Chapter 35

Mr. Eye Smile

          A kiss that wasn’t force, his lips softly touches hers. Ji Hyo was shaken and flustered. Her whole system can’t react properly. The same sensation keeps lingering to her. She was about to close her eyes and respond to his kiss but then she is awaken. “No…this is wrong…” she said in her mind.

          Ji Hyo steps backward. Jong Kook is looking at her with sadness in his eyes. She can’t even look at him. Her whole system knows she wants him but her mind says no.

          “I’m sorry…” Jong Kook said.

          Ji Hyo didn’t say a thing. She just turns her back and leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Next day, Ji Hyo went to the hotel to deliver flowers. She was carrying Joon in her back using a baby carrier. “Annyong Joon-ie…” the woman in the receptionist greeted them.

          “Annyonghaseyo…” Ji Hyo smiles. “I came to deliver the flowers to Mrs. Jung…”

          The woman checks the record.  “Ne~7th floor Ji Hyo-ssi…Room 705…” she replied.

          “Thank you…”

          Ji Hyo went up to 7th floor using the elevator. She went to rom 705 and delivers the flower. After that, she was walking back to the elevator when she notices the man knocking on the room 714.

          “Mr. President…Are you okay?...” the man said multiple times while knocking.

          Ji Hyo continues to walk but then she stops when she heard a familiar name. The manager also came in front of the room. “Kim Jong Kook-ssi…Are you there?...Are you okay?...” the manager asks worriedly. It’s already 3PM, they didn’t saw him since last night. He wasn’t leaving his room. He didn’t even ask for food.

          Ji Hyo gets worried because they keep knocking but Jong Kook wasn’t responding at all. She immediately calls Haha then asks for the number of Kyung Min. Afterwards, she called him. “Kyung Min Oppa…It’s me…Ji Hyo…” she said. “Ji Hyo-yah…I’ve been waiting for your call…Did you saw him?...” he asked. “Oppa…I’m here at the hotel…and he was here…the employees were getting worried because he wasn’t answering…Can you told them to open the door?...I’ll go check on him…” she said.

          After minutes, they got the spare pass key for the room and they opened it. Kyung Min already told the manager that they know her. “You can come in…Song Ji Hyo-ssi…If you need something just call us…” the manager said and they leave.

          Ji Hyo came in to the room. It was a big and beautiful room. You can see the view of the ocean from the window. She walks forward then saw Jong Kook lying on his bed. He was sleeping. But something is wrong with him. Ji Hyo came near him and put her hand to his forehead. He was burning. She notices that Jong Kook still wears the same clothes when she saw him last night. She turns off the aircon and opens the sliding door to the terrace.

          She pats him to wake him up but he just keeps on groaning. She went to the bathroom then gets a small towel and a basin with luke warm water in it. His clothes were already dry. She puts the towel to his forehead.

          Her phone rings. It was Kyung Min. She answered it. “Oppa…He has a fever…” she said.

          “Really?...Is he just okay?...I’ll tell the manager to bring a Doctor…I’m sorry I can’t go there now…I know you have things to do…but can you keep an eye on him?...at least just this day…I have loads of meeting today because he’s gone for days…I’ll be there tomorrow morning…I promise…Is it okay with you?...” Kyung said.

          “It’s okay Oppa…” she just said. There’s also a part of her that she can’t leave him like this.

          “Thank you so much Ji Hyo-yah…” he felt relieved. “By the way…there’s a slide up bed under the bed of Jong Kook…I know you’re with your baby the manager told me…Thank you really Ji Hyo-yah…Thank you…I’ll be there tomorrow…”

          “Araseo Oppa…” she said and they hang up.

          5PM, the Doctor came with the manager. He put dextrose to Jong Kook and inject him medicine for his fever. “He’s too exhausted…He needs a full rest…Just let him sleep…He’ll get better…” the Doctor said to her. “Thank you Doctor…” Ji Hyo said. The Doctor and manager leaves after that.

          10PM, she already ate dinner. Joon is already sleeping on the sliding bed. She was lucky she brings everything that Joon needed. Ji Hyo sits besides Jong Kook. She changes the towel from his forehead. It was a relief his fever is going down. Then she notice the bruises form his right hand. It is not yet healed and it’s obvious that he wasn’t really curing it. She gets the first aid kit in the bathroom and put some ointment to his hand. She also put badage on it.

          “What’s happening to you?...It hurts me to see you like this…Please don’t do that again…because…I’m…” tears started to fall from her eyes. “I’m not…always there…to save you…Jong Kook Oppa…” she said with sadness in her voice. She holds his face and smiles bitterly.

~~~~~~~~~~

          8AM, Ji Hyo wakes up when she realize Joon isn’t beside her. She immediately gets up. “Joon-ah…” she utters. Jong Kook isn’t on the bed either. She walks and found them at the terrace. She stops when she saw them. Jong Kook is carrying Joon. They were both smiling.

          “Oohh~…You’re laughing…” Jong Kook said and smiles. “Does this Ahjussi’s face funny?...” he added that makes Joon giggle.

          Ji Hyo’s tears fell down. It is such a precious moment to her. She didn’t even think Joon will get carried by him. Jong Kook saw him and notices her tears. “You’re Eomma’s awake…” he said and walks towards her. Ji Hyo immediately wipes her tears.

          “Why are you crying?...” Jong Kook asked.

          “I just got scared when Joon isn’t beside me…” she replies and Jong Kook gives Joon to her.

          “I’m sorry…He is already awake…and I don’t want to wake you…”

          “How do you feel now?...” she asked.

          “I’m fine now…” he replies just then the food came. “Let’s eat…” he said.

          As they were eating, Jong Kook secretly glances at her. He felt happy in that very moment. She was in front of her, sharing a meal together. It is impossible for them to be together again but he will cherish that moment.

          After eating, Kyung Min arrives then. He immediately hugs Jong Kook. He was so worried about him. “Don’t do that again Jong Kook-ah…You don’t know how worried I am…” Kyung Min said. Ji Hyo is just looking at them. She is still clueless what’s the reason behind it and she wants to know it. It should be not simple because Jong Kook is so fragile and emotional.

          “I’m sorry…” Jong Kook said and gave him a look that ‘Don’t tell Ji Hyo anything’

          Kyung Min understands him. “Ji Hyo-yah…Thank you so much…You didn’t leave this jerk…Thank you…”

          “It’s okay Oppa…but I need to go home now…You’re now here too…” she said.

          “Okay…I’ll wait outside…I think this man has something to tell you…” Kyung Min said and leaves the room.

          Jong Kook and Ji Hyo look at each others eyes. “Thank you…for saving my life again…and I’m sorry for what I did the other night…That won’t happen again…I promise…” Jong Kook said sincerely. But at the back of his mind “Because this is the last time I will see you…I promise…I won’t ruin your peaceful life Ji Hyo-yah…I’m just happy I’m able to see you like this…I love you Song Ji Hyo…”

          He smiles and pats Joon’s head. “Be a good boy Joon-ie…” then he looks at Ji Hyo. “Goodbye Ji Hyo-yah…” he smiles too.

          Ji Hyo just bows and leaves the room. But inside her, she felt so heavy. She wants to turn and tell him everything. “Goodbye Mr. Eye Smile…” Ji Hyo thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Kyung Min and Jong Kook went back to Seoul. They were approaching Han River then Jong Kook said. “Stop the car…I’m going to Han River…” Kyung Min looks at him, cluelessly. “Don’t worry I won’t leave…I’m going to stay here…Tell Jang Hyuk I’ll wait for him…Our favorite spot…” Jong Kook said and went down from the car and walks away. Kyung Min smiles looking at him. Finally, he’s ready to face them.

          After 20 minutes, Jong Kook is sitting on the bench. A spot where they used to sat back then. They shared many memories together. Kyung Min and Jang Hyuk isn’t just a friend to him. They were like his real brothers.

          Jang Hyuk saw him. He breathes deeply and walks towards him. He sat beside him. He isn’t talking at all. He was too wrried about him too and seeing him okay makes him glad.

          “Jang Hyuk-ah…Do you still remember our promises to each other when we’re 15 years old?...” Jong Kook said while looking at the bridge. Jang Hyuk thought about it. ‘Let’s promise, that we will be brothers until the day we die…’ they said back then.

          “I do remember it…” Jang Hyuk responded.

          “I’ve thought that what if I’m in your place…What did I do?...Then I thought I will also do what you did…because you just love her so much…and I know it hurts you too…”

          “Jong Kook-ah…” Jang Hyuk just said. He felt so sorry for him.

          Jong Kook smiles bitterly. “But then…nothings change when you lie Jang Hyuk-ah…I’m really hurt by what you did…but what’s important now is Hyun Woo…”

          “I’m really sorry…”

          “In time Jang Hyuk-ah…but now…I can’t still forgive you…Just think about Hyun Woo…that’s what you need to do…” Jong Kook said then leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Night, Jong Kook arrives home. Hyun Woo and Eun Joo were already sleeping. Ye Jin is sitting at the sofa waiting for him. She stands as soo as she sees him enters the house. “Oppa…” she said. Jong Kook looks at her with blank expression. He sat towards her. Ye Jin just sits too.

          “Ye Jin-ah…I don’t want to explain anything to you…but you know what to do…” he said.

          “Oppa…I’m really sorry…I’m so sorry…” Ye Jin tears stared to fall.

          “You don’t know how I felt when I know about it…I felt so betrayed…I don’t know if trust is just a word…if people really not meant it at all…You make me believe to a lie…I…took the child of my brother…You really don’t love me Ye Jin-ah…It’s just your selfishness…because when you love someone…you’ll be happy for him no matter what…You’re selfish because you never thought of Hyun Woo…that little one will get confuse and hurt because of what you did…” he said with serious voice.

          “I’m so sor—ry…” she can’t talk anymore.

          “Let’s just explain everything to Hyun Woo and Eun Joo…Just let Jang Hyuk be a Father to him…and that’s the end to it Ye Jin-ah…”

          Ye Jin knows he’s telling her to leave. She was so hurt but she knows it’s all her fault. He was still so mad and she knows it.

~~~~~~~~~~

          3 weeks passed…

          11AM, Jong Kook is in his office doing his work. Then Kyung Min came in a rush. “Yah~!...Where is your manners?...You should knock…I got startled…” Jong Kook said.

          “I’m glad you’re here…You should cancel your migration to LA with Eun Joo…”

          “Because of what?...It’s all set…You know it’s just the best things to do…We need a new environment to forget things and move on…”

          “You won’t believe what I discovered...”

          “Then what is it?...”

          “Jong Kook-ah…Ji Hyo isn’t married at all…that man isn’t her husband…” Kyung Min said. He came from Pohang to check the hotel.

          “That’s impossible…then who’s Joon’s Appa?...” Jong Kook asked.

          “Think about it…Who could be his Appa?...”

          “Is it me?...Am I really his Appa?...Joon is my son?...” Jong Kook said to his mind.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Finally, I updated...I'm sorry for mistakes didn't recheck it...
Thank you ^~^

Omona~~~