MEMORIES OF THE PAST

ITS HARD TO SAY GOODBYE TO YESTERDAY

And it didn't take many hours to Renee to understand what Myungsoo meant. She was walking towards the city center when the school ended and saw Myungsoo going to a flower shop.

"Hmm? Why is he going to the flower shop?" She asked herself and started to wonder. Renee decided to stay waiting for him to come out.  It took only 5minutes to Myungsoo to buy his flowers and he stepped out of the shop, he didn't even notice Renee at first.

"Yo!" Renee yelled after him. Myungsoo turned around and saw Renee waving at him, he started to panic and started to hide the beautiful flowers he bought.
"Myungsoo, I saw what you bought, don't need to hide them" Renee said. Myungsoo took the flowers behind his back and sighted.
"Beautiful ones though..." Renee looked at the flowers, then continued: "For your girlfriend or something?"
"No" Myungsoo said.
"Really? who are these for then?" Renee got curious.
"None of your bussiness" He answered, turned around and started to walk away, leaving Renee watching after him dumbfounded.
"None of my bussiness, huh?!" Renee thought and got a bit angry to Myungsoo. But she ran after him again. Myungsoo noticed it and said to her:
"Go away"
"I'm not leaving anywhere before you tell me something"
"Why would I tell you anything?"
"Because we are friends!" Renee yelled at him. Myungsoo was speechless, he didn't know what to answer, so he just stared at Renee for a while and then said:
"Come" Renee followed him and they went to the closest cafe.

-------------------------------

After buying cup of coffees, Renee wanted a explanation for Myungsoo's behaviour.

"I'm really curious why you act the way you act towards everyone else than Sungyeol... and of course explanation for those flowers, since it seems to be a secret or something" Renee started and took a sip of her coffee.
"Can I trust you?" He asked. The tone in his voice sounded different than usually.
"Of course, whatever you say, I'm not going to tell it to anyone" Renee promised.
"Good... oh god where should I start...."
"How about those flowers?"
"Well they are for my parents..."
"Is it their anniversary day or something?" Renee asked before Myungsoo could end his sentence.
"No... it has been 4 years of their death" He said. Renee got shocked, she really thought that his parents are still alive. Myungsoo never had talken about them, so that would make sense.
"I'm so sorry to hear that....." She said and started to regret her question.
"Its okay, I was heading out to the cemetery with these flowers... they were my mother's favourites" He said and looked at the flowers.
"Do you want me to come with you?" She asked from him.
"However you want" He answered. Renee was expecting a no for a answer, but it was a relief that she could decide if she wanted to go with him. She thought that since Sungyeol isn't around, he could need a friend.
"I usually don't ask a lot, but lately I have been interested in your relationship with Sungyeol. Why does it differ from the us others? Have we done something bad?" Renee kept asking questions from Myungsoo.
"No you haven't, yet. Its just that I trust him more than I trust you others"
"Why is that?" Renee asked again.
"Trying to make me annoyed with all of your questions??" He suddenly asked and raised his eyebrow.
"Not really.. Like I said, I'm interested and I think I have the right to know"
"I won't tell you more. I don't want more people to judge me" He said. Renee couldn't understand what he meant by that, so she said:
"Myungsoo, trust me." And looked straight at Myungsoo's eyes. Myungsoo stared at Renee's eyes too and after a moment of silence, he said:
"Okay then, it seems like you won't let me leave before I tell you.."
"Exactly" She answered.
 "WelI don't know how to start this....." He said and thought a while and then continued: "Actually meeting Sungyeol has something to do with my parent's death. It was exaclty the day four years back when I was playing outside with my so called friends back then. It was getting late and I headed back to home and then I saw it. Our whole house was on fire." He stopped for a moment to see Renee's reaction. Renee was listening carefully and made a sign that he could continue his story.
"Of course I went in to panic and ran in the house to see if my parents were okay. As soon as I got in, something dropped right on top of me and I fell down and hit my head. Unfortunately I passed out." He sighted.
"What happened then? How did you get out of the house and what about your parents??" Renee asked curiously.
"I don't exaclty know how long I had been passed out, but I woke up in a ambulance and I saw this boy with a black hair that I didn't know, talking with the ambulance men."
"Sungyeol?"
"Yes. But first thing that came into my mind when I woke up was that where my parents were, I couldn't see them in the ambulance. And then they told me that they were gone with our house, that I was the only survivor. And they also told me that I would have died if Sungyeol didn't save me."
"Oh my god... that is so horrible... but how did he save you?"
"Since our house was a bit out of the main streets, there was a road close which was used by some joggers. He told me later that he was walking there and when he noticed that my house was on fire, he called the firefighters and such. They told him to look closer if there was anyone outside, so he was running in front yard and then saw me running to my house. Sungyeol said also that he had yelled after me not to go inside, but I didn't hear him. He bravely ran after me and when he saw me lying on the floor, he dragged me out of the house."
"Wow... I never knew this.... Sungyeol really is brave... but what about your parents?"
"They said that they wouldn't have had a chance to survive in the point when me and Sungyeol ran in the house..."
"I'm really sorry...." Renee said again and her eyes got teary.
"DON'T YOU DARE TO CRY!" Myungsoo yelled at her, making the whole cafe look at them.
"I'M NOT CRYING! its just touching story....I don't know what to say.... but how does your behaviour have to do with this?"
"Its that after policed searched through our house, they didn't find anything that would have to do something with an accident. And because on that night, I had few matches on my pocket, they decided to blame me."
"WHAT? Why would you burn your house and parents alive in the first place?!?" Renee yelled.
"I know right...they just didn't have anything else to blame. So after everyone had heard about that, my friends, relatives, well mostly everyone I knew at that time turned their backs at me. Of course they would believe the polices more than my word."
"That is ridiculous!! You were left alone when you needed people the most...."
"Not alone. The only one who were there for me was Sungyeol. He was there right from the beginning, he never left my side. Even though he told that he saw me running to my house to save my parents, the polices didn't even believe him..."
"Now I understand the value of your relationship. Because people didn't believe you, you kinda lost the trust in them, right? The one and only you could trust was Sungyeol." Renee said.
"Exactly. I still can't trust anyone else than him, so that is why I havent builded a great relationship with anyone else than him."
"I understand, I'm sorry for making you to go through all these happenings again" Renee apologized, somehow she regretted to ask him what happened, now she was the third one to keep this secret from everyone.
"I think it was good for me to go through this again, thank you for listening, friend" He said and smiled at Renee. It was the first time he did that, so Renee felt special and smiled back at him saying:
"No problem, I'm here to listen anytime you want"
"Good to hear. Should we go to the cemetery now, the flowers are getting dry..." He suggested.
"Lets go then!" And they left the cafe together, talking more than they have ever talked with each others.

---------------------

Few days later, Renee woke up to a phone call from Emily:

"How dare you call me at this early on saturday morning!!!!!" Renee answered to her phone.
"I'M SORRY! BUT ITS URGENT!!" Emily yelled to the phone.
"STOP YELLING MY HEAD ACHES ALREADY EVEN WITHOUT IT"
"SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY!!" Emily yelled back, even Abigail woke up now.
"WHAT?"
"I was jogging past Sunggyu's house and I saw them carrying him to the ambulance!"
"ARE U SERIOUS?" Renee yelled and Abigail raised her eyebrow at her.
"YES!"
"IS HE OKAY? WHAT HAPPENED?"
"Actually I don't know, they didn't tell me! Thats why I called you, in case you knew"
"No I really don't know about that... I wonder does Woohyun know..."
"I don't know man, but I think we should go to the hospital, try to call Woohyun!"
"I will and see you there in 15minutes okay?"
"YEP!" Emily said and they hang up.
"What is going on?" Abigail asked from Renee.
"Change your clothes, we are leaving!" Renee said, stood up and started to change her clothes.
"TO WHERE?" Abigail was still confused.
"I'll explain on the way there"
"I won't change my clothes if you dont tell me whats going on, NOW!"
"Okayokay, Sunggyu is in the hospital" She said finally.
"WHAT?" Abigail yelled and started to change her clothes fastly.
"I don't know either but we gotta go there NOW!"

----------------------------------

When Renee and Abigail finally got to the hospital, there was already Emily, Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Woohyun waiting for them.

"Woohyun, what is going on?" Renee asked when they noticed Woohyun and the others.
"I was just about to call you" He said and Renee walked to hug him.
"So tell me now, I'm dead worried here" She said.
"Sunggyu have had a high fever starting from yesterday morning and his parents said that today when he woke up, he couldn't breathe"
"Oh my god..." Renee said and started to think the worst.
"Is he...?" Abigail asked tears in her eyes.
"NO! Oh god the ambulance got there in time and he was diagnosed with mononucleosis or something like that. They gave him antidote and he should be fine"
"THANK GOD! But why arent you guys in his room?" Renee asked.
"Because he needs some sleep now, besides his parents are there now..." Sungyeol said. Right after Sungyeol had talked, Sunggyu's parents came out of the room and his mother said:
"He is awake now... and he is going to be fine." And everbody sighted of relief. Sunggyu's dad continued:
"We have to leave to work now, can you guys take care of him?"
"Of course" Everyone answered.
"We are counting on you" They said, smiled at them and left.

"Hello there~" Woohyun said when they entered his room.
"...HHh...iii....." Sunggyu tried to say.
"Oh I see, you can't talk, right?" Woohyun asked and Sunggyu nodded.
"Luckily I have paper and pencil with me" Woohyun said and smiled at Sunggyu. Everyone gathered his bed to sit down.
"How long do you have to be here?" Abigail asked from Sunggyu. Sunggyu took the paper and pencil from Woohyun and started to write, as soon as he finished, he showed the paper to Abigail and it said:
"For couple of weeks"
"Oh right....You are going to miss the spring festival" She continued. Sunggyu had already forgotten about it, he was supposed to sing a song with Woohyun there, so he looked at Woohyun and tried to mumble:
"I...m.... s...o..rr...y" Woohyun looked at him, smiled and said:
"Its okay, next time then. The most important thing is that you recover fastly" Sunggyu couldn't help but smile at him.



NOTE: I'm sorry that i kept you waiting for so long! I have been just so busy and such, i hope you understand ;~; But i want to thank you all for reading this and especially thank the subscribers!! thank u!! :) keep reading~