Phoenix (MoonWoo)

Whispering Bells

Title : Phoenix

Song : PHOENIX 

Pairings : Junyoung x Minwoo (MoonWoo)

                         

                                          ********************************************************

They walked through the remnants of the building, looking for some supplies since theirs had been depleted. The air was dry and dusty, but they were used to it. Eversince the massive earthquake that broke out, the country – no, the world had turned into a barren wasteland. It was almost like an apocalypse. Only a few survivors remain, both of them being a part of it.

Junyoung tapped Minwoo’s shoulder, gesturing him towards a run-down pharmacy in the distance. He sighed in relief. The makeshift bandage on the wound on his arm aint that good, and its starting to hurt. And Junyoung’s left ankle was wrapped with a makeshift cast, making the male limp slightly.

They reached the door of the pharmacy which was of course, on its hinges but thankfully not broken. They needed shelter for the night afterall. They’d been on the run and traveling around with short breaks and limited food suplies for three straight days now. Their injuries were the result of them crossing paths with a few other survivors and a nearly burned down restaurant; which of course turned into a fight for food. Funny, when they should have got together and save the fighting and injuries and instead gain strength in numbers. Interesting what desperation could do to a human being.

Junyoung inspected the pharmacy and took note that most of its supplies were still intact while Minwoo took some stray planks and started a small fire. He sighed with relief as the sparks started to form into a small crackling fire.

With the help of the light from the fire, Junyoung looked for some bandages  and antiseptic at the shelfs. He sighed when he saw the antisepic at the top of the shelf, but he couldnt reach it because of his ankle. Damn. He tried anyway, only to drop down and cry in pain.

“Hyung !”

Minwoo immadiately came runnning towards him, a look of alarm on his face.

“Hyung, you alright ?” Minwoo asked, concern laced in his voice.

“I- Im fine. Ah !” a cry of pain involuntarily escaped his lips.

“Hyung !” Minwoo panicked.  “Hyung, what were you trying to do ?!” he scolded.

“T-the antiseptic” he managed, pointing towards the said item before groaning and clutching his ankle again.

“Ill get it. You sit there and rest”

“B-but-“

“No buts” Minwoo said with a firm voice.

Junyoung sighed as Minwoo helped him up and layed him against the wall near the fire. He watched as Minwoo tried his best to reach the antiseptic without moving his injured arm. He sighed again. He is the hyung, the older one, so he should be taking care of Minwoo, not the other way around. He tried hard, protecting Minwoo, treating his injuries, finding them shelter, and overall surviving. And now, even if Minwoo was only taking some medicine to treat both their injuries, he felt uncomfortable. He should be doing it. Not Minwoo.

Eversince he found Minwoo injured, alone, amongst a pile of rubble due to the aftermath of the disaster, he took it upon himself to take care of him, to protect him, to be beside him in this destroyed world.  Minwoo, of course, was a little elusive at first, well who wouldnt be when everyone else left is so desperate they dont care about others but themselves only. He himself didnt even know why did he even offered to help Minwoo in the first place, and then even letting Minwoo be his companion. Some questions are better left unanswered.

Minwoo came over with the supplies needed and started disassembling the makeshift cast on Junyoung’s ankle. He took the antiseptic and started cleaning Junyoung’s wound before grabbing a small piece of random plank that he found and fixed Junyoung’s ankle, the latter biting his lip to brave through the pain.

When he was done with Junyoung, he started rebandaging himself, slowly dabbing the antiseptic on the open cut on his arm and wrapping bandages over it. He took the painkillers he found and gave them to Junyoung , who took one and muttered a thank you.They looked for some food and luckily found some, albeit all of them being nutritional food and beverages.

After eating, Minwoo snuggled up against Junyoung and closed his eyes. They will be continuing their journey tomorrow, and he, no they, needed a good rest to sustain their energy. They were heading towards a place called Xenos, since they had heard whispers of other survivors that Xenos had suffered the least damage, although still pretty beaten up, and the few remaining survivors were gathering there to resurrect. The name Xenos, literally meaning strange or strangers, was given to the place due to its strange environment. And now, it still seemed quite fitting, as the people meeting there would most probably be strangers from different walks of life. Like a phoenix rising from its ashes, the people plan to rise back from the disaster, building up civilization and technologies again. Difficult, but not impossible.

Junyoung ran his fingers through Minwoo’s hair as he stayed awake to keep watch, a fond smile gracing his features. He sighed as he started thinking up plans for their journey tomorrow. But one thing’s for sure,

Its gonna be a long journey.

***********************************************************

A/N : Notice the name Xenos ? I did NOT made that up. Even the meaning. Its actually taken from X-5's name, which stands for Xenos 5. Ya know them ? Yeah yeah i know the Open World Entertainment scandal and such, but, what happened to 'innocent until proven guilty' ? Why only 'guilty until proven innocent' ? Okay what ever. I miss them :'( . But dont fret ! Taefung, Haewon and Sulhu, now known as Donghyun, J.One and Jinwan, will be debuting soon in a group called LU:KUS along with two other VERY talented peeps, Choi and Kyungjin !! Though idk the definiton of soon, the news came out in March... but whatever. i KNOW they are going to be awesome. Dare go against my word ? HA, as if ! (sassy gurl here). Okay okay... now I know Ghun is in the army (i think) but Zin, idk about him. Someone please tell me ? >< In the meantime, feast upon this awesomeness !!!

Oh yeah. Going crazy