I'm Only Human

Sing With Me

 

 

 

It's a week before their debut and the boys were practicing their dance. Since it's almost close to their debut date, Sunggyu kept insisting that they practice every second when they have the time to do so. Why? Have you heard of the idiom 'practice makes perfect'? Hurry up! Again!, was what Sunggyu would usually say to his fellow dongsaeng's when they keep on whining like a little kid. He as the leader must initiate some sort of order in the group. Sure he is close to each other out of practice, but when he is in his 'leader mode' (which what Dongwoo likes to call it), the members MUST listen and obey to everything that he says. To him, everything that comes out from his mouth is law. But the idea was later crushed when the members scoffed and start teasing about it. 

They were practicing Come Back Again for hours now. They had a short rest for 2 or 3? minutes and they all are getting tired and worn out from the constant dancing and Sunggyu's unending grandfather story about practice makes the whole synchronization of the group perfect. They had been practicing since 8 in the morning and when Sungjong looked up at the clock just above the huge practice mirrors covering the room, it was already 2 in the afternoon. And so the maknae's tantrum began.

"Hyung. It's already two o'clock. We've been practicing for 6 hours now!". Sungjong was sitting with his legs opened and both of his hands behind him, supporting his torso.

"So?", Sunggyu said. He was stretching his arms and he looked at Sungjong through the reflection of the mirror from he where he was standing.

"So I'm tired and more importantly hungry". Sungjong answered before pouting and rubbing his tummy, showing that he really is hungry.

"Later Sungjong-ah".

"Hyunggg~! I'm hungry~. Now please!". Sungjong was now acting like a baby. A real one at that. He was swinging his hand all over and his legs was basically ready to crack the wooden planked floor. 

"Aigoo. Okay okay. Calm down Sungjong. We'll get you something to eat". Sunggyu finally gave up with the maknae's childish attitude. Sometimes Sungjong's tantrum can go out of control. The last time the maknae had an outraged tantrum, everyone except for Hoya got, at least, a bruise on their bodies. And it was all because he wants some candy and his hyung's didn't give him. Coincidentally, Hoya wasn't at the dorm when it all happened. He was out and had bought candies and chocolates along the way back home. This results in Hoya being unhurt and becoming Sungjong's favorite hyung.

Sunggyu told the others to have a real break this time. Hoya, Dongwoo, Woohyun, Sungjong and he himself left to get some food leaving the two-third of the maknae line members alone in the room. When Sunggyu asked why they're not coming along, surprisingly, the both had the exact same answer. I'm not really hungry. I ate this morning. 

Things have been really awkward between the two since that happened. Sungyeol would try really hard to avoid the younger. He was actually scared to face Myungsoo after what had happened. He was still in speaking terms with Myungsoo. Or so he thought. But the latter didn't really think so. Every time he talked to Sungyeol, the latter would reply him with short words, as if he doesn't want to speak with him. He even had to corner Sungyeol just to get him to talk only to find himself being bulldozed by the older. Also, there was a time when they woke up quite late for practice in the morning. 

*Flashback*

Sungyeol was inside the bathroom, frantically brushing his teeth when suddenly the door burst opened, revealing a messy-haired, half-lidded  Myungsoo. When Myungsoo looked up, he saw Sungyeol, eyes now wide and hands still gripping the toothbrush in his mouth. Foam was beginning to drop out from the corners of his mouth. Without even giving a second to think, Myungsoo's body reacted first.

He took a step closer to Sungyeol and lifted up his hand, swiftly yet gently rubbed off the foam from the corners of Sungyeol's mouth. Usually, one's first reflex when someone touches you incoherently was to swat away the hand or something like that, but Sungyeol stood frozen, not knowing how to react. Myungsoo lowered his hand to his side and looked at Sungyeol with a sad yet apologetic look.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. I just ... I hate meeting someone like you. People like you, I think... I can't get you out of me. You're just-" Myungsoo stated not really expecting Sungyeol to reciprocate back to him before Sunggyu called him from the living room, telling him to hurry up. He glanced back at Sungyeol one last time before exiting the bathroom, leaving a stunted Sungyeol in it. As Sungyeol blinked after what seems like an eternity, Myungsoo wasn't there anymore. He slowly touched the spot where Myungsoo had touched his face and can't help to wonder with what Myungsoo had said. 'I can't get you out of me'. 'Get me out of him ? Where?', was all Sungyeol thought. 

 

That was two days ago. After that incident at the bathroom, Myungsoo had stopped approaching Sungyeol. He had also stopped talking to the latter. Now, he spent more time talking to the other members, especially Sungjong. This infuriated Sungyeol a little. Sure he wasn't talking with Myungsoo, but he was supposed to be the spotlight of Myungsoo after all that had happened. Shocking as it sounds, the word Choding actually runs in his blood for real. Even if he still is awkward around Myungsoo, he's actually craving for attention from the younger.

Myungsoo was sitting at the corner of the room, fidgeting around with his phone. He was smiling and sometimes letting out a small giggle. Sungyeol noticed this and couldn't help but be curious about the younger's behavior. What's wrong with him? Why is laughing like that? Maybe he has a-- No!. Sungyeol's eyes went wide just by thinking about the possibilities of it. Myungsoo having a girlfriend? Possible, since he is good-looking. Sungyeol doesn't really know why he's acting like this since it's none of his business but he still can't shake off the feeling that there might be something on with Myungsoo and whoever he is with. If he is, Sungyeol keep repeating to himself.

Without even giving a moment of thought, he rapidly dashed to where Myungsoo was. Myungsoo stopped smiling when he noticed that Sungyeol was in front of him. He gave him his infamous stoic look to the older. Without caring about the younger's expression which says something like 'If you don't get out of my sight in 5 seconds, I will decapitate you so smoothly you won't even feel the pain', Sungyeol quickly snatched Myungsoo's phone, leaving the younger one to be in a state of shock. Sungyeol then turned around, his back facing the younger. He then looked at Myungsoo's phone only to find out that the younger had been playing Super Mario all this while. Oops. 

When he turned around, he saw Myungsoo already standing, with a look of anger, annoyance and irritation on his face. They were just inches apart, another step and they nose would have touched. Myungsoo then grabbed his phone harshly back from Sungyeol who looked like he would be executed any minute now. 

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!", Myungsoo screamed right in font of Sungyeol's face making the older flinch. His voice was booming around the room.

"I-I just t-thought t-that y-y-you--", Sungyeol tried to explain, stuttering.

"You just don't know when to stop don't you?", Myungsoo said, now taking a step closer to Sungyeol who eventually backed away from the younger.

"W-what are t-talking about?". Sungyeol was now taking steps backwards, just try to avoid the person in front of him, which seems fairly impossible as Myungsoo was also taking steps closer to Sungyeol. Sungyeol eventually felt cold behind him and noticed that his back had made contact with the practice mirror. He looked at the younger who was now really close with him, nose almost touching. The word personal space wasn't in his dictionary at the moment. Sungyeol's heart was beating a million times faster now. He didn't know why? Maybe he was scared of the younger?

"You're playing with me again aren't you? Since what had happened between us, you're trying to make a joke out of it, aren't you?!", Myungsoo raised his voice at each word he said.

"I-I don't really know what you m-mean". Sungyeol tried to reason. He really didn't know what Myungsoo meant. Then it suddenly hit him. Oh

All these while he haven't noticed his feeling at all. Truth is, he might have liked Myungsoo the first time they've met and his feeling towards the latter developed more as they lived and slept together. He's been liking Myungsoo all the time. He's just too afraid to admit it. Now, he finally can.

"Lee Sungyeol, I'm going to kill--". Myungsoo shut up when he felt a pair of moist lips on his. His eyes were wider than he had even tried, if that's possible. It was a sweet kiss. Seven seconds later, they parted, panting. Myungsoo looked into those dark orbs of the person standing in front him, to find any sort of joke or lie in it. But, there wasn't. Sungyeol's cheeks was now tinted with red. He was chewing down his bottom lip, a habit he does whenever he's nervous. He's not the type to actually initiate all this kind of stuffs. My first kiss. First real kiss with you. Both of them had thought at the same time. Myungsoo was still shocked with what had occurred. Then Sungyeol, broke the awkward silence.

"So, um ... let's give it a try?".


 

Ooohh~ are they gonna date? ^^

Hello there!

Long time no see? Hehe. Don't  kill me. It's been such a long time. It's the holidays where I'm at and I've been traveling all over the world. Nah, just a country. 

Oh! I've got a new poster! Do you like it? Thanks to mrskailu at violetkecil poster shop for the wonderful poster.

So, I hope you enjoyed reading this. All of you. Especially you silent reader over there. Yeah you! 

Comment please so I know how I'm progressing. All comments are gladly appreciated and if you love this story, click the button just above. Thank you! Have a fun-filled April! 

Lolliyeop