Chapter 3 – The Meeting

He's Gone

Lots are asking about Hyukjae's nonchalant reaction in chapter 2.

Hyukjae's life has always been decided by his parents ever since he was a kid. He didn't bother fighting for himself or standing up for himself because he knows that that will get him nowhere. No matter what he does, his parents will still have the final decision, so yeah. He got tired of fighting and getting into argument with them because he knows it's pointless.

Hope I cleared that confusion :)


Third Person POV

                Their family’s meeting is in a high class restaurant. It is the first time Donghae sees Hyukjae close because he always watches Hyukjae from afar. He’s contented like that.

                The parents are the ones who are talking while the people involved are in their own world. Hyukjae is eating while Donghae takes every chance to steal a glance at Hyukjae.

                “When shall we hold the wedding?” Hyukjae’s father asks.

                “Let the kids decide, shall we?” Donghae’s father replies.

                Donghae’s mother looks hesitant to say something but says it anyway. “Shouldn’t we ask the kids first if they agree to this?”

                “Hmm. Why ask them? We are the parents. We should be the one to decide. If we say they have to do it, they’d do it.” Hyukjae’s father carelessly answers.

                Donghae looks uncomfortable in his seat while Hyukjae still wears his –whatever- face. Donghae’s parents are kind of pissed because of the way Hyukjae’s parents treat him but they can’t do anything about it if that’s how Hyukjae’s parents is.

                “But I think they should have a say in this. They are the ones getting married, not us. They are the ones who are going to experience hardships if their marriage didn’t go well. I say they voice out their opinion because I don’t want my son to regret this.” Donghae’s father finally says. And that’s final. Once Donghae’s father decides, that would be it no matter what you say.

                “So, Donghae, what do you think about this marriage?” Donghae’s father asks his son.

                Donghae doesn’t know what to say because of course, he’s fine with it. But what he’s afraid of is Hyukjae’s opinion.

                “Uhm, I’ll go with Hyukjae-ssi’s decision, father.” Donghae answers. He thought it’s better if Hyukjae decides. At least he’ll be sure whether he wants it or not. He doesn’t want to let Hyukjae know how he feels either. That’s the safest answer he could think of.

                “How about you, Hyukjae? What do you think about this?” Donghae’s father takes the chance to ask Hyukjae because he knows Hyukjae’s parents won’t let their son decide.

                “I’m fine with it.” Hyukjae answers, knowing that he doesn’t have a choice. If he declines, his parents will nag at him when they get home and he doesn’t want to have any confrontation with them as much as possible.

                Donghae notices how Hyukjae looks forced to agree with what his parents want and he doesn’t like it. But he can’t do anything now because just like what he said, he’ll go with what Hyukjae wants and he can’t go back on his words.

                “Good, then! The wedding will push through. We’ll just talk about the date and the place as we go on along the planning.” Hyukjae’s mother says, happy that her son didn’t give her and his husband a problem in front of their soon-to-be in-laws.


Chapter 3! :3

Just a short chapter on how they met and how they did the agreement.

Chapter 4 will be updated as soon as I finish chapter 5. I update once I finish the next chapter so you won't have to wait for long.

But school's starting so updates may come slowly but I'll try my best to update often!

Please leave comments so I know what you think. I want to know if you're satisfied or there's something you want to happen. Feel free to suggest.

love lots,

yfishy <3