Annoying kid

It's Never Too Late

Sunday:

Chaerin's POV

*Ring! Ring!*

My phone rang. WHYYY?! It's a Sunday! I slept so late last night. Can people have the decency to let me sleep?!

I checked who it was. Oh, it was Dalong. What does she want?

"Mm?" I answered the phone groggily.

"Omo! Did I wake you up? Sorry Pudong!!" Dara exclaimed

"What is it?" I asked

"Really sorry I woke you up! I just want to ask, are you free on Wednesday, 7 pm?"

"I'm working that day, why?" I sat up on my bed.

"It's the opening of Youngbae's cafe. And guess where it's located? Across the YG building!"

"Oh so he owns THAT cafe? How come I didn't know of this?"

"Ah, he decided to keep it a secret to everyone. It's a surprise for me..."she giggled "He named the cafe after me! Isn't he sweet? So can you come? It's just across the street!" she persuaded.

 "If it's just right across the street, I guess I can pop in. But I can't stay for long. I have to be at the recording lab at 8 since Se7en is finally recording my song after decades"

"Oh. Okay. That's fine. Just be there! By the way, I heard about the reunion of Seunghyun and G-Dragon. Who knew they were childhood friends?"

"I know right? They were really happy to see each other. It was very touching"

"And I see you and Bommie were the masterminds of the grand reunion"

"It was mostly Bommie's work. I just helped with getting Jiyong-oppa to the location. Which reminds me, she hasn't given me my reward yet!"

"Ah, so you did all the work involving G-Dragon. So are you guys dating?"

"Dalong, not you too!"

"I'll take that as a yes"

"No! Take that as a no! We're not yet dating"

"Yet?!?! Omo! So you will be in a relationship sometime in the future?!?!"

Oh snap. Did I say 'yet'? "N-no!"

"Aiyooo. My husband Pudongie. Betraying me!"

"You're the one who betrayed me first!"

"Haha. So, do you really like him? Don't you dare lie to me!" she threatened.

"I don't know Dalong. He's so sweet lately. And," I sighed "...I always find myself hoping he'll always be like that to me." I mumbled.

"Omo!!! You like him Chaerin-ah!!!" she screamed. 

"But what if he's just giving me false hope? What if he's just generally sweet and kind to everyone? A lot of people in the company adore him 'cause he's a gentleman"

"Don't lose hope just yet Pudongie!! Bommie noticed how he looked at you yesterday. And I think there is a high chance he might like you back!"

They already gossiped about yesterday? "Ah these girls...."

"I have to go now! Goodluck with G-Dragon! And don't forget Wednesdaaaay!"

"I won't. Bye!"

Okay back to sleep.

HOLD ON A SEC. Did I just admit that I like the guy? Why would she have to ask me if I like him when I just woke up? I haven't even come to my senses yet! 

Now I can't go back to sleep anymore.

----

Wednesday:

Chaerin's POV

I entered Youngbae's cafe, Dara, holding a bouquet of flowers as a congratulatory gift. The cafe was packed already. The interior was tasteful and modern. The walls had murals. I smiled at the sight of the portrait of Dara painted on one corner of the wall. The soft lights and the pastel colored furnitures gave a very sophisticated yet relaxing atmosphere. I might drop by here often.

"Pudongieee! You're early. Minzy and Bom aren't here yet" Dara gave me a welcoming hug.

"Chaerin! Thanks for coming!" Youngbae greeted me with an eye-smile.

"Your place is nice! I'm impressed. Don't be surprised if I become a regular customer." I complimented

"Thanks Chaerin. We will be happy to have you as a regular customer. You can have whatever drink you like. It's on the house. What would you like?" Youngbae asked.

"Hmm...I'll have a hazelnut latte."

"Okay. Just wait at the table there. Your drink will be brought to you"

"Sorry Pudongie, I can't stay with you" Dara apologized "'cause Youngbae's parents are here" she whispered.

"I understand Dalong! Go impress them! Hwaiting!" I cheered her on.

"Thanks Pudong!" then she walked towards Youngbae's family.

"One large hazelnut latte for the pretty noona" one of the waiters put my latte on the table.

Uhh...Pretty noona? What? I looked up and I was greeted by a smiling young man. Hang on, I know who this is, "You're...you're...the annoying security guard!" I snapped my finger.

"Yes, I am. You're Lee Chaerin-noona, right? I'm glad you still remember me. But please don't remember me as the annoying security guard. My name's Kwon Young Don."

"Oh. Okay." I replied dryly. I expected him to leave already but he stayed stood in front of me,"You can go now., Young Don" I told him 

He suddenly outburst, "Please don't be mad at me anymore noona. I'm sorry about the other night! I was just sick and tired of the fangirls. You have to understand. You'll do the same if you were in my position!" he defended  "Can we start over again? I think you were really stunning that night. But that doesn't mean you're not stunning now."

Has this guy been possessed by some unknown entity? I'm seriously creeped out by his sudden friendliness.

"So can we be friends noona?" he asked again.

"As long as you distance your face a little away from my face first" I said. He noticed that his face was only 5 inches away from mine and he...blushed?

"Oh, sorry." he moved away  "Can we be friends now?"

This kid is really adamant! "Okay." I responded just so this conversation would end.

"Really?" he blinked. Why was he acting cute all of a sudden?

"Yes. Really. What are you doing here anyway? Aren't you a guard?" I took a sip of my drink

"Ah, this is my other part-time job." he scratched his head.

"Oh? How many jobs do you have?" I asked.

"Just 2. I work here on Wednesdays. Then Thursdays up to Sundays at the apartment. I want to find another one. I need a job for Mondays and Tuesdays. How about you noona? What do you do for a living?"

Wow. He's hardworking."Ah. I'm a producer. I work at the odd shaped building just right across the street"

"Wow! YG entertainment. So that's how you got to meet G-Dragon?"

"Ah yeah." I responded.

"Are you guys....dating?" he asked reluctantly.

"No we're not." I replied mindful not to blurt out 'yet' again.

"Oh I thought you were!" he beamed  "So...if you're a producer, you must be interested in music then?" 

"Yeah. I love making music" I stirred the drink.

"What else do you like apart from hazelnut latte and music?"

"Why do you want to know?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Ah, nothing. Just curious"

"Anyway, I have to run now. Nice to meet you again, Young Don"

"Is it possible to visit you to work noona?"

What kind of question was that? Why would he want to visit me?,"Ah, the security is stricter than you so I don't think that's possible"

"Oh... Okay. I'll see you later!"

"See you!"

That was a really weird second encounter. I mean, it's good that we're friends now. But, it's...WEIRD.

I walked up to Dalong who I can sense was a little bit tense standing in front of Youngbae's parents. I didn't want to interrupt their conversation and so I just texted her:

To: Dalong
From: Chaerinnie

Dalong, I have to head back to the building now. I don't want to be late.
Don't be too tensed and stiff! Relax a little!!! ^^


Saturday:

Jiyong's POV

This was one of those days when everything was just not going smoothly. Recording the last song was rough and I didn't get to see Chaerin today. What am I saying? I'm so tired....I need rest!

"G-Dragon-ssi, annyeong haseyo" the guard Chaerin hates greeted me.

"Annyeong haseyo" I greeted back.

"Uhm, G-Dragon?" he stopped me.

I sighed, "Yes?" What does he want? I'm desperate for my bed. I have no time for chit-chat!

"You're friends with Chaerin noona right?" he asked.

Noona? Weren't they enemies?

"Yeah. Why?" I asked in a suspicious tone.

"Can you pass this to her?" He handed me a unicorn stuffed toy.

Why would he want to give Chaerin a stuffed toy when they hate each other?

"No. Sorry." I gave the fluffy thing back to him and walked quickly to the elevator to avoid further annoyance from him.

"But G-Dra-" I heard him as the elevator door closed.

What is up with that guy and his sudden interest in Chaerin?! I was too tired to even ask.

Next day:

Jiyong's POV

YG-hyung called me to drop in early to his office today to discuss the preparations for my album. I only got to sleep for 3 hours and so I wasn't able to focus very well on what he said. I just nodded to every word he told me but did not understand any of it.

I was also reminded of a photoshoot I have today which I completely forgot and was not prepared for. I looked like a wreck. I was on my way outside when I saw Chaerin coming in to the building holding...the unicorn?!?

"Chaerin! It's Sunday. What are you doing here?" I asked. I suddenly got conscious of my physical appearance. Since when was I conscious of my appearance?!

"Hi Jiyong-oppa! I just came to pick up the jacket I left." she smiled.

"Where did you get the unicorn from?" I inquired although I already know where it came from.

"Oh, the guard ahjussi outside just gave this to me. He said someone wanted to give this to me..but I have no idea who. There's no card or anything."

"That stupid enemy of yours wanted to give that to you. I don't know how he knew where your workplace is because I didn't say a thing. He's stalking you Chaerin. Throw it away. There might be a bomb inside!"

She laughed at my statement of concern. "You mean Young Don? We're not enemies anymore, oppa. Weird, huh?"

"You know his name?! H-how? And how did he know where your workplace is?"

"He works at my friend's cafe right across the street. And I saw him at the opening. He started befriending me and apologized for what happened last week. Isn't it nice that we're friends now?"

"Yeah. Brilliant. I'm going." I responded laconically and left.

Stupid Chaerin being so adorable that even the stupid guard who used to hate her couldn't resist her. Stupid day. It's Sunday but I have to work.

Monday:

Chaerin's POV

I need to work on a song. I feel like I have been slacking off these past few days. I need inspiration....

[Flashback]

"You're, you're important to me, Chaerin"
"....can I...get a hug?"

[/end of flashback]

That's not the inspiration I'm looking for!!! Agh!! I ruffled my hair in frustration.

"Bad day, noona?"

Huh? "OHMYGOD. What the hell are you doing here, Young Don? Since when did you get in?" I fixed my hair.

"Ah, the door was open. I knocked, I swear. And uhh..this is my Monday and Tuesday job. A janitor here in YG entertainment. Since you said this is where you work, I decided to apply....'Cause, we're friends." he smiled shyly.

Is this kid following me or is he following me?!?!

"Ah...that's great...Young Don. But you know... friends, they don't necessarily have to be in the same workplace as each other." I explained.

"Do you not want me here, noona?"

"I-It's nothing like that!" what is with this kid? I still feel strange that he's friendly towards me and now he's working in the same building as me.

"Did you like the unicorn? I was the one who sent it."

I actually knew that already, "I'm not particularly fond of unicorns but thank you!" I replied.

"What do you like then? Tell me!"

Then the door opened, "Chae! I brought you food. Sorry about yesterday! Let's eat at the caf- what is HE doing here?"

Jiyong's POV

I felt bad for leaving Chaerin like that when she had no idea why I suddenly stormed off. I didn't know why I acted like that. But what I did was rude so I brought her a sandwich. I don't want another conflict with her again.

"Chae! I brought you food. Sorry about yesterday Let's eat at the caf- what is HE doing here?" What the hell is this stupid guard doing here? Was he stalking Chaerin?!

"Young Don? He's a new employee here, oppa." Chaerin answered.

"Yes G-Dragon-ssi. I am the new janitor." he waved an annoying wave at me.

"It's spotless here! Teddy-hyung's studio is a mess. Why don't you start there?!"
 

He ignored me, "I just want to ask if you're free tomorrow lunch, noona. Let's have lunch together!" the annoying kid asked Chaerin for lunch? Wow, he has guts! Goodluck kid, Chaerin only likes handsome people. And I can't think of anyone in this building who could fall into that category but me! Not to brag or anything but she said before my skin was perfect! 


I decided to answer for her, "No. She's not free tomorrow. She's eating lunch with me." 

"I am?" she asked confused.

"Yeah. Remember?" I winked at her to tell her to go along with it.

"Ah. Y-yeah. Sorry Young Don. I forgot I'm having lunch with Jiyong-oppa tomorrow." good. Chaerin is still on my side!

"Yeah. Young Don. There are pretty trainees and dancers here. Go ask them instead" I suggested.

"How about Wednesday, noona? At Youngbae hyung's cafe. I will prepare you something" the kid asked again. He's not giving up huh?!?!

"She's not free the whole week. Okay? She's working on something." I again, being a good friend who wanted to save her from this ultimate stalker, answered for her.

"I'm not asking you G-Dragon. I'm asking Chaerin-noona" he responded. How dare he talk to me that way?!

"Chae. Tell the CHlLD you're busy" I demanded.

"I guess I can stay for half an hour for coffee. I can't stay longer than that, though." she answered.

"Great!! That's perfectly fine. See you on Wednesday noona!" the stupid kid left the studio

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, CHAERIN? HE'S A CREEP! Why did you not say you're busy?!" I yelled hoping that it would shake her dysfunctional brain a little.

"I'm not THAT busy. And he just wants to have lunch with his new noona" she reasoned

"Do you think he actually sees you as a noona?!!! Open your cat-eyes Chaerin. He's hitting on you!!!" Ugh! Is she naive or what?!

"Alright, no need to shout at me..So what if he's hitting on me?" she muttered.

I calmed down a little and asked, "Does he have a chance?"

"He's cute" her terse and evasive answer annoyed me.

"Yes or no?!?!"

"Why do you keep raising your voice?! If I said yes or if I said no, it's none of your business!"

"None of my business?! We're friends Chaerin! I'm allowed to show concern! You should never agree on having lunch with that kind of guy. There is nothing 'CUTE' about his erted intentions!" I warned.

"Okay. FRIEND. Don't worry. It's not like he's gonna bring me to a dark alley. He's asking me to go to a coffee shop - a public place. If he ever tries to do something - which I doubt he would - I can just scream for help."

Wow. So she trusted the creepy guy already. I can't believe this..."Here's your sandwich. Have mine as well. I lost my appetite. Don't talk to me until you cancel the Wednesday lunch with that kid." I literally threw the sandwiches on her table. Then I walked out.

Did she not know how dangerous a  HALF AN HOUR lunch is? Half an hour is 1800 seconds! That is equivalent to FOREVER! What if that ert Young Don takes advantage of her during that massive span of time?!


Chaerin's POV

"Wait! You're not gonna eat?!" I asked but he closed the door already.

Oh here he goes again....What's with Kwon Jiyong? He's acting like a kid again.

Is he jealous?

Chaerin, don't assume too much...

But is he?

What exactly is on your mind Jiyong-oppa?

---------

Sorry if the chapter is all dialouge-y and lacking of narration and crappy. 

Is Kwon Young Don CL's partner in Go Away or is it Kwon Young Deuk? I'm confused. I know a lot of people know this already but ya know, I don't know the Kwon Twins very well. LOLOL.

So yes, Chaerin finally realizes her feelings for Jiyong. But Jiyong hasn't realized his yet. Isn't it ironic that even if Chaerin had no experience in love, she was the first one to realize?

but Jiyong is jealous and always uses the 'friend' card. HAHA