Chapter 20

Mr. Eye Smile

           Flashback

          *Macau…*

          Jong Kook with Kyung Min was at a Jewelry Store. Jong Kook is choosing a ring.

          “Do you think she’ll like that?...” Jong Kook asked Kyung Min and points to the ring. Kyung Min looks at it. “She’ll love that…Simple yet elegant…” Kyung Min said. Jong Kook buys it and they leave the store.

          “So what is your plan?...” Kyung Min asked him while they were walking.

          “I don’t know yet…I don’t have anything in my mind…I’m letting my feelings decide…if it’s the right time I’ll propose to her…” Jong Kook said and smiles.

          End of Flashback

~~~~~~~~~~

          “Can you fulfill my wish Ji Hyo-yah?...Will you marry me?...” he said sincerely. He looks at her eyes. She looks blank and flustered. “Please say yes…” Jong Kook said in his mind. His heart beats like crazy. Her silent makes him more nervous. “Am I going to be rejected?...No…please say yes…” Jong Kook thought.

          Ji Hyo puts the cake to the table then took her breathe and look at him. She nods shyly and smiles. What more can she ask for? This is what she really wanted to spend her lifetime with this man. “Yes…I’ll marry you Oppa…” she said. Jong Kook felt relief and put the ring on her finger. “Thank you…I love you so much Ji Hyo-yah…Saranghae…” Jong Kook said and kissed her.

          “Looks like there’s one more reason to celebrate…” Kyung Min said while the others were busy with Eun Joo’s gift. He glanced at Ji Hyo and Jong Kook.

          The others were clueless and look at them. Then Ji Hyo showed them her ring. 

          “Waaaaaahhh Jinja????!!!...” Haha said.

          “Finally…Congratulations Jong Kook-ah…Ji Hyo-yah…” Jae Suk said and walks towards them then hugs them. Each of them congratulates and hugs them. Her Auntie and Joong Ki was so happy for Ji Hyo. They know they’ll be a happy family.

          Eun Joo runs to his Appa and Jong Kook carries her. “Are you happy my angel?...” he asked. “Ne~…Really happy…” Eun Joo smiles sweetly. “Eun Joo-yah…Do you know what it means when your Pretty Unnie wears the ring I gave?...” Jong Kook said. Eun Joo shakes her head.

          “It means that…” Jong Kook pauses and looks at Ji Hyo who was beside him. “your Pretty Unnie will marry Appa…” he added.

          “Jeongmal?...”

          Jong Kook nodded and smiles. Eun Joo smiles. She was so happy. She kisses her Appa then her Pretty Unnie.

~~~~~~~~~~

          The party goes on. It was 10PM, Eun Joo fell asleep in Jong Kook’s arms. Ji Hyo also noticed that Jong Kook was already sleepy. “You can sleep in my house…You’re tired…” Ji Hyo said to him. “Araseo~…Let’s go…We’ll just go home tomorrow…I’m really tired…” he said. He was tired because he had straight meetings before they went home in Seoul. Kyung Min with the others was still having fun talking while drinking soju. They keep on laughing out loud. Kwang Soo was performing his unique dance that causes them to laugh until their tummies aches.

          “Jae Suk Oppa…We’re going…Eun Joo was already sleeping…” Ji Hyo said.

          “Ohhh…Araseo…Are you going home Jong Kook-ah?...”

          “Ani Hyung…We’ll sleep to their house…” he said pertaining to Ji Hyo’s house.

          “How about me?...” Kyung Min said.

          “Aigooo…Hyung you can sleep in our house…”  Gary said to him and smiles.

          They left the RM restaurant and went to her house. Her Auntie was already sleeping in her room. She went home early. They went straight to Ji Hyo’s room and Jong Kook lays Eun Joo into her bed. Jong Kook took of his coat and also lies on the right side of Eun Joo. He was really sleepy. Ji Hyo stares at them and smiles. “We’ll be a happy family…” Ji Hyo thought. She walks towards them and put on them the blanket. She moves her hand and touch Jong Kook’s face. Jong Kook felt her hand and he holds it too. He opens his eyes. “You should sleep too…” he said and Ji Hyo lies on the left side of Eun Joo. They were holding each other’s hands. “Thank you…” Jong Kook said. “You’re always saying that…” Ji Hyo said.

          “Because I want you to know how grateful I am that you said yes…I love you so much Ji Hyo-yah…”

          “I love you too…Mr. Eye Smile…” Ji Hyo said and they fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

          7AM, Jong Kook wakes up first. His two angels were still sleeping. Eun Joo was cuddling Ji Hyo. He smiles looking at them. It’s just felt so right. He gets up and looks at Ji Hyo’s room. It was simple just like her. He looks at her study table. There are pictures of her parents while they were still young also a picture of Joong Ki, her Auntie and Ji Hyo.

          Something caught his eyes, the sketch pad that has a caption of Mr. Eye Smile on its cover. He opens it and felt amazed. It was him; every page of it was his face sketch. The first page was him at the sea side, the day he plans to die. “She was sketching me that moment…” Jong Kook thought. He turns every page. He was smiling brightly on every drawing. It has also a date on every of it.

          He didn’t notice that Ji Hyo was already awake. “Yah~ Oppa…” she said. Then she walks towards him and trying to get the sketch pad. Jong Kook lifts it up so Ji Hyo’s can’t get it. “You didn’t tell me you had this talent…” he said.

          “It’s nothing…it’s just my hobby…give it back…” sghe felt so embarrassed.

          “Wae?...It’s mine…It’s my face…” Jong Kook smiles.

          Ji Hyo tried to get it but Jong Kook hugs her. “I didn’t think you really love my smile that much…”

          “Giv-eit ba-ck…” she just said. She feels so shy.

          Jong Kook faces her. “Aren’t you going to give me this?...I really love it Ji Hyo-yah…” he said. Ji Hyo looks at his eyes and she feels so happy and contented. He really loves it. She nodded. “Saranghae…” Jong Kook said and pressed his lips into hers.

~~~~~~~~~~

          *Paris…*

          “Are you really serious with this?...I told you he’s already fine…” Jang Hyuk asked her.

          “Ne~…I want to see him...I miss him…You know everything…You know I love Jong Kook Oppa even before Eun Hye falls for him…” she said.

          “YAH~! SON YE JIN!...You’re crazy!...” Jang Hyuk shouted angrily.

          “I’ll come and get you Oppa…this time you will fall for me…” Son Ye Jin thought.