukjae everything he likes and wants.

                Hyukjae still doesn’t have a clue about Donghae’s feelings. He thinks that everything Donghae is doing is how Donghae normally acts around friends.

                Months after their wedding, Hyukjae became an out-going person. He frequently goes clubbing after work and goes home tipsy. He doesn’t let himself get drunk because he knows how troublesome it is for Donghae to take care of a drunken person.

                Hyukjae also s around but never brings girls at home and Donghae knows that. He respects their house.

                Hyukjae became like an open book to Donghae during their times together.

                Donghae, however, became a gloomy person whenever he’s alone, the happy and positive Donghae gone. But whenever he’s around his friends and other people, the Donghae everyone knows comes back.

                He doesn’t want his friends to know what he’s going through and he doesn’t tell his friends about Hyukjae’s activities after work though he doesn’t know that Sungmin and Heechul know about it because of Kyuhyun and Hangeng.

                Sungmin and Heechul are worried about Donghae but they don’t want Donghae to know because knowing Donghae, he won’t want them worried about him.

Donghae’s POV

                Hyukjae just texted me saying he’s out again tonight. I guess I’ll eat dinner alone again.

                Sigh.

                Hyukjae rarely comes home for dinner nowadays. He usually goes clubbing straight from work. I feel sad knowing I’d be eating alone again tonight but what can I do? I can’t stop him from clubbing and playing around because that’s the only thing he can let his frustrations out.

                Hyukjae’s been stressed about work ever since we graduated. His father’s expectations on him are big and he doesn’t want to disappoint him that’s why he’s become workaholic. I always tell him to take it easy but he says that taking it easy will bring him down and will lead him to failure. That’s why I just let him be.

                I decided to wait for him after eating dinner.

                I lied on the sofa and turned the TV on, looking for anything that I can watch.

                At around midnight, I was getting sleepy, my eyes drooping, when I heard the front door opened. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Looking at the doorway, I saw Hyukjae stumbling, walking to the living room.

                I quickly got up and helped him sit on the sofa.

                “Hyukkie, are you okay? Are you drunk or just tipsy? Wait here. I’ll get you water”

                I dashed to the kitchen and got him a glass of ice cold water.

                “Here, drink this.”

                “Thanks, Hae.” He smiled at me and drank the water.

                He closed his eyes and laid his head back on the backrest of the sofa.

                I ran my fingers through his hair and massaged his scalp. I remember how he always says that me doing this is relaxing to him.

                “Hae, I’m sorry for going home like this. I always give you trouble in taking care of me.” he said, eyes still closed.

                “You know it’s nothing, Hyukkie. That’s what friends are for, ne?” Saying this makes my heart hurt. I want us to be more than friends but I don’t think that’s possible.

                “You better rest now. If you stay up for too long you’ll get worse hang over when you wake up in the morning. You still have to go to work and you can’t go with a serious hang over. Palli~ palli~ go to your room now.” I said helping him get up and walk towards his room.

                I helped him change his clothes and laid him down on the bed.

                “Goodnight, Hyukkie. Sleep well.” I kissed him on the cheek.

                “Goodnight, Hae. Thank you and sorry again.” He smiled at me then closed his eyes.

                I waited until I’m sure he’s asleep before going to my room.

                I lied on my bed and thought about my feelings.

                Should I tell already tell him about it or should I still keep it?

                I’m afraid he won’t take it lightly knowing that we’ve been living together for lots of months already and I’m just telling him now.

                What if he decides to break our friendship because of my feelings?

                What if he hates me because of this?

                But I don’t want to keep it any longer.

                What should I do?

                Heol~ Maybe I’ll think about this thoroughly. I can’t just go and tell him that I love him. I might scare him. Maybe I’ll do it slowly, like give him hints.

                That’s right! I’ll just do it like that.

                Smiling to myself, I fell asleep.


OMG. I just realized that it's been almost a month since I last updated. :( I'm very sorry for the late update. I got distracted since the start of the sem but don't worry. I'll try to update constantly from now on.

Updated chapter 5 though chapter 6's not completed yet.

BTW, guys, is it fine if the next chapters will be shorter than the first chapters or you want it as long as the first chapters? Short chapters mean fast updates and long chapters mean updates will be a little slow.

Please comment and let me know what you think :3 Feel free to suggest anything that you'd want to happen. :)

Love lots, yfishy <3