A Good Looking Man

Bewitched

He could feel the wind in his hair, whipping at his face as he rode deeper into the forest. The steps of his horse crumbled the leaves on the ground, and the rush inside his veins throbbed and filled every nerve in his body.

It was why he loved exploring. That thrilling feeling made him feel invincible, as if he could do anything in the world. He probably could, being the Prince and all, but this feeling was different. It made him feel powerful in a different way that he just couldn't place his finger on. No matter what it was, it had keep him constantly exploring and wandering off ever since he was little.

It was at moments like these that he truly could appreciate life through the perspective of a normal person. From the moment he was born, his fate was destined: living as Royalty as utimately taking over his father's kingdom himself. It wasn't that he was discontent, but sometimes he imagined being a normal person. He could decide his own fate then, could do whatever he wants then, and could marry the girl that he loves.

Not to some snobby selfish girl that he disliked from the get go. Just the thought of it made him frown, and he tried to ignore it as he caressed the soft mane of his steed.

The sunlight shone through the leaves, illuminating his figure on the white horse making him look truly like a prince. The corner of his lips curved as the forest passed by fast.

"Faster." He whispered into the horse's ears, and could feel the change of pace as things started rushing pass him. His horse was strong and fast, and it was one of his most prized possessions. It was a pet, a friend, a confidant all rolled into one.

He was so immsersed in his thoughts that he didn't pay attention to where the horse was heading. When he realized it was too late; the horse stopped suddenly at the edge of a small cliff, the inertia flung him out from his horse and down into the river below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sanctuary forest was just like its namesake: peaceful, serene, heavenly, and drop dead beautiful. As she walked, the lush green trees overhead created a dome that let only tiny rays of sunlight come through. Underneath her feet were grass; soft, green grass that stretched out and covered the ground like a huge carpet. Here and there, bushes were scattered, varying from blueberries to thyme to large blooms of roses that spread their alluring fragrances throughout the forest.

The forest always seemed to be a cacophony of noises, and that was one reason why she loved it. The pleasant sounds of birds chirping on the branches or insects buzzing were like a distant music record-spinning round and playing and then repeating. From time to time, colorful butterflies fluttered by; their pretty little wings like little dashes of paint that enliven the picturesque scene of the forest.

She extended her hand, and a blue butterfly perched on her finger. Its wings fluttered gently as she brought it close to her face. She smiled as she reached out and let the butterfly disappeared out of sight.

She hummed as she continued to walk; her voice low and melodious. Her humming attracted a few birds as they perched there on the branches, peering at her curiously with their heads to the side.

Who said witches were scary? She certainly didn't seem so. She was carefree and cheerful. She was intelligent yet still naive in her own ways. She seemed just like any other women. Except for the magic part.

Magic. Right. Ever since she was born, she had the special ability. Her mother, when the woman was alive, told her that it was a gift only few possessed. Yet that gift seemed to lead to her own parents' downfall when they were executed for witchcraft when she was 11.

She was living in a different time, when her ability didn't guarantee her a trip to the stake. But still she lived under obscure, hiding her power when necessary and ignoring the looks the some villagers gave her. They were probably afraid she'd eat their children or something.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard footsteps. She looked up and was taken aback when she saw a white horse emerging from a bush some distance away.

Curious, she slowly approached the horse. It was a beautiful white horse. Its fur coat seemed to shine in the sunlight, and its mane so thick and soft that it could be mistaken for cotton.

"Easy there." She said as she put her hand on its head and rubbed gently. She had always have a way with animals, another reason why she loved the forest.

The horse seemed uneasy as it stomped its feet and snorted loudly. She petted it and checked for any injuries, yet the horse couldn't seem to stay still as it jerked its head toward the left.

Her head was to one side as she tried to figure out what the horse wanted. Her eyebrows furrowed when the horse started to walk towards the left direction where the river was located.

"Hmmm..." She mused as she followed the horse.

A while later she followed the horse out into the river. She used the river for washing and cleaning, so she was pretty familiar with the sight. She looked to her right, and saw the horse. It seemed to be searching for something.

She scanned the river, looking over the flowing water as she checked the rocks. Then she saw it: a person stuck between two large tree logs was lying there.

The sight of stranded visitors wasn't that uncommon, but there was something about this person that felt...different.

Seeing as there was no way she was going to get to the other side of the rushing current to drag the person out, she was going to have to use her specialty.

She focused, and mumbled a low incantation under her breath. She flicked her fingers, and suddenly the person slowly floated, out from the tree logs into the air like something was lifting him.

"Come to me." She said, and the person floated over to her and landed on the ground as if something carried him there.

It was a male, with some bruises and injuries. He probably fell from the cliff overhead, she mused, and the horse was his. The man was unsconcious, his luxurious-looking clothing drenched and his hair matted with tree branches.

She examined the man, her eyebrows furrowing as if she was looking at a foreign creature. Hyori might consider this man good-looking, she thought.

Bom flicked her finger again, using her magic to carry the man onto the horse's back. Then she grabbed the rein of the horse and led it to her home with the man on its back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND UNDERSTANDING! I HOPE I WON'T DISAPPOINT YOU GUYS WITH THIS STORY. THIS IS PROBABLY ONE OF THE FEW TIMES I TRY SOMETHING A LITTLE BIT FAIRY-TALE ISH SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY MISTAKES.

COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS! I KNOW I'M ONE OF THOSE AUTHORS THAT GET LAZY TO REPLY, BUT I WILL TRY TO REPLY TO YOUR THOUGHTS *PINKY PROMISE*

CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES IF YOU HAVEN'T.

THANKS AGAIN AND SEE YOU LATER!