02. A Q U A R I U M

A Hundred Ways to Love

Pairing; Donghae/Tiffany [HaeFany]

Word Count; 3,011


“What do you mean, you’re busy?” Donghae pouted at Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes. “Exactly that. I’m going to film Strong Heart today, you know that.”

“But today’s my birthday!” Donghae protested, refusing to give up.

“We already said that we’ll all celebrate tonight.” Eunhyuk reminded his best friend with an apologetic smile.

Donghae sighed heavily. “Who’s gonna go to the brand-new aquarium with me?”

“Teukie-hyung and Shindong-hyung are on Strong Heart, too. So, not them,” Eunhyuk shrugged, patting Donghae comfortingly on the back. “Sorry, Hae.”

“Super Junior KRY’s going to record a new song,” Kyuhyun said, slipping his shoes on by the front door.

“Heechul-hyung?” Donghae asked hopefully, going up to the older member.

Heechul frowned. “Recording new songs with Jungmo--sorry, kid.”

Donghae turned over to Sungmin, who was just entering the room. “Sungmin-hyung!”

“He’s going on a date.” Kyuhyun chuckled darkly.

“It’s not a date.” the shorter member glared fiercely.

“Sure, sure,” Kyuhyun waved his hand dismissively in the air with a big smirk on his face.

The childish dancer had one last hope. “Siwon~” he begged cutely.

Siwon ruffled his hair. “Are you really older than me?”

“Where do youhave to be?” Donghae asked curiously.

“Photoshoot,” the model responded simply. “Then I have a drama to film.”

“Of course,” Donghae muttered, looking down dejectedly.

“I’m really sorry.” Eunhyuk said again, giving Donghae a one-armed hug.

“It’s just...every one of my birthdays, you’ve all been busy.”

“Why don’t you try asking someone else who’s not in this group?” Leeteuk suggested, as most of Super Junior began to file out of the dorm.

“Like who?” Donghae lifted his head up.

The leader shrugged. “I heard that SNSD’s free today.”

"You heard, or are you stalking Taeyeon?" Eunhyuk smirked.

Leeteuk glared, pretending to smack Eunhyuk. "Aish, you..."

“Really?” Donghae asked, his spirits lifting, along with his head. His eyes began shining with renewed hope and joy.

“You could give them a call.” Eunhyuk said, tossing Donghae his phone.

Donghae shook his head and smiled cheerfully, throwing the phone back to its original owner. “I’ll just go to their dorm. Um, can someone give me a ride?”

Everyone bolted out of the door at rapid-fire speed, leaving only Leeteuk, Shindong, and Eunhyuk with Donghae.

“I guess we’re taking you there.” Eunhyuk sighed, grabbing his car keys. “Let’s go.”

“You’re the best.”

“Don’t you forget it,” Eunhyuk chuckled.

---

“I’ll get it.” a blonde-haired girl said aloud, racing to the front door.

Jessica opened it warily, peeking to see if it was a fan. She was surprised when she saw Donghae, and her face showed it. “Donghae-oppa!”

“Oh, hey, Sica!” Donghae flashed her a cute smile. “Can I come in?”

“Um, sure...” Jessica stepped aside, making room for Donghae to enter.

“Omo, Donghae-oppa?” Sunny asked, tilting her head in confusion. “What are you doing here?”

“Well,” Donghae began rocking on his heels. “As you all should know, it’s my birthday...” he said, emphasizing the last word.

“Duh, we’re going to your party tonight.” Jessica laughed, punching Donghae playfully in the arm.

Donghae smiled and continued, “All the other Super Junior members have schedules today, except me.”

“Wow, that’s weird.” Sunny remarked. “Well, I gotta go. Sica, tell Taeyeon I’ll be back soon.”

Jessica waved as Sunny walked out of the dorm. “Be safe! Yah, don’t talk to strangers, remember!”

Donghae chuckled. Jessica slammed the door shut. “So, what were you saying?”

“Oh, right. So, Eunhyuk had originally promised to go to the aquarium with me, but he’s busy with some filming. I was wondering if any of the girls were free.” Donghae smiled eagerly.

Jessica’s frowned and Donghae’s face fell almost instantaneously. “Ah, I’m sorry, oppa...Sooyoung, Yuri, Seohyun, Hyoyeon, and I have a SPAO photoshoot in an hour.”

By now, the other girls had assembled in the room.

“I have vocal lessons.” Taeyeon pouted. “I really wanted to go to that new aquarium, too!”

“Yoong~” Donghae called to the brunette cutely. “What are you doing today?”

She smiled guiltily. “A photoshoot with Siwon-oppa. I’m really sorry, oppa!”

“I should’ve known.” Donghae folded his arms and pouted.

“Hey, I’m free!”

Donghae peeked behind Yoona and saw Tiffany smiling brightly. “Tiffany! Really? You are? You’re not kidding?”

Tiffany laughed. “I’m not kidding!”

Donghae, overjoyed, embraced Tiffany tightly. “Thank you so much, Tiffany! You’re the ultimate best!”

Sooyoung snickered and coughed. “Get a room, please.”

Yuri pushed the shikshin out of the way and shoved popcorn into . “Shush, it’s just getting good!”

Hyoyeon looked at Yuri suspiciously. “Kwon Yuri, what the heck is wrong with you?”

“Hey, hey, I’m just watching the show.”

Hyoyeon shrugged, rolled her eyes, and ignored the strange girl.

Well,” Taeyeon cleared loudly, causing Donghae and Tiffany to break their hug awkwardly. “We’ll all be going now, so you two have fun at the aquarium!”

“Not too much fun,” Jessica teased, winking at the pair.

“Jess,” Tiffany blushed, glancing at an innocent-looking Donghae, who hadn’t even been paying attention to a word Jessica was saying.

“Alright, we’ll be leaving now!” Yoona grinned at the two.

Taeyeon pulled Donghae aside and whispered into his ear, “Do not hurt Tiffany. I’m trusting you, got it?”

Donghae, a bit confused, did nothing more than nod firmly. He had not a single clue what Taeyeon threatened him about, but decided to forget about it and focus on his day. It was his day, and he would be spending it with a good friend.

He smiled at Tiffany and took her hand, leading her to the door. “Let’s go~”

“Oppa, I need to get my purse first!”

Donghae huffed and dropped Tiffany’s hand, letting her run to her room. “Girls are their purses,” he mumbled, with a slight shake of his head.

---

“It’s so big!” Tiffany breathed, amazed.

“Yep,” Donghae agreed, staring up at the dome ceiling made of intricate glass.

The glass was designed to change colors throughout the day as the sun moved across the sky. It was beautiful, and anyone who walked into the aquarium would pause for a few minutes to stare in wonder. Donghae looked behind his shoulder at the entrance, where a small group of people were entranced by the ceiling. He chuckled softly to himself and turned back to face forward.

When they made it to the front of the ticket line, Tiffany began ping her purse, but Donghae stopped her. “Hey, it’s fine.”

Tiffany shook her head. “I can’t let you do that.”

“My treat!”

“But it’s your birthday!”

The man at the counter chuckled at them. “My, you two are an interesting couple.”

“No, it’s not like that.” Donghae insisted, feeling his face grow hot.

“We’re um, just friends.” Tiffany added, also turning an embarrassing shade of pink.

Minutes later, the two were walking through the many exhibits the aquarium had to offer. A trio of children ran pass them, laughing merrily.

“I can’t believe you paid.” Tiffany said, making an expression of displeasure.

“I’m the guy.” Donghae grinned, nudging Tiffany gently in the side.

“But it’s your birthday!” Tiffany repeated, a slight pout forming on her face. “Oh, and since I haven’t said it yet...” she gave Donghae her best eye-smile, “Happy Birthday, Donghae-oppa.”

“Thanks, Tiff,” Donghae was still grinning madly. “You’re the first person to say that. Well, besides Eunhyuk, of course.”

Tiffany laughed and pulled Donghae along. “Look, jellyfish!”

They spent most of the day admiring the unique and bizarre species of fish, some from exotic places around the world. There were a few exhibits that had turtles or dolphins or simpler creatures, like starfish. The pair couldn’t help but notice lots of young children running around joyfully, like the trio from earlier. Every exhibit was buzzing with noise, but it was all in all, a good atmosphere.

Much to Tiffany’s dismay, Donghae also paid for lunch, when the time came. Tiffany sighed when he did; he really was a stubborn person, but a gentleman, nonetheless. She would have to remind herself to pay him back later.

She found herself smiling the whole time she and Donghae roamed the beautiful building. Tiffany felt like she was a kid again when she was with Donghae. It was a wonderful feeling that she wasn’t used to often. Tiffany observed that Donghae was also enjoying himself very much, and that made her glad.

“Clownfish!” Donghae exclaimed, pressing his face up against the glass. “Mom, Dad, can you hear me?”

Tiffany giggled at his cute, yet immature actions. “Yah, Donghae, you’re not a fish. You know that, right?”

“Yes, I am.” Donghae said firmly, puffing his chest out.

“Now you look like Siwon-oppa when he walks.” Tiffany laughed, a melodious sound escaping from her lips.

Donghae resumed his normal stance. “Better?”

Tiffany nodded cheerily, her ponytail bouncing slightly.

“UWAHH! DONGHAE-OPPA!”

“TIFFANY-NOONA!”

The two idols froze. Donghae grabbed Tiffany’s hand and sprinted away from the clownfish. Tiffany turned her head back to see if they were being approached. She gasped. A massive horde of teen girls, boys, and older men and women were in pursuit of the two.

Donghae yanked open an unlocked supply closet and pushed Tiffany in before entering himself. He shut the door quickly and flicked a switch. A tiny light bulb barely illuminated the closet and the only sounds were the twos’ heavy breathing. They listened closer, and heard distant yells.

“A-Are they gone?” Tiffany asked, breathless.

“I don’t wanna check.” Donghae said after he caught his breath, still panting a bit. He chuckled. “Wow, I guess we should’ve planned for that.”

“Yeah, we didn’t think that through, huh?” Tiffany cracked a smile, trying to lighten the mood.

“Great, now there’ll be tons of rumors and scandals.” Donghae sighed and looked at Tiffany apologetically. “Sorry, Tiff.”

Tiffany suddenly realized how close she was to Donghae. The supply closet was only meant for one person, and they were two people. She swallowed nervously, feeling her face grow extremely hot.

“Tiffany, are you okay?” Donghae asked worriedly. He touched her forehead with the back of his palm. “You’re warm.”

Tiffany bit her cheek to hold back from letting out a squeal once he made contact with her skin. “Uh, um, yeah, I’m fine. Thanks.”

Donghae, ever so stubborn, frowned. “Are you sure?”

Tiffany gave him a tiny nod and looked down, so she wouldn’t have to meet his eyes.

Do I like him? Tiffany asked herself. No, no...Yoona likes him, doesn’t she? That goes against girl rules, everyone knows that!

Donghae tried the doorknob, rattling it. He turned it and turned it again and again, failing each time in succession. “Uh, Tiff?”

“What’s up?” Tiffany asked, trying to peer around Donghae.

“We’re locked in.”

Tiffany squeaked involuntarily. This was bad. “This is bad. This is very, very, very bad.”

Donghae kicked the door, to no avail. “It’s really stuck.” he smiled remorsefully at Tiffany. “This is all my fault.”

“Don’t blame yourself for something stupid like that.” Tiffany sat on the floor with her legs tucked in. Donghae joined her, and they both sat side-by-side, close together.

“Well, this was fun.” he sighed, content.

She opened and let out a yawn. Donghae turned his head to look at her. “Tired?”

Tiffany nodded slowly and her head unconsciously began hovering over Donghae’s shoulder. “You don’t mind if I...just sleep for a few minutes, do you?” she asked hesitantly.

Donghae smiled and patted his shoulder, indicating for her to lay her head on it. “Not at all.”

---

A few minutes turned into half an hour quickly. Donghae checked his phone, pulling it out of his pocket with some difficulty: One hour until closing time.

Donghae looked around warily, hearing a small growl. He quickly realized that it was Tiffany’s light snore. He laughed silently.

“Cute,” he muttered, poking her cheek once.

At once, he realized his error. He pulled his finger away from her face. “Donghae, what are you doing? She’s your friend, you idiot.” he reminded himself, feeling a bit of strange sadness.

Tiffany blinked her eyes open and rubbed the sleep out of them. “Donghae-oppa? W-Where are we?”

Donghae let out a little laugh at her forgetfulness. “A supply closet at the aquarium.”

“What? Why are we here?” she asked, completely bewildered.

“Wow, you’re really forgetful.” Donghae teased.

“Why am I here with you? What happened?” Tiffany asked again, clearly lost, beginning to sit up.

Donghae patted her head affectionately. “Everything’s fine.”

Tiffany laid her head back on Donghae’s shoulder, unsure. “Oh, well, okay...”

“By the way, thanks for giving me an awesome birthday.” Donghae smiled genuinely.

Tiffany leaned over and gave him a quick peck on the lips. “It’s nothing.”

Donghae’s eyes widened and his hand went over his mouth, in shock, in surprise, in happiness, in confusion, and a million other emotions he couldn’t quite figure out.

Did she just...?

Just then, bright light flooded into the closet. Donghae blinked his eyes a few times, adjusting them to the brightness that he had been deprived of for a while. The closet door had been flung wide open, and Eunhyuk was standing there, wearing his signature gummy smile.

“Eunhyuk?”  Donghae cried in disbelief. He stood up and pulled Tiffany up with him. “Where’d you come from?”

“Oh, you know; places...” Eunhyuk shrugged cryptically, smiling. “How was the closet?”

Donghae frowned and punched his friend in the shoulder. “Not funny.”

“Sorry ‘bout that. I was in charge of stalling you guys, so the others could get the party set up.” Eunhyuk grinned.

“Well, couldn’t you have done it some other way?” Donghae glared.

Tiffany seemed to fully awaken at that moment. “Huh? We got out of the closet?” she noticed Eunhyuk and furrowed her eyebrows. “Eunhyuk-oppa...?”

Eunhyuk threw an arm around the pair and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at Donghae. “So what happened in that closet?”

“Nothing,” Tiffany responded honestly, looking earnestly at Donghae.

Donghae looked away nervously and felt his face heat up.

“Wow, way to make it more obvious, Hae.” Eunhyuk snickered at his best friend.

“What?” Tiffany asked innocently.

“N-Nothing,” Donghae stammered.

Tiffany pouted and walked ahead. “Fine then.”

“Tiffany, wait!” Donghae called after her.

“Better catch up with her.” Eunhyuk said, clapping his friend on the shoulder and giving him a little shove.

Donghae nodded and caught up to Tiffany easily, being more athletic than her. “Tiff, I’ll explain.”

“Then explain.” Tiffany retorted.

“When you woke up...” Donghae started nervously, “Well, you were still kind of asleep, I think.”

Tiffany frowned. “Taeyeon says that sometimes, when I wake up, it takes me a few minutes to kind of get my mind straight. So what’d I do?”

“Uh, you...” Donghae scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. “You...um...”

“Tell me!” Tiffany urged. “I wanna know!”

Donghae stayed quiet and tried to sort out his thoughts.

“Please?”

Donghae sighed, weak to girls’ cuteness--mostly Tiffany’s cuteness--and stopped walking. He faced Tiffany. “You kissed me.”

Many emotions were intermingled into Tiffany’s frozen expression, but the one that stood out most was pure shock.

“I...Are you serious?”

Donghae nodded honestly, not knowing what to do. “Yeah.”

“W-Was it on the cheek or...?” Tiffany trailed off, being abnormally quiet.

“...No, it wasn’t on the cheek.” Donghae answered finally, after struggling to get the words out.

Tiffany buried her face in her hands. “You probably hate me now.”

“No, I’d never hate you!” Donghae removed Tiffany’s hands from her face and gave her a tiny smile. “I actually...”

“You what?” Tiffany asked, biting her lip nervously.

Eunhyuk stepped in between the two and intervened. Glancing sideways at Tiffany, he said, “Hae likes you, a lot. Maybe to the point of loving...It’s actually kind of unsure right now, so I’m just making a guess.”

Tiffany gasped quietly. “Y-You do?”

Donghae glared at Eunhyuk fiercely. “Lee Hyukjae, I am going to KILL you.”

Eunhyuk grinned. “I don’t think so, Donghae. You’ll thank me in the long run.” he ran straight for the parking lot and left the couple to themselves.

“Do you?” Tiffany repeated.

There’s no point in lying now...Donghae told himself. “Y-Yeah.” he stuttered, feeling odd. He was acting shy around Tiffany, and he usually never was. The bizarre sensation made him feel tingly and nervous all over.

Tiffany shrugged. “I thought you liked Yoona or something.”

“Nah,” Donghae chuckled, “I thought you liked someone else, too. Siwon, it seemed like sometimes. You were really close with a lot of the guys from 2PM too, weren’t you? And you were always talking to Onew--”

Tiffany exhaled sharply and smiled, taking Donghae’s hands so he would stop rambling. “I don’t. I...I like you.”

Was Donghae hearing right? He blinked a few times, taking in her words. After they fully processed into his head, his face broke out into a wide grin. “Are you serious?”

Tiffany nodded shyly.

Donghae smothered the girl in another tight hug. “Oh, god, you don’t know how long I’ve kinda been waiting for you to say that.”

Tiffany laughed and the sound was suddenly the most beautiful music to Donghae’s ears. “Really?”

“Really.”

“I’m glad then.”

“You made this the best birthday ever, Tiff.” Donghae grinned.

Tiffany rolled her eyes. “That’s exaggerating.”

Donghae laughed at her and released her, holding her hand, smiling like he won the lottery. “Can we do this now?”

Tiffany gave him another adorable eye-smile. “If you want to, Donghae.”

Eunhyuk drove his car next to the two. “Hey, lovebirds, we have a party to get to! I’m not getting paid to do this, y’know.”

Donghae ignored Eunhyuk’s comments of complaint and opened the door for Tiffany, letting her enter first. He situated himself in the backseat with her as Eunhyuk drove off at a crazy speed the instant the door was closed.

“Thanks, Eunhyuk.” Donghae said, breaking the silence. He grinned. “I owe you one.”

Eunhyuk flashed the new couple a grin. “Told you you’d thank me, didn’t I?”

“Saranghae, Fany~”

“Aw, saranghae, Donghae~”

Eunhyuk groaned at them through the rearview mirror. “Please, not in my car, guys; gross.”


I think you should all know by now who's making the banners. :)

Goodness, I'm giving up sleep to update, 'cause I love you all so much. It's almost 5AM here...and Clo, if you're reading this, don't nag me to sleep. XD

Anyway, I AM SO SORRY FOR THIS FAIL ONE-SHOT. This is my first HaeFany, besides writing a little of it in Scandalous--gah. It's so many more words, which is why it took me longer to update. So sorry 'bout that. I was editing and re-writing bits. :P

I also really hope that maybe this one-shot could help make HaeFany more popular? :) They're really such a cute and sweet couple, if you give them a chance. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed this, even if you don't support these two together.

I remember a friend of mine saying that it's not about the pairing, but the actual story. So very true~

And 41 subscribers. T~T What can I possibly do to thank all of you?

Comment Replies:

@--ethereal: Of course you're awesome, Tammy. ;D And aaahh, thank you so much! <3

@Nilam-: You do? :D That's so great; I'm glad! Thank you~ And yes, there will be different POVs; I haven't written all of them yet, but the next SeoKyu will be in Seo's POV. :)

@awesomegurl4518: Really? Wahh, thank you so much! :D Hehe, you guessed wrong, but that's okay. Updated!

@chococcino30: Hehe, thank you for the comment. (:

@kyutie13: Ah, thank you, thank you, so much! :D I'm happy this made you smile! <3

@Tikatikolala: Haha, yes! Mm, sorry, unnie, you're wrong. :) But nice guesses!

@chinkyasian: Olivia! 8D You really loved it? Yay! And updated. ;)

@sonelforever: LOL, yeah, Sungmin's the best. XD And you're wrong about the Ramen one, but you got Ice Cream right. :) Updated! And so sorry for not updating Scandalous--that's gonna be updated veery soon.

@seokykyu: Updated! Thanks for the comment. :3 And yes, I hope so too, hehe.

@StrawberryFantasy: And I updated again while you're in bed--sorry, sis! x) Ah, really?! YAY! I did it right then. :D And lol, yeah, that's all he can make apparently. Yeah, I wonder too. 'Cause I have no clue. XD And yups, I got 'em. I need to send you pics to make the last two though, ahh~

@SuGenLover: Well, Kyu can be cute sometimes. :) KYUte. XD Thanks a lot, unnie!

@Shyakira: Ah, don't worry, that's what I plan to do. :)

@KPOPfan619: Thank you so much! :D Updated~ Thanks for being supportive~

@moonGY: Kate-dongsaeng! :) Thanks a lot! And SunSun's coming real soon, don't worry! <3

@athenagirl7000: Poor leader, lol. XD Updated! Thanks for the comment, Ami. :3