Chapter VII

No One Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

(April 2010)

“Let’s be friends, Sooyoungie.”

Their manager scolded them because they showed too much affection during their concert in Shanghai. They were playing with each other on stage, completely forgetting that were actually in public. In result, their manager was very mad at both of them.

Sooyoung panicked hearing those words from Jessica. “No! Why can’t we stay the same, Sica?” She can feel her tears travelling down her cheeks right now.

“It’s for the best, Youngie. Remember years ago, I wished for you to fulfill your dreams. And it’s still my wish now.” Jessica tried fighting her tears but they still fell nonetheless.

“Why can’t we fulfill my dreams together?” Sooyoung’s tears continued to fall.

“We can. As friends. I’ll still be by your side. Not as close but I won’t be too far. I promise.” Jessica wiped Sooyoung’s tears. “Friends?”

Sooyoung didn’t know that this word could hurt her so much. “You’re leaving me. I thought you love me.”

Jessica was stabbed in the heart. “I love you, Sooyoungie. I love you more than you could ever imagine. But we can’t be more than friends. Not anymore.”

 

*

(Present Time)

“It’s either we stay like this, members of the same girl group. We will treat each other just as how we would treat other members. Or…”

“Or what?” Sooyoung asked.

“Or we give it another try.”

Sooyoung froze.  

“So what will it be?” Jessica’s voice almost cracked. She was too nervous. She already put her heart out there. It’s all on Sooyoung’s hands now.

“What will be the difference this time?” Sooyoung found Jessica’s eyes. “You broke up with me. You gave up on our love. How sure are you that it will not happen again this time around?”

Jessica gulped. She felt discouraged at how Sooyoung was acting. It seemed like she’s against with the idea of getting back together.

Sooyoung continued. “Yes, we still love each other. I still love you and that will never change. But does that mean our fate will still be the same this time around?” She was clearly confused. She wanted nothing else but to be with Jessica again but it’s not that simple.

“I don’t know.” Jessica answered. “To be honest, I’m not sure of what will happen to us after this. I’m not sure if we’ll end up hurting each other again. But we still love each other after all these years.”

Jessica held Sooyoung’s hands. “Isn’t that a sign that we belong to each other? That no matter what we do we’ll still end up in each other’s arms.”

 

**

 

(November 2011)

Sooyoung already had a bad feeling when he bumped to Donghae on her way into the waiting room. She thought it was strange to Donghae to visit their waiting room alone. She saw her member’s faces when she went in.

“Talk to her. She need

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter