Pink: Sungyeol's NEW Favorite Colour

Sing With Me

'꿈'

'夢'

'梦想'

'rêver'

'mimpi'

'dream'

 

If six languages wasn't enough, then Sungyeol would need more languages for him to get a hold of the entire situation. He didn't understand it though. It's as if God wanted to play tricks on him. It was all a dream. A dream. He carefully opened his eyes, not really wanting to step back into the reality world when you're making out with your good-looking best friend or possibly even crush. But no. Reality had to hit him, hard. He squinted his eyes a little to adjust with the brightness of where ever he is at the moment. Once he was fully fine with the lighting, he sighed as he looked at the environment around him. Oh, it's the practice room. 

He noticed that he was laying on the wooden floor of the room, his back slightly aching. Ah, my back hurts. How long have I been lying down here?, he thought to himself. He slowly got up from his lying position, grunting a little due to the ache during the process. Once fully on both feet, he rubbed his eyes to make his vision clearer. He looked up at the clock on the wall. 9 pm. He looked around the room and noticed that he was the only one in it. Where is everybody?, he asked himself. He concluded that the other members might have had dinner without him, knowing that he had repeatedly rejected the member's offer to dine with them for dinner, just so that he could avoid Myungsoo. Speaking of Myungsoo, Sungyeol recalled back his dream. He blushed a crimson red while thinking about it. He sighed before he smiled a little. If only it was real.

He walked to the door and touched the knob only to be knocked by the door opening from the outside. He squeaked before tumbling down and landing on his . He squinted his eyes a bit due to the impact and pain, then, saw a hand being extended to him. He looked up and realized that it was Myungsoo's hand. The younger's face was filled with awkwardness and ... was that ... happiness? He hesitantly took hold of the latter's hand. He noticed that Myungsoo tighten his hold on Sungyeol's hand before pulling him up easily. He looked down on the floor, trying to cover up his blush that was starting to tint his cheeks. He looked at Myungsoo and their eyes met for a split second. They stared in that position for some quite time, Myungsoo being a couple of feet away from Sungyeol. Sungyeol then started chewing on his bottom lips, a habit that he had when he was nervous. Myungsoo eventually broke the silence that had been lingering around them.

"Sorry for hitting you. I didn't notice that you were behind the door," Myungsoo apologized. 

"No. It's my fault. I wasn't careful enough to notice that you were opening it." Sungyeol tried to reason awkwardly. This is probably the first time they've ever spoken properly to each other excluding the 'yes', 'no' and 'hm's

"Oh. Okay then". Myungsoo said before taking his bag and walking to the corner of the room, leaving Sungyeol standing awkwardly alone. Sungyeol then went to sit to the other corner of the practice room, facing Myungsoo's side. Myungsoo sat down with his legs crossed and took out a book from his bag. He opened the book before beginning to read it intently. Sungyeol raised his eyebrow due to the younger's action. He ... reads? Okay. Never had expected that coming, and it was true. Sungyeol had never expected that Myungsoo was the type to read books. He had always imagined Myungsoo being the delinquent type of student in school or a bad boy or a flirter. Not a book-reader Myungsoo. He's really something. What else does he do? Do gardening at home? Volunteers at the old folks-

"I know I'm really handsome, but you're stare distracts my concentration," Myungsoo said plainly while looking expressionless at Sungyeol, making the older snap out from his thoughts. This kid. Thinks he's really good-looking ...... well, he is.

"Pfft. Save that for your dearest girlfriend," Sungyeol retorted back with a disgusted look, although deep inside he knows that the younger's statement is beyond true.

"Or maybe boyfriend," Myungsoo said, leaning slightly forward while looking straight into Sungyeol's eyes.

This made Sungyeol blush slightly. 

"Why are you looking at me like that? It's not like I'm going to be your boyfriend anytime soon," Sungyeol said with an annoyed tone.

"Hmm, I don't know ... maybe you will. Soon," Myungsoo said, leaning against the wall while also giving his eye smile to the older before continuing reading his book. Now this statement made Sungyeol blush really really hard, if that's possible. 

"W-whatever," Sungyeol stuttered before getting up and heading to the door. Before exiting the room, he heard a soft chuckle from the younger before slamming the door shut. Damn that kid. 

Sungyeol headed out of the building and was walking on the sidewalk when he had intended to call Sunggyu on s' whereabouts. Then, he noticed that he had left his phone in his bag back in the practice room. He grunted before turning his body and walking back into the building.

He was in front of the practice room door when he felt that something was slightly off. He touched the door knob and twisted it. The door opened with a slight creak to it. Weird that had never happened before, he thought to himself as the door opened fully. He was about to step inside when he noticed that the room was dark. The light wasn't switched on. Did Myungsoo off the light? Where is he?, Sungyeol asked himself. He quickly the light, which was just beside the wall of the entrance. Once the room was brightly lit, Sungyeol averted his eyes around the room, trying to find the raven-haired boy, and suddenly stopped at the center of the room. He saw that there was something on the floor. He walked to the center and picked up the thing. It was a piece of cotton candy-pink colored paper with some writing on it. 

 

Look behind you.

 

Sungyeol was hesitant about doing this. As he had the body of an 18 year old but a mind of a 6 year old, all possibilities and probabilities starts pondering in his head of what might actually happen. Oh my god! There must be a ghost behind me! Or maybe a serial killer! Oh my god! Help! Without realizing it, drops of sweat was beginning to form on his forehead. Oh, there's also one that was sliding down his neck right now. He was in his world of thoughts when he was brought back to reality by a voice that not only surprised him, but also the voice he recognized very well from.

"Yah, what's taking you so long? Just turn around will you?"

Sungyeol turned around swiftly, almost tripping against his other leg in the process. He saw that Myungsoo was leaning against the frame of the door, both hands in his sweatpants' pockets. There was also some large Manila cards arranged on the floor in front from where the younger was standing. He sighed in relief that it was just Myungsoo and not some serial killer or lunatic guy or a e. 

"Sheesh, why did you turned off the lights? And 'yah'? I'm older than you for your information. So you should-",

"Shut up!," Myungsoo said a little too loudly than he had intended. Sungyeol flinched and was taken aback by this. He had never seen Myungsoo being all mad and angry. Hell, he never could have imagined it. This guy ... seriously has mood swings. He didn't know why, but right now, his body started trembling. He began chewing his bottom lip. He was nervous. 

"Now this took me my entire courage to do this. You, will shut your mouth until I finish and will only nod or shake your head although I prefer you to nod at the end. Got it?," Myungsoo said sternly, looking straight into Sungyeol's eyes.

He didn't know what the younger is up to, but just so that he could please Myungsoo's heart, he nodded slowly, afraid to infuriate the younger. With that being done, Myungsoo straighten himself and takes his hand out from his pocket and bend down and picked up the Manila cards on the floor. He took five steps to Sungyeol before looking at the choding in front of him. He then showed the first card to Sungyeol.

 

I know it's just been over 7 months we've known each other. 210 days to be exact

 

Sungyeol looked at the words written on the card. He looked at Myungsoo and was surprised that younger had a hopeful look in his eyes. He looked back at the card. Wow. It's already been that long we've known each other. Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo again and nodded slowly, signaling the younger to continue. Myungsoo took the first card and put it down on the floor, revealing the second card. 

 

But out of this 210 days, you've made me want to know you more in less than an hour.

 

Sungyeol was confused right now. What is he actually trying to do? He looked at Myungsoo with a puzzled expression, but nevertheless nodded to the younger. Myungsoo then took out the third card.

 

I might sound selfish, but I want to know not just 'more' about you. I want to go way beyond that.

 

​Sungyeol nods, expression still quizzical, while looking at Myungsoo. 

 

Yeollie

 

Myungsoo was looking nervous to show him the fifth card. He did it anyways.

 

I Like You 

 

Sungyeol's eyes instantly widened due to the sudden confession. He was practically frozen on spot. His brain was not functioning well right now. Time seems to move ever so slowly for Sungyeol right now.

If you ask Sungyeol what does he feel about Myungsoo, he might answer like 'Oh he's a good friend' or 'He's the best dongsaeng ever!'. That's all a lie. Sungyeol had always liked Myungsoo not just as a friend. He had laid eyes on him the very first time they encountered each other at the coffee shop seven months ago. Since then, the image Myungsoo had been lingering around his mind, and possibly heart. When they were told that they were going to be band mates, he was beyond overwhelmed. The only problem is: he is too afraid to actually face his feelings. This was Sungyeol's one and only emotional weakness. Due to personal problems in his family, he had basically locked up his feelings and created himself a facade. But the 'choding' he shows, is actually his true self. Long story short, he just has emotional problems that he never shows to people.

Sungyeol was snapped out when he saw Myungsoo dropped the card, revealing another card.

 

Can we give it a try? 

 

Without waiting to look at Sungyeol's reaction, Myungsoo the dropped the card and held up what seems to be two A4 sized papers. A pink paper on his left hand, and a brown on his right hand. He walked slowly to Sungyeol who was now, even more surprised and baffled, it that was possible. He stopped just in front of Sungyeol and held out the papers in front of him.

"Choose. Please?," Myungsoo said gently and politely. He had a really hopeful and yet expectant tone.

 

YES 。◕‿◕。  

NO o(╥﹏╥)o

 

Sungyeol just gasped as what was happening right now. Everything that is going on right now, is just so confusing. But, this is what he had wanted. To be more than friends and this is what's happening right now. A chance. A hope. He regained his composure, heart still palpitating before looking deep into Myungsoo's eyes. He lifted up his hands. Myungsoo was now really really nervous. His handsome features was now filled with nervousness. Sungyeol chuckled a little before talking hold of the pink paper and slowly sliding it off from Myungsoo's grasp. Myungsoo was surprised and speechless. He couldn't imagine that his crush would accept him. Finally, he thought to himself. Sungyeol saw Myungsoo grinning like an idiot before leaning close to the younger's ears and whispered.

"Pink, is my favorite color now. Myungie."


It's official. I guess?

Hello there! Long time no see ... hehe.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter cuz I personally did. Weird huh?

Yes, Sungyeol has family problems and I'll write about in another chapter but for now, just enjoy the fluffs for the upcoming chapters

So, comments are deeply appreciated so comment. PLEASE! and to those silent readers out there, I have my shotgun ready. Just kidding, I love all of you! 

Till next time! Bye~

 

Lolliyeop