Chapter 1 - The Beginning

He's Gone

A/N: Hi guys! I started the story from the very beginning. Very beginning = how the arranged marriage happened so you won't get confused.

Thanks for the subscriptions and upvote! I'm so happy seeing that I got an upvote :") Thank you very much! <3

Here's chapter 1.


Third Person POV

                At Seoul University studies a guy named Lee Hyukjae. He is the heir of Lee Corporation. He is one of the university’s “princes” as they call them. The “princes” are those who are from the wealthy families, the heirs, the heart-throbs.

                He is known for his cold personality. It is said that lots of girls already confessed to him but he turned all of them down. No one knows why and no one has seen his true personality except for his friends.

                Lee Donghae is one of the “princes”, too. He is an only child of a wealthy family. He doesn’t want to inherit their business and his parents respected his decision. He’s a down to earth kind of guy. He never liked his popularity.

                He is known for his cute, kind and thoughtful personality. A lot of girls confessed to him, too, but he turned them down as kindly as he can. He doesn’t like people getting hurt because of him. He turned all of them down because he already has his eyes for someone. And that someone is Lee Hyukjae.

 

Donghae’s POV

                Going to school is not my thing. It’s not that I don’t want to study. It’s just that every time I go to school, I get annoyed because of the fangirls. They always follow me around like puppies. They squeal like pigs slaughtered. I don’t get why lots of people want popularity when it is just a pain in the . But the good thing about them is that they listen to you.

                As I enter the gates, the fangirls start to swarm around me making it hard to walk. I asked them to make way for me to walk, thankfully, they did.

                I found Heechul hyung and Sungmin hyung sitting together in my classroom. Heechul hyung and Sungmin hyung are my only friends in the university.

                Heechul hyung is a year higher than Sungmin and me. We became friends when he saw me and he can’t stop saying that he can’t take my cuteness and he wants me to become his baby. So I consider him my friend slash mother.

                Sungmin hyung is a year older than me but we’re in the same class. He’s overprotective of me, I don’t know why and I don’t like it because, hell, I can take care of myself. But he insists that I’m too much of a sweetheart to not be protected. Sigh.

                Anyway, Heechul hyung has a boyfriend and his name is Hankyung. Hankyung hyung is in the same level as Heechul hyung and I consider him my father. He’s protective of me, too, but not as protective as Sungmin hyung.

                Sungmin hyung has a boyfriend, too, and his name is Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun is a year younger than us but in the same class. The guy’s a genius. He was accelerated for one year which explains him being younger than us but in the same class.

                I feel sad whenever we’re together because I always seem to be the third wheel. And no, I don’t have a boyfriend. Why? Because I’m already in love with someone, but sadly, that someone doesn’t even see me.

                I know. Sad, right? I’m considered a prince but I can’t even have my love.

                I’ve been in love with Lee Hyukjae since I first saw him. You can say that it’s love at first sight. I don’t even know how it happened. I just can’t get him off of my mind. Heol~

                My friends know what I feel about Hyukjae but they can’t do anything to help me.

                Hankyung hyung and Kyuhyun are friends with Hyukjae but Hyukjae doesn’t even notice me. Weird, right? We have common friends but he doesn’t even know me. That’s how it goes for everyone. Hyukjae doesn’t give a about everyone except his friends. And I’ve accepted it already. I’ve already accepted the fact that we can’t be together. There’s no way we’re going to be together.

                Anyway, enough of the introductions.

                Today is a boring day in school. Nothing interesting happened. I just can’t wait for the school bell to ring.

                As the bell rings, I quickly kept my things in my bag and bid my friends goodbye. I’m not really a social person. I go straight home from school. My friends always nag at me because of this. They want to hang out with me after class but I always decline saying that I have a lot of things to do at home which is a lie.

                I don’t want to hang out with them after class because I will be the third wheel again. They say that we’re going to have bonding time but it always end up being a double date for them and me forgotten in the sides.

                As I get home, I kiss my mother on the cheek then went to my room to rest.

                A knock on my door woke me up.

                “Donghae, darling, are you awake?” My mother calls.

                “Yes, mom. Come in.”

                “I have a good news for you, baby” She smiled as she sat on my bed.

                “What is it? What is it?” I felt giddy because my mom never says that it’s good news unless it’s one.

                She handed me an envelope and told me to open it.

                I widened my eyes as I read what is inside. It is an agreement of marriage, an arranged marriage, for me.