Chapter IV

No One Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

(August 2011)

 

"I'm okay, guys. Stop hugging me." Sooyoung tried to pull away from the other members who were crowding her.

Jessica was just quietly watching them. She panicked when she heard about the news. She had to finish her photoshoot before her manager drove her to the hospital. She came right in time as Sooyoung just woke up.

"Sooyoung, are you enjoying free hospital food?" Yoona .

"The food's okay. But I'm craving for pizza but they won't let me. They want me to eat healthy food."

The members laughed at her. They were all relieved to see that Sooyoung was okay.

Sooyoung suddenly gasped. "What about the comeback?"

"Don't worry about that. All you have to worry about is getting better." Sunny answered.

"But how about the fans? They'll be disappointed."

"They'll understand. They wouldn't want you to perform when you're not in your best condition."

"How about promoting without…?"

She was cut off. "Never an option," said Taeyeon.

Sooyoung smiled, thankful of her members.

Their manager spoke. "I know you didn't want to announce the accident but the management thought it would be best to not keep your fans blinded in this matter. They would want to know."

Sooyoung sighed. "I understand. I just didn't want to make them worry."

Jessica was still watching the other members interacting with Sooyoung. She hasn't said a word to Sooyoung yet. She felt herself getting teary-eyed.

"Unnie, are you crying?" Yoona who was standing beside Jessica noticed.

"No." Jessica quickly wiped her tears.

"Sica, come here." Sooyoung didn't fail to notice Jessica. She was secretly glancing at Jessica from time to time.

Jessica came closer but being closer to Sooyoung intensified her emotions. She broke out in tears.

Sooyoung panicked. "Sica, stop crying. I'm okay now." Since she could not hug the other girl at the moment, she reached out her hand and squeezed Jessica's hand. "I'm okay. Stop crying now."

"I'm sorry. I can't stop my tears."

The other members are laughing at her. "Don't be a cry baby, Jessi." Tiffany said in english.

"I'm not." Jessica quickly wiped her tears.

"Are you trying the steal the spotlight, Sica?" Yuri continued teasing her.

"I'm not!" Jessica whined.

*

 

(2005)

 

"Are you crying again?"

Sooyoung quickly wiped her tears. "No." She finally faced Jessica.

"Why are you such a cry baby?" Jessica wiped the marks of tears that were still obvious in Sooyoung's face.

"I'm not. It's just the pressure. I thought we'd debut soon but suddenly the management decided that we could not make it with the current members." Sooyoung's tears begin to fall again. "Unnie, maybe I'm not meant for this. All I wanted was to sing and perform. Maybe I could do that without being an idol."

Jessica hugged her. "I thought we're supposed to achieve our dream together. You want to leave me here alone?"

"You know it's not like that, unnie."

"It's exactly like that. You leave, there's no point for me to be here too." Jessica instantly regretted what she said. She somewhat in a way told Sooyoung that she was the only reason why she's still here. Luckily, Sooyoung did not make it a big deal.

"One more year and if nothing happens I'm outta here."

Jessica finally smiled. "Let's go. We should practice together more."

Sooyoung laughed. "I didn't know you can be this clingy."

"Only to you." She mumbled.

"Huh? You said something?"

"Nuh-uh." Jessica shook her head.

**

(2006)

 

"Oh God, tell me you're not crying again." Jessica found Sooyoung a the rooftop.

"I'm not." Sooyoung quickly wiped the tears. She saw the look on Jessica's face. "Okay, I'm crying. But this is actually tears of joy."

"I know." Jessica grinned at her.

"We're finally debuting."

"But we still don't know when."

"Soon. I'll trust their word." Sooyoung was really happy to hear the news especially that she'll be debutin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter