Chapter 4

Mr. Eye Smile

          “Yah~!...WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE?!...” Jong Kook said angrily. He glares at her. Ji Hyo was left blank and at same time shocked staring at him.

          “You-…you-….you’re……” she just said.

           “YOU--…” Jong Kook didn’t finish because Ji Hyo gets a towel in the drawer and wipes his face.

           “I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to do that…I wa--…”  she said then Jong Kook pushes her hands away from him.

          “What are you doing in my house?...” he said with anger.

          “I thought you knew…I’ll be the one who’ll take care of Eun Joo…Hong Kyung Min-ssi hired me…” she explains. She was afraid with him but she doesn’t want it to affect her. She didn’t do anything wrong.

          “WHAT?!...”

          “Ne~…Didn’t he told you?...”

          Jong Kook didn’t answer her and walks away. He went into his room and calls Kyung Min. “Oh Wae?...” Kyung Min said. “You should better explain to me…right now…” Jong Kook said. “So you’ve seen her already?...I was expecting this call for tomorrow…but it comes to early…” Kyung Min said.

          “Why did you hire her?...I don’t want her…Find me another one…”

          “I’m sorry my friend… you have no choice but to accept her…It’s for me to look for a replacement…You have this reputation being the most coldness man…They can’t stand you…everyone is scared of you…”

          “And you think she can?...Just find me a replacement…” Jong Kook still insisting.

          “Oh come on 3 months…Just for 3 months…and she will take care of Eun Joo not you…What’s the big deal?...Just accept her ok?...Then…” Kyung Min said and hangs up.

~~~~~~~~~

          Ji Hyo cooks breakfast for the three of them. She familiarizes herself in the surroundings with the help of Kyung Min when he accompanied her into the house. Kyung Min said to her that Jong Kook never ate together with Eun Joo. “How can a Father do that? He’s really absurd…Now I know why Eun Joo was like that…Pity little girl…” Ji Hyo thought.

          She was setting the table when Jong Kook went down to the stairs. He was already in his suit. “Are you going already?...I’ve prepared breakfast…” Ji Hyo said when she sees him.

          Jong Kook ignores her and walks out.

          “Aigoooo…He’s really something…” Ji Hyo just said.

          Eun Joo came running to her. “It looks delicious Pretty Unnie…”

          “It really is Eun Joo-yah…Let’s eat then…” Ji Hyo said and they started to eat. “I’m really happy Pretty Unnie…Now I had someone I can eat together…” Eun Joo said.

          “I’m happy I’m eating together with you Eun Joo-yah…Unnie will always cooks and we will eat together…”

          “Really?...Yeeyyy…” Eun Joo was so happy. She really likes her Pretty Unnie. After they ate, Ji Hyo takes her into her school and she went into her flower shop.

~~~~~~~~~~

          “You look exhausted Ji Hyo-yah…” Dong Hoon asked her when she enters their restaurant.

          “Oppa Jjajangmyeon…” she said to him and sat into one of the empty tables. Then Dong Hoon brings her one bowl of jjajangmyeon. “Here…” he said and sat towards her. Ji Hyo started to eat. “You’re stressed out…Did something happen?...” Dong Hoon asked.

          “My boss is a super stress Oppa…He was like a tiger…like in any moment he’ll just bite and eat you…He’s the worst…” Ji Hyo explains.

          “Boss?...Ahh Auntie told me about your new job…Well good luck to you then…If that man did something bad to you just tell me…Okay?...” Dong Hoon said acting like he was so strong when actually he was like just a kid.

          “Aigooo…Araseo…” Ji Hyo smiles.

~~~~~~~~~

          Days passed by so quickly, a week already passed. Jong Kook was still the same and Ji Hyo was controlling herself with all her might. She wants Jong Kook to be close to her daughter but it’s impossible to happen because he’s so hard to approach. For the past days, it was like she does not exist in the house. He always ignores her.

          Evening, Jong Kook got home and Ji Hyo was still in the kitchen. He went into the kitchen and gets some water.

          “Do you want to eat?...I cooked curry…” she said.

          But then Jong Kook just ignores her and walks away. “Yah~!...You could just say I’m not hungry or I’m tired…or just anything…You’re such a---…” she said.

          Jong Kook turns to her. He glares at her. “You…should know your boundaries…I’m not responsible to answer you…If you don’t like what I’m doing just…get lost…” he said and went into his room.

          “JERK!....JERK!...JERK!...Aiiiiissssssshhhh…..Calm down Ji Hyo-yah…Think about Eun Joo…Calm down…” Ji Hyo thought.

~~~~~~~~~

          Evening, Jong Kook arrives home. Then Eun Joo came running to him holding a piece of paper. “Appa…Appa…Appa…” she said excitedly.

          Jong Kook ignores her and walks into his room. Eun Joo grabs his hand to stop him. “Appa…look at this…I drew Eomma, Appa and--…” Then Jong Kook pushes her away that makes Eun Joo out of balance and falls into the ground.

          “Don’t come near me…You heard me…Don’t you da--…” Jong Kook said while staring at her.

          “WHAT DID YOU DO?!!...” Then Ji Hyo came and approaches Eun Joo who was already crying.

          “I don’t need to explain to you…” Jong Kook said and holds the door knob of his room. Just then Ji Hyo grabs his hand and stops him. He looks at her again.

          “STOP ACTING LIKE A CHILD…For goodness sake…Eun Joo is your daughter…Stop ruining your life because of what happen to your wife…She’ll never come back…YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT…” Ji Hyo angrily shouted at him.