Chapter 29

Mr. Eye Smile

           Jong Kook turns to her. “I will give the family that you wanted…” he said. Ye Jin can’t believe what she heard. “Live with us…together with Eun Joo…I’ll be a Father to him…We’ll take care of him together…” he added. Ye Jin looks within his eyes. She can feel his sincerity.She can’t find her words.

          “Ye Jin-ah…That’s just what I can give you…You know what I’m talking about…I’m his Father and I know my responsibilities…” Jong Kook said. He felt sorry to tell her that but that’s the truth.

          Ye Jin’s smile bitterly. She understands what he’s saying. He will be a Father to her son but not a husband to her. She nodded. “I understand…Thank you Oppa…” she said. It hurts her but what more important is they will be a family. “Someday Oppa…I know someday you’ll love me too…” Ye Jin thought.

          “Thank you for understanding…I’ll pick you up tomorrow…I need to tell Eun Joo about this…” Jong Kook said and kisses Hyun Woo on his forehead and brings him back to the crib.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Jong Kook and Eun Joo went to Eun Hye’s grave. Eun Joo puts the flowers to her Eomma’s grave. “Eomma…Eun Joo’s here…” Eun Joo said. After the day Jong Kook told her about Ji Hyo, she never asks about her again. He knows that Eun Joo really loves Ji Hyo and it’s hard for her to accept what happened. “Eun Hye-yah…I thought everything will just be fine…that finally after years I’ve found the one…but everything just went nothing…She’s gone…but it’s all my fault...I can’t blame her…Guide us…Our little angel was so wonderful…she’s so strong like you…” Jong Kook said in his mind.

          Jong Kook knelt down and faces Eun Joo. He looks at her eyes.

          “Appa…Waeyo?...” Eun Joo said.

          “Eun Joo-yah…Appa needs to tell you something…” he said and Eun Joo nodded and looks at him. “I don’t want you to be confused and I want you to know because you’re all I have my angel…” he took a deep breathe. It’s hard to tell her. She’s just a 6 years old child.

          “Appa…What is it?...Eun Joo will be with you always Appa…” Eun Joo said.

          He smiles a bit. She really has a wonderful daughter. “You’ll have a little brother my angel…”

          “Jeongmal??...Is he cute like me?...” Eun Joo felt excited, a typical little child. Jong Kook nodded. “He is…” he responded. “He’ll live with us?...When Appa?...” Eun Joo asked. “Tomorrow my angel…Hyun Woo and Ye Jin will live with us starting tomorrow…” he said. “I’m excited Appa…I want to see him already…” Eun Joo smiles. Jong Kook hugs her tightly. “I love you my angel…” he said. “I love you too Appa…much much much…” Eun Joo said with her cute voice and kisses his cheeks.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Night, Kyung Min visited Jong Kook. They were at the veranda drinking some beer. “You’ve already decided?...” Kyung Min asked. Jong Kook nodded. “It’s the right thing to do Kyung Min-ah…” he said. “You won’t look for her? Talk to her…” Kyung Min said.

          “I won’t…This is all we can be…We’re just not really meant for each other…I hope for her happiness…” he felt his heart tighten. He can never forget her. How can he do that? She’ll be a part of him forever.

          “Eun Joo knows?...”

          “I told her but she’s just a child I can’t tell her everything…”

          Kyung Min felt sad for his friend. Fate really plays tricks well. But Jong Kook was right and he’s happy that he was facing it maturely. Ji Hyo really changes him for the better.

~~~~~~~~~~

          At Pohang, Ji Hyo was spacing out while sitting on the sand. She was at the seaside watching the sunset. It’s been really hard for her to be away with the people she loves. Also, she misses Jong Kook and Eun Joo. What they were doing? If they ate already? She keeps asking herself again and again. But they were just like the sun; she can never reach it no matter what, because it’s impossible.

          “You’re blank again Ji Hyo-ssi…” the man said and sat beside her then gave her a canned soda.

          She smiles a bit and gets the soda. “Thank you Sang Wook-ssi…”

          “You’re welcome…so what are you thinking?...” Joo Sang Wook asked. He was her co-worker at the coffee shop she’s currently working. She went to Pohang. This is just the place she knows that no one will know her. She rent a small apartment then looks for a job.

          Sang Wook was a gentle and kind man. She finds him alike to her Haha Oppa, an older brother.

          “Nothing…It’s just so beautiful…” Ji Hyo said and looks back at the sun.

          “Your’e right…” he replies and looks at it too.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Jong Kook with Ye Jin and Hyun Woo arrives at his house. They went inside and Eun Joo runs to his Appa.

          “Eun Joo-yah…Meet Hyun Woo…” Jong Kook said and brings Hyun Woo down from his arms. Eun Joo looks at him and she smiles. She raises her hand to say hi to him then Hyun Woo holds her hand tightly and smiles. Eun Joo was so happy. “I’m your Noona Hyun Woo-yah…” Eun Joo said.

          Jong Kook felt relieved seeing Eun Joo happy. Ye Jin was just fascinated by the scene.

          “Eun Joo-yah…You shoud greet Ye Jin…She’s the best friend of your Eun Hye Eomma…She knows her more than me…” he said. Eun Joo bows and greeted her. “Annyonghaseyo…” she said and smiles to her.

          “Hi Eun Joo-yah…you remember me right?...I’m your Appa and Eomma’s friend like your Uncle Kyung Min and Uncle Jang Hyuk…” Ye Jin said and Eun Joo nodded. Ye Jin feels that Eun Joo still feels shy to her and she just smiles to make her comfortable.

          Eun Joo keeps playing with Hyun Woo the Ahjumma looks for them while Jong Kook and Ye Jin went upstairs. They went to the guest room. “This will be your room…Do you prefer to let Hyun Woo have his on room?...There is still one spare room…” Jong Kook asked. “No Oppa…We’ll just be in one room…We’re fine with this…” she said.

          “If that’s what you want…Just tell me what you need…” he said and about to get out from the room when Ye Jin talks then he stops.

          “Oppa…”

          “Ne~…”

          “Gomawo…” she sincerely said. She really loves this man but she the looks of his eyes was so sad. She felt hurt. His eyes were longing for someone.

          He smiles a bit and leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Night, Go Ara decided to go to Han River. She buys canned beer and ddeokbokki then she sat to the vacant bench. She started to eat while looking at the water fountain coming from the bridge. She was preoccupied by the view and she didn’t notice that someone sat beside her.

          Joong Ki was a bit drunk and sits at the bench. As he turns to look at the one beside him, it was Go Ara. Joong Ki was so sad because his Noona wasn’t still telling them where she was. He really missed her. Also, he felt so sad for her Noona and the fact that he can’t be beside her to comfort her was making him devastated.

          He puts his head to Ara’s shoulder. She flinch and about to stands up when Joong Ki talks. “Just a minute…Please…” he said and hearing his voice Ara knows it was him.

          “Are you okay?...” she asked. He shakes his head. “It’s good to cry when you feel that you’re not okay…” she said. Hearing that, Joong Ki’s tears started to form. Ara felt his body trembles then she pats his back to comfort him. He hugs her tightly then cries. Ara didn’t say anything and let him cry.

~~~~~~~~~~

          *3 months passed…*

          Eun Joo finally felt comfortable by Ye Jin. She always takes care of Eun Joo too. She treats her like her own. They were like a family having a picnic at the park. Eun Joo insists it last night.

          “Appa~…” Eun Joo runs to him. He carries her then kisses her cheeks. “How’s my angel?...” he asked. “I’m fine and I wasn’t naughty Appa…I always listen to Aunt Ye Jin…” she said. “That’s good then…” he said and they sat together with Ye Jin and Hyun Woo. “I’m sorry I’m a bit late…I really didn’t get the chance to leave from the meeting…” he explains to her. “It’s okay Oppa…Here you should eat…I bet you’re already hungry…” she said and feed him a piece of kimbap. He eats it. “Thanks…” he said.

 

          “Hey there little one…” he said and carries Hyun Woo. He throws him to the air and catches him. Hyun Woo was giggling. He was so cute and Jong Kook can’t help but smile seeing him. Ye Jin smiles looking at them. It’s been months and they went from all awkwardness at first but as time passed by, they’ve been okay.

~~~~~~~~~~

          *2 years passed…*

          Pohang, Jong Kook went to check the hotel that he plans to buy from one of his business partners. He offers him good price and it’s really tempting. Besides having a mall, he wants to have a hotel too.

          After having negotiation with his business partner, he went to the market to buy some food delicacies of Pohang for Eun Joo, Hyung Woo and Ye Jin. He buys everything that looks yummy. He was walking when someone bumps him. He looks at who is it. She was sitting at the ground. She fell down because of the impact.

          “I’m sorry…” a familiar voice said to him. Ji Hyo was busy picking up her things and she wasn’t looking at him.

          He felt his heart beats abnormally looking at her. It was her. He hands his hand to help her and she receives it without looking at him. Ji Hyo felt the electricity as she holds his hand. Her heart races, as finally she looks at him. He was just looking at her without talking ang also goes with her.

          Just then….

          “Ji Hyo-yah…” Sang Wook walks towards her. “Are you okay?...” he asked her worriedly.

          Jong Kook felt a thug in his heart as the man approaches. He was carrying a baby. “She already has a family…” that was going to his mind and it hurts him like hell.