Chapter 1

Mr. Eye Smile

          5 years later…

          Ji Hyo was checking and organizing the flowers in her flower shop. Song Ji Hyo, 32 years old, a simple and bubbly woman. She fights for what she believes was right. She just wants a simple life. She has a brother named Song Joong Ki. Their parents died when she was 1st grade in high school while Joong Ki was 6th grade at primary school. They were still young and their Auntie, sister of their Mother takes care of them. Their house was two streets away from the shop.  

          “Noona…the truck is ready…I already put everything that you need to deliver…” Joong Ki said.

          “Aiggoooo…you’re really handsome brother…then I’ll be going…take care of the shop…” she said and walks to the mini truck.

          “Good Morning Ji Hyo-yah…” Jae Suk greeted her.

          “Good Morning too Jae Suk Oppa…” she greeted back.

          Yoo Jae Suk, a smart and funny guy. He lives with Ji Suk Jin, Kang Gary, Ha Dong Hoon and Lee Gwang Soo and they own a Korean restaurant beside Ji Hyo’s shop. They were also Ji Hyo’s neighbors.

          “Oh beautiful Ji Hyo…Good Morning…” Gary said. He has crush on her. He always says sweet things to her but Ji Hyo is not taking it seriously. She always counts it as a joke.

          “Good Morning Oppa…I’ll be going then…” she said.

          “Do you need some help?...I’m always ready to help you…” Gary said.

          “Aigooo Gary-yah…The restaurant needs you…Just go Ji Hyo-yah…Take care…” Jae Suk said. Ji Hyo waved them goodbye and drive the mini truck to her destination.

~~~~~~~~~~

                   Kim Jong Kook wakes up and prepares himself to go to his work. Kim Jong Kook, 37 years old, after Eun Hye’s death he become the most irritable person. He was mean, cold and short tempered. He didn’t even dare to smile for the past 5 years. He owns the JK Mall, one of the most prestigious malls at Korea.

          After he prepares, he went out his room and goes downstairs.

          “The breakfast is ready Sir…” their maid said.

          “I won’t eat…I’ll be--…”

          “Appa~…Appa~…Let’s eat together…” Kim Eun Joo said with her cute voice.

          Jong Kook just stares at her. “I can’t…” he said with a cold voice and leaves. Eun Joo just looks at her Father walking away. She never has a meal together with him. She always eats alone. The maid was the only one taking care of her. Jong Kook never touches his own daughter. He blames her for she was the reason why Eun Hye died.

          Jong Kook grows up with a cold and strict Father. He never felt that he has a Father at all. His Father was only acting as the President of the company and he is his heir. His Mother died when he was 7 years old. He was a silent and mean guy after that but then he meets Eun Hye. He changes him and he falls in love with her.

          Eun Hye didn’t come from a rich family and his Father really opposed her for him but he didn’t listen. Then they got married, his Father never came but a year after his Father died.

          “Appa hates me Ahjumma?...” Eun Joo asked her maid.

          “No Eun Joo-yah…Appa has a meeting that’s why…You know you Appa was a busy person right?...” the maid said.

          Eun Joo nodded and they went back to the dining area.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

          “You’re early again Jong Kook-ah…You didn’t eat together with Eun Joo again…He was your daughter don’t forget that…” Hong Kyung Min said to him. It was his friend since childhood. He knows him well but he understands. Jong Kook always admires how cool he was back then. Hong Kyung Min also works at his company. He was also one of his share holders.

          “Stop lecturing me or I’ll forget that you’re my friend…” Jong Kook said.

          Kyung Min raises his both hands sign of surrender. “Araseo…araseo…You really such a cold man…Aigoooo…” he said then leaves to his office.

          Jong Kook was left alone. “I should have died back then…Why did I live?...I just want to be with you…Now you’re gone…How can I live Eun Hye-yah?...How can I?...” Jong Kook thought.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

          Ji Hyo was almost done with her deliveries only two client left. She went into a school and delivers the flowers. It was a private school for nursery to kindergarten.

          “Good Morning…Here’s the flowers…” she smiles to one of the teachers she was close with. She delivers flowers at the school twice a week.

          “Thank you…” the teacher smiles at her.

          She goes out the school and walks. Something caught her attention at the playground. A little girl was crying while the others were teasing her. She moves closer to them.

          “Yah…Why are you teasing her? Stop it…” she said to them and the children run away.

          She looks at the little girl and wipes her tears. “Stop crying…they’re gone now…” she said.

          “I ju-st wan-t to pla-y with th-em…but they told m-e…that my Ap-pa doesn’t love m-e…” Eun Joo said.

          “That’s not true…Parents always love their daughter…It’s not true so don’t believe them…If they’ll tease you again won’t you promise me that you’ll tell your teacher about it?...” Ji Hyo said.

          Eun Joo stares at her and smiles. “Promise…”

 

~~~~~~~~~

          The last delivery is at the JK Mall. She parked the truck and gets the flowers. She delivered it successfully.

          Ji Hyo still roams around the mall. She wants to buy something special for her Auntie whose birthday is coming. She was busy looking when something happens that caught her attention.

          A guy bumps into a man and his things falls on the floor. She walks towards him and help him pick his things. “Wait…this isn’t right…” Ji Hyo thought.

          Then she stands up and shouted. “Yah…You…stop right there~!….”

          Then Jong Kook turns.

          “It’s him…” Ji Hyo thought.