03. R O S E

A Hundred Ways to Love

Pairing; Donghae/Tiffany [HaeFany]

Word Count; 1,012


Tiffany woke up on a sunny, summer Saturday morning, feeling particularly grouchy. She rose from her bed almost robotically, wanting to hit something, which was odd for the usually cheery and peppy girl.

She had gotten probably three hours of sleep, at the most. It wasn’t because of their schedules running late, oh no. Rather, it was because of the girls’ sneaking their boyfriends to the dorm, despite the rule that boys were not allowed in girls’ dorms. As idols, it wasn’t safe to always go out to places. Paparazzi and fans would spot you and start ridiculous rumors, and scandals that would be heard to block would break out.

Tiffany was annoyed. She wasn’t jealous that she didn’t have a boyfriend. She didn’t even really care about romance, even though people thought that she was the member who was in love with the idea of love.

She exhaled, puffing on her bangs hanging over her face. Lately, it seemed that she was seeing her best friends less and less, because they were in relationships. The previous night, she tried telling the couples to quiet down so she could get some much-needed rest, but no one understood the meaning of quiet.

It didn’t help that there was at least one couple cuddling and kissing on the couch. Tiffany thought back to the night, trying to remember.

Last night, it was Taeyeon and Leeteuk.

She shuddered at the image. She loved Taeyeon, and Leeteuk was a good guy, but she didn’t front-row seats to the whole show. Tiffany couldn’t even watch her favorite drama. She completely missed the entire episode, because she was too busy tossing dirty looks at the leaders and telling them to shut up so she could hear the actors.

Turning up the volume didn’t even help. Sunny had moved on from acoustic guitar, having completely mastered it. Sungmin was teaching her the electric guitar now, and they just insisted on practicing in the living room.

Lovely.

Tiffany never found herself getting annoyed and angry at her friends. Instead, she felt bitter and jealous. She let out a sigh and glanced around her familiar pink bedroom, feeling a wave of loneliness wash over her.

She used to be glad that she got her own room. She would always have privacy and be able to sort out her thoughts, practice singing, write, or do whatever she felt at the moment. Now, Tiffany only wanted companionship. She was secretly glad that all of the girls were going to the recording studio together today.

Turning her eyes over to her desk, which she didn’t use much, she spotted a flash of vividly brilliant scarlet red. Frowning, she slowly climbed out of her bed and trooped over to the mysterious object.

Tiffany picked it up - a red rose. It was a bit wilted, and she immediately wondered how long it had been there. A day? A few hours? Tiffany was no expert with flowers, but she knew that it had to be recent. Inhaling, she smelled a sweet scene emanating from it, bringing a small smile to her lips automatically.

She glanced down and noticed that there was a small note card by it. Tiffany picked it up tenderly, holding it close to her face:

Tiff,

Are you as sick of all the couples as I am?

It was kind of lonely at the dorm last night!

Here’s something to brighten your morning...

Cheer up! Tiffany, hwaiting!

Donghae-oppa <3

P.S. Let’s get away from those couples and hang out soon. ;)

Tiffany smiled to herself, laying the rose down gently. He always knew how to make her feel better, didn’t he?

“Fany,” Taeyeon poked her head into the room, raising an eyebrow. “Did you just get up?”

Tiffany nodded and shrugged, “Sorry, I would have gotten up earlier, but I was really tired.”

Taeyeon frowned and walked forward to hug the younger girl. “Sorry about last night. You were probably really mad at all of us, huh?” she grinned.

Tiffany shook her head, smiling. “No, it’s fine. I’m fine now.”

Taeyeon held Tiffany by the shoulders at arm’s length. “We need to get you a boyfriend!”

“No, really - it’s fine, Taeng.” Tiffany pouted, making a face of obvious displeasure.

Taeyeon glanced at the rose lying on the desk and snatched the note card out of Tiffany’s hand. She smirked slightly, her eyes skimming over the words. “I see. You already have a boyfriend.”

Tiffany flushed. “He’s not--”

“And you didn’t tell me?”

“Because he’s not--”

“Sure, sure, whatever you say,” Taeyeon said dismissively, waving her hand airily. “Let’s go eat breakfast now, I’m starved!”

Tiffany’s eyes widened. “Did Sica cook?”

“God, no, do you want us to die? Taeyeon joked with a playful smile. “Yuri did!”

Tiffany let out a sigh of relief, smiling also, and followed Taeyeon to the kitchen, clutching Donghae’s note tightly in her hand. As she greeted the other girls upon entering the kitchen, she ate quietly, keeping to herself. Tiffany found herself unable to erase the small smile permanently plastered on her face the whole day, though.

She refused to admit that this was any sort of special feeling; Donghae was a best friend, the kind that was excellent at cheering her up. He was not a possible love interest - that was completely out of the question.

“You know, he sent you a red rose.” Jessica told Tiffany later that night, as the two girls watched American TV.

“And,” Tiffany raised an eyebrow, flicking through the channels. “Why does that matter?”

“Tiff, for a romantic, you really are oblivious when these things happen to you.”

“Donghae’s just being nice.” Tiffany insisted, still not getting the full meaning of Jessica’s cryptic words.

“Well, he’s extraordinarily nice to you, isn’t he?” Jessica winked.

As if by some mysterious, strange force, Tiffany’s phone made a high-pitched twinkling sound and Jessica just sat there with her legs crossed, smiling. “Well, see who it is!”

Red roses are pretty, aren’t they? :)

But not as pretty as you!

Fishy


I had to update before it hit a month; sorry for the wait.

And I hope some of these HaeFany fics makes you like the pairing or even appreciate them.

What I'm trying to do out of this story is make some pairings more popular - one of them being HaeFany. :)

They deserve a little love, you know?

So even if you don't like them...

Give them a chance.

Did you know I used to hate SeoKyu?

But now, they're one of my favorite pairings.

Enough with this rant - I hope you enjoyed this, REGARDLESS of the pairing.

And for those waiting for TaeTeuk, it's COMING! Just be patient, please? :)

And if this little one-shot wasn't up to par with your expectations, I'm sorry...

I wrote it last night when I felt sad over Heechul leaving. ;_;

Okay, author rant, done!

Comment Replies:

@--ethereal: Tammy, you rock for being my first commenter! x) And awh, I'm glad you liked it! <3 Updated!

@kyufever: Thanks so, so much, Fitri! :) HeeSica's coming up next, and threre's more SeoKyu to come! ^^ Wow, thanks so much~

@TiHae4ever: WAHH, SHYNE! <3 Glad you liked the SeoKyu AND the HaeFany! <3 Your opinion matters most for the HaeFany one. XD You rock too, Shyne! ;D And the huddling thing, I love that. x) Hehe, so glad you love this!

@sone_elf_forever: Hey, thanks for the comment! (: Glad you liked those two! <3

@jinnie: Thank you! Updated!

@kpop97queen: Updated!

@chococcino30: Wow, really? THANK YOU! :D I'm glad you liked it, even if you don't ship them~

@chinkyasian: It was pretty obvious, right? x) No problem! THANK YOU! <3 I'm really, really happy that you liked it. (:

@StrawberryFantasy: Yup, I am. XD And hehe, yup, I snuck some SunSun in there. XD /bad author/ WAHH, GLAD YOU THOUGHT IT WAS CUTE! <3 I didn't fail then? :D

@iheartcandiii: Thanks! Actually, the Ramen one will be SeoKyu, and they'll actually have moments! ^^ Thanks so much!

@SuGenLover: I DID? 8D Awwh, I'm so happy! Thanks, unnie! <3

@athenagirl7000: Glad you thought it was cute even though you don't ship. XD TAETEUK'S COMING SOON, AMI! 8D

@TaeTeuk_lover: Aw, it's coming soon. Please be patient. ^^

@LittlemissBlue: Thank you! And hehe, TaeTeuk's coming~

@iamacoolkid: Thanks a bunch! <3

@HisJuliette: Thank you! (: And it's HaeFany. ^^ Thanks for the comment! <3 And TaeTeuk's coming...

@soshicharm: Wow, thanks! :D No problem, but I need to be thanking you. ;) I've updated; thanks for the encouragement!