Twist # 9

Twisted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A sleek black BMW SUV hitched in front of one of the prestigious middle schools in the whole Korea. It didn’t take a minute before the chauffeur opened the doors of the expensive car, revealing the Park siblings. Instantly, chatters were heard on their surroundings after Bom stepped out of the car followed by the bullies’ new apple of the eye.

 

Unfortunately, Bom had heard every single sentence that was thrown at her as clear as the skies above. She fixed her glasses and tightened her hold on her backpack.

 

“Oh heck no! The loser Bom is back! The academy is doomed! Everything is bound to get loose again!”

 

“Nothing’s changed. Oops! No there is! She got larger than ever! See? Her uniform’s buttons are close in popping!”

 

“I hope she won’t be my classmate. Like ew?! I don’t want to acquire her ugly and nerdy virus you know? Not to forget her ugh large frame”

 

Luhan noticed the effect of the taunts to his foster sister. Her face remained stoic yet he knew how she quivers inside base on how tight her hold on her bag is. She stood rooted on her spot, not saying anything even forgetting to bade the chauffeur goodbye.

 

Flirty squeals and exaggerated gushes followed right after ridiculing the older of the two. It didn’t take a genius for Park Bom to know who they are referring to immediately.

 

“Oh my gosh girl! Look! He is so handsome!”

“Who’s that cutie beside that freak?”

 

The squeals got louder when Bom and Luhan walked past the earlier fawning female senior students that finally laid their eyes on Luhan. Despite her dazed mind settings, Bom managed to pull Luhan closer to her hip.

 

“That is her adopted brother! What a waste of gorgeous face.”

“Why? Why?”

“Haven’t you heard the latest gossip? Rumours have it that the guy is mute.”

“No wonder he has that sketchpad with him. What a waste.”

“Too bad isn’t it?”

 

The younger of the two’s face started to darken. He honestly didn’t give a damn if his whole being was greeted with derision however, he would not allow them to drag Bom down. He threw a sharp glare at the chattering girls beside them albeit it went unnoticed.

 

How could they say that to Bom when they are way uglier than her? They are nowhere near in reaching the tip of Bom’s beauty. He couldn’t quite comprehend as well the weight taunts they threw at her when she is not oversized or something. Compare to their bony toothpick sized figure, he would choose Bom’s body structure than them anytime.

 

When the girls finally walk past them, he gently held on Bom’s clenched fist to snap her from her stupor. Bom jerked from the sudden touch, pulling her hand away from his hold with bewildered eyes that startled the boy. It took a few second before the auburn haired lad retracted his hand and quickly stepped down. His cherubic face became gloom as he bowed his head for apologies.

 

Finally realizing what she did, Bom tended to her brother and hooked her arm on his. Rubbing his hair affectionately, she gave out a bright smile to him despite the imminent sting on her eyes. “Noona is very sorry. I…I’m just spacing out like the usual that’s all. Forgive me neh?”

 

Luhan looked at her eyes for a moment before nodding in understanding. He then mouthed ‘Ignore them noona. I’m here beside you.’ to her.

 

This time she smiled genuinely, her eyes forming crescents and her chest feeling warm. Despite all the hurtful remarks she had heard, Luhan didn’t fail on boosting her up.

 

“Yes I know. Ignore them.” Bom repeated what Luhan had said and fumbled on her backpack. They then started to stride the pathway towards the huge halls of the academy.

 

It is actually the first schooling day for the senior students of Kyunggi Middle School including Bom. For others, it was just another normal sunny day but not for the Park siblings. Today will surely be a long day and they need to buckle up for the long ride. They just had a taste on the entrance gates and things are going down for real.

 

“Keep your head down Luhan.” Bom muttered out of nowhere which made Luhan to throw her a questioning glance.

 

Before he could digest what his older sibling had said, murmurs a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter