Anticipating or Dreading?

S.O.S
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Jiyeon!" 

 

She could hear her mother yelling at her from downstairs. She groaned and pulled the covers over her head. She could easily chase the maids out of her room but her mother? It was impossible. She heard another yell and knowing that lying in bed for any longer wouldn't help, she kicked the blankets off and sat up angrily. She furrowed her brows and squinted her eyes. 

 

"Jiiiiiiiyeeeeeoooooon!" Another scream came from downstairs. 

 

"Arasso! I'm coming!" Jiyeon screamed in frustration as she kicked her legs and pulled her hair. She dragged herself out off bed and headed into the bathroom to get ready. When she was done, she walked to the living room. Surprisingly, she didn't fall with her eyes closed. This was kind of her routine everyday, she would walk around with her eyes closed in the morning, half-asleep most of the times. 

 

"Moring, Jiyeon." Mr Park said as he glance up from his phone. 

 

"Mor-" Jiyeon was cut off by the ringing of her father's phone. He raised his hand up to signal her to stay silent as he answered his phone. Jiyeon discretely rolled her eyes and started digging into her breakfast. Her mother joined in from the kitchen and frowned when she see Jiyeon eating already.

 

"Jiyeon, shouldn't you wait for everyone?" Her mother asked, sitting down across Jiyeon. 

 

Jiyeon didn't reply and just continued to eat her food in silence. Her father stood up from the table and headed into his study room. He looked busy, so busy he didn't have the time to eat breakfast, again. Jiyeon hated such mornings, which is literally everyday of her life. She quickly gobbled down her food and had finished the food when her mother only took her third bite. Jiyeon stood up hastily and after giving her mother a quick bow, had left the dining room. She headed into her room and sat down on her bed. She stared at her school skirt, sighing to herself. Everything seemed more out of place to her than usual. 

 

/

 

Murmurs filled the classroom as soon as she entered. Jiyeon had never encountered such a situation before. Everyone was looking at her, not the usual way but instead, their eyes were filled with amusement. They seemed to be laughing at her, although the classroom was just filled with tensed and awkward whisperings. She sat down at her usual seat, right in the middle. She glan

Please log in to read the full chapter