A Cold Princess

Bewitched

The sunlight from the windows streamed into every corner of the room as Jiyeon sat there in front of the mirror brushing her hair. Her comb slided through the smooth locks and she stared at her reflection in the mirror.

She was beautiful. Everyone else thought so, and she couldn't blame them. Half-lidded eyes, golden hair, straight nose, cherry red lips; she was the beautiful princess that everyone envied.

Yet few knew what she really was like.

A maid appeared inside the room, bowing at her and rushing to help her preparing herself. 

"Don't yank it." She hissed as the maid took her hair in her hands.

"Sorry, Princess."

A frown donned her face as she looked in the mirror. The old maid was standing behind her, her face wrinkled and ugly; the sight somehow irritated her.

"Leave." She said through gritted teeth.

"But Princess..."

"Leave you incompetent wench!" She raised her voice as she whipped around. On the spur of the moment her hand reached out and she slapped the old woman across the face. "Leave!"

The maid, holding her cheek, rushed out of the room without looking back.

Jiyeon turned around in her seat, looking at the reflection of her emotionless eyes in the mirror.

That was her true self. Cold, selfish, calculating, greedy. But few knew who she was under the bewitching smile.

Few things managed to catch her interests. And even fewer people managed to. She was hostile and cruel toward the servants, and she wasn't even that respectful toward her father and her mother-the King and Queen.

She dressed herself, and pampered her complexion carefully. Beauty was what get you far in life. That, and money.

She went out the door of her grand bedroom, and was followed by a bunch of servants closely behind. The servants whispered among themselves at her back as they trailed behind; their eyes widened when she suddenly turned around to face them.

"Shut up or I'll have you all hanged." The servants quieted immediately as the threat hung in the air. Jiyeon smirked coldly as she turned around and proceeded on her way.

Today, her parents had summoned her to the grand hall where the thrones were located and where they meet other royalties as well as nobles. For what reason she did not know, but according to the servants it was big. If they think they could impress her, they were wrong.

She walked into the grand hall, looking at her parents situated on their thrones. She proceeded towards them.

"My beautiful princess, how are you feeling?" Her father inquired her with a smile when she wordlessly took her seat on her small throne beside them.

"Could've been better." She said. "Why did you summon me here?"

"You'll see Princess." Her mother said with a twinkle in her eyes. The woman sometimes acted like a 5 year old and it irked her.

The sound of the loud trumpets reasonated through the stained glass windows and announced the arrival of a royalty. The loud commotion outside as well as footsteps were indicators that someone important was coming.

Amidst all this, she sat there with a disinterested look in her eyes.

A royal knight ran in the kneeled before her parents.

"Your Majesty King Calvin III is requesting your presence."

"Let him in." Her father said with a wave of his hands.

A few moments later a royal man strode into the hall. Royal attire donned his figure, and judging from his entourage, he was a King himself.

"King Calvin." Her father stepped down from the throne to approach the man. "How have you been?"

"Good." The two men hugged like long time besties. "There have been some commotions, but overall fine."

Jiyeon could only roll her eyes at the sight. She could care less about who her father associated himself with.

"Where's Seunghyun?" She heard her mother asking, a smile in her voice.

"He should be here soon my Queen." King Calvin III responded with a laugh. "You know how he is."

"That's why he should do well with my Jiyeon." Her father said, and both men chuckled.

Do well? What did he meant by 'do well'? And who was this Seunghyun?

Loud voices were heard outside; there were even giggles. Another man strode in, royal attire but much younger than King Calvin III. Behind him were the maids in the castle, laughing and giggling as they basically swooned over the handsome man.

The man turned with a smile, and approached the two Kings.

"This castle sure is friendly." He said nonchalantly, a hint of playfulness in his voice.

"Seunghyun,greet the King properly." King Calvin III said.

"It's fine Calvin; we're all familiar here."

"Yeah no need for useless introductions." The man called Seunghyun joined in.

"Yes. Let's just get to the point because I think Jiyeon is dying to know what this is all about." Her mother said, irritating Jiyeon.

Her father returned to his throne, and everything returned to formalty as King Calvin bowed down before her father. Seunghyun just stood there radiating with pride and arrogance.

"I, King Calvin III, would like to propose a request to join my son Prince Seunghyun and Princess Jiyeon in a marriage."

Jiyeon's eyes widened. Marriage?

"Jiyeon dear what do you think?" Her mother inquired, and if the woman could have stand up and yelled "Surprise!" she would have.

Her eyes narrowed at Prince Seunghyun, who stared back at her leveledly. He didn't flinch or cower, and only held her gaze equally.

Somehow she felt something creeping up her veins as she stared into his brown orbs, and she felt the need to cut the contact.

"Why not?" She turned to her mother, a subsconcious smile donning her face.

-------------------------------------

But it was something that occurred later that made her determined that this man was hers and hers alone.

Jiyeon was walking in the garden, annoyed at the bright sunlight shining in her eyes. 

She gazed around the trees and bushes all around her, and finally located what she was looking for.

Blue lilies. She could see the flowers blooming in the far corner of the pond located in the middle of the garden.

She reached over,her hand almost grabbing the flowers. 

Almost there, she thought as she leaned farther into the pond.

She suddenly lost her balance, and her eyes widened when she thought she was about to plunder into the pond like an idiot.

Out of nowhere, two strong arms grabbed ahold of her waist, and pulled her back from falling.

"You okay?"

She opened her eyes, and there was Prince Seunghyun with the sunlight shining behind him like some sort of halo.

He was good-looking. She thought as she stared. Very good-looking.

"Y.....Get your hands off me." She found herself saying, and brushed his arms off her. She didn't know why she acted so.

"Geez your welcome." He said, a frown forming on his forehead. "What were you trying to do anyway?"

"None of your business." She replied coldly, shielding her face.

He passed by her, reaching into the pond to pluck a lily flower. He then put it behind her ear.

"Try not to fall when I'm not around."

She could only stare at his figure as he walked away. 

It was then that she was determined to make him hers.

No matter what.

-----------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

A LITTLE BACKGROUND AND INTRODUCTION TO Jiyeon! WE WILL RESUME TO Bom'S PERSPECTIVE NEXT CHAPTER!

LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT! I KNOW I HAVEN'T UPDATE AS OFTEN T.T

HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD ABOUT Bom'S COLLABORATION WITH ANOTHER FEMALE ARTIST IN YG? I'M SO EXCITED!

READ, ENJOY, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, VOTE, AND ADD ME!

SEE YA!