The Christmas— Part two

Je l'ai embrassé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung

 

I heaved a sigh, before flopping down on the couch, feeling exhausted after our 'little' shopping. "Luhan, are you going to cook?" I asked, my eyes fixated on the television's screen, not noticing how Luhan was struggling with the grocery. "Of course, I have to. Or, will you rather starve yourself?" Luhan snorted, he rolled his eyes yet his lips curled into a small smile.

"I was thinking of ordering from the Chinese restaurant down the street, they smell delicious." I shrugged my shoulders, my fingers running through my messy and tangled hair. "Pssh, please, I can cook way more better than them," Luhan heaved his chest upwards, as he boasted. I rolled my eyes, and bit my lips as I hesitated, "Does Baekhyun know how to cook too?"

I didn't know why I asked that question, somehow, this whole Christmas Day, Byun Baekhyun had been invading my brain. This whole day, I was just thinking about him, wandering if I spent my Christmas Day with him, would it be more fun? Was Baekhyun a funny person? Was Baekhyun just a playboy like what his other friends had described him as?

"I don't know," Luhan snapped, "and I don't care."

"What's with you seriously? You don't have to react like this every single time whenever I asked about Baekhyun, right?" This time it was me who finally lost the patience. I didn't know why Luhan was mad, and reacted like it was the end of the world, shouting like a lunatic person just with the mention of Byun Baekhyun. They were best friends for goodness sake! Couldn't I just take a small interest in a beautiful stranger that caught my very own attention when I met him?

"Just...just stay away from him," Luhan had softened his tone, and he finally relaxed his tense muscles. He brought up his hand and massaged his ceased forehead. "He is a playboy that is going to break any girl's heart, including yours and I...I will never allow him to hurt you," He mumbled, and shook his head adamantly at me.

"Luhan! I am not interested him in that sort of way, I just want to get to know him more better as a friend!" I stuck out my lower lip, sulking as I leaned back on the white wall. "Beside, Baekhyun won't ever like a girl like me. A girl like Hyemin is like everyone's choice." I whispered the last part, still sulking like a big baby.

"Don't say that, I am sure that there is someone out that loves you for who you are. I am very certain, and don't ask me how." Luhan shrugged his shoulders, as he gave me one of his gentle and warm smile. "You really should appreciate your beauty, because there is someone out there that loves and is crazy for that smile of yours," Luhan wiggled his brows up and down, his lips tugged up into a small e's smirk.

"Probably a corpse might like my smile," I giggled, finally getting up from my sofa and stretched lazily like an awaken cat. I heard Luhan sniggering quietly in the kitchen, before laughing out loud and began slapping himself, "So, does that makes me a corpse then?"Luhan looked up from the pot to me, there was still a small smile plastered on his face. Wait, what? I arched my brow at him, not fully digesting well of what he had blubbered out.

Luhan, who was quite shocked of what he had just accidentally spat out, panicked, "Urm, I mean like..argh, I mean I'm your dad so shouldn't I like your smile?" He smiled at me cheekily, a smudge of sticky flour on the corner of his lips. "Yeah yea, whatever," I rolled my eyes, shaking my head at how childish Luhan was. I never knew mom would like a guy like him, I had always assumed that she was those type of girls that prefer older men. I guess, I never knew my mom fully well then.

"Luhan—," just as I was about to warn Luhan about that flour stuck on his lips, the doorbell rang for several time. "Did you invited anyone?" Luhan asked me with that frown on his face. I shook my head, just confused as he was. Luhan strolled over to the door, scratching his head like a little kid.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!"As soon as Luhan opened the door, what greeted us was Luhan's best friends all dressed up on our front pouch. "W-what are you guys doing here?" Luhan chu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter